Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Coptering Get Their Own Animation And "feature"?

Twilight053

Balance has been applied already as each weapon now has different "weight" to it, and adding a copter animation would probably just look silly. I think it's fine the way it is currently. People would get upset about the change and it would probably negatively effect coptering in general.

And flying around like a helicopter doesn't look silly...?

I think... coptering and sprint/slide/sprint/slide/sprint/slide should be removed because is an illogical way to move around and takes away all the fun of the game to players that wants to go normally and new players that dont know how to move like that.... but it looks like those things are going to stay, so yes, you are right, they need to become an actual movement feature with its respective balance buff and nerf to make it a viable real way to move faster, useful but not op instead of staying like some kind of exploit/cancel to repeatedly get speed over short distances through all the way without limitations

And flying around like a helicopter doesn't look silly...?

I think in comparison to how they could possibly make an animation for it we're better off sticking to the slide attack mid-air because not only are we accustomed to seeing it, i haven't a baldy as to how they could make a mid-air travel technique using a melee weapon without making it look as bad if not worse than what we have.

I don't believe at any point I said it didn't look silly either.

Well, since we just can't get rid of a glitch that ended up beign an official feature that supports the rushing playstyle (which is an irony since DE has stated several times that rushing is not something they support, yet they still allow coptering...), sure we should have something as part of the "official" movement, an animation with it's own name, like "forward push" or something, even if the community keeps calling it "coptering".