Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Freezing For 20 Seconds On Select Actions

Zarrazheno

I get a freeze whenever I hit 'back' or exit my Arsenal.

Whenever I select an artifact.

And when I save settings (but it's not a simple saving settings freeze)

There's one second or so if it being smooth upon doing these actions and then it freezes for exactly 20 seconds each time I do this action, and my settings are never saved. These issues arose with the 7.7.3 update, although not immediately. Any else get this or know how to fix it?

It's getting really irksome, thanks. 

I am also having this issue after having a host prematurely disconnected at the end of a defense mission yesterday. Everything earned in that mission was lost and immediately after my hard drive filled up completely. When I tried to open the launcher it stated that I needed 99MB of free space to run the game. I Performed a disk cleanup and fault check for the hard drive followed by a full uninstall/reinstall of Warframe on Steam yet the problem still persists.  Now any game settings (artifacts, sound, resolution, custom colors, etc.) will not be saved after closing the client and I'm also experiencing the same freezing upon exiting the arsenal menu. If it is a write problem is there a specific file in the game folder that needs to be replaced?

Edited by Tenebraex

Bumping this again - because I tried to redownload the game after clearing the cache via the non-steam patcher... still getting these 'freezes'.

Can I get any sort of support here, please? This makes the game very difficult to play. 

I submitted a support ticket, still awaiting assignment, but I'll help you bump this. The freezes from changing settings can and will disconnect you and anyone else you're hosting for from a game. I accidentally kicked out 3 people on wave 5 of Xini simply by changing the brightness. Personally, having all of my preferences reset each time I close the client is more "irksome" but it is effecting game play as well.

Edit: Cleared the updater cache and re-downloaded, fruitlessly.

Edited by Tenebraex

I submitted a support ticket, still awaiting assignment, but I'll help you bump this. The freezes from changing settings can and will disconnect you and anyone else you're hosting for from a game. I accidentally kicked out 3 people on wave 5 of Xini simply by changing the brightness. Personally, having all of my preferences reset each time I close the client is more "irksome" but it is effecting game play as well.

Edit: Cleared the updater cache and re-downloaded, fruitlessly.

Thank you very much. 

I've still had no luck in getting rid of these 'freezes' 

Dealing with resetting options I would be able to grumble through and keep playing, but the freezing is another issue entirely. I almost don't want to pick an artifact when I log in anymore. Or If I have to fact lots of infected, I don't want to switch weapons or mods anymore. The freezing is too taxing. 

Might be something else, the game is read/run and not write, perhaps some temp file in the user dir.

If you have something writing your hd full, depending on the size of the hd and the size data being written you might have some malicious software.

I have plenty of room on my harddrive and I'm almost positive my computer is clean...

I am also having this issue after having a host prematurely disconnected at the end of a defense mission yesterday. Everything earned in that mission was lost and immediately after my hard drive filled up completely. When I tried to open the launcher it stated that I needed 99MB of free space to run the game. I Performed a disk cleanup and fault check for the hard drive followed by a full uninstall/reinstall of Warframe on Steam yet the problem still persists.  Now any game settings (artifacts, sound, resolution, custom colors, etc.) will not be saved after closing the client and I'm also experiencing the same freezing upon exiting the arsenal menu. If it is a write problem is there a specific file in the game folder that needs to be replaced?

His temp files for warframe or whatever files get written.

How much MB were talking about.

Which files? 

Freezing occurs when your PC can not some how process game files.

This mainly occurs when creating temp files with your stats under the user dir.

\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Warframe

Edited by GrandMasterV

I did look through the warframe folder when I was pulling out the launcher and EE logs. The crash log from the 19th shows I had 40.2GB left at the time of the crash and how that dropped to 2MB immediately after I have no idea. Didn't see anything suspicious left in the folder though, the whole thing is only 152MB.

Edited by Tenebraex

Optimization, Beta version so it is to be expected.

Better to have crashes now and fix them, then when the official release.

I realize this and this is true... but it feels like I'm unique to these issues at the moment? And it's not like I have a bad machine either. The freezing persists since patch 7.7.3. Leaving the arsenal has a one second split of 'smoothless transition' and then ensues a freeze for 20 seconds, I counted. The same goes with choosing an artifact. Opening the deck has no freezing, but when I choose an artifact, it has one second smoothness and then the 20 seconds of freeze time. (incidentally closing it without picking does nothing).

Can't just be AMD, happening with a GTX 460 also. It is as Zarrazheno says, backing out of a selection doesn't cause any freezing but confirming a selection will cause a 20 second freeze. The exception being the arsenal which always freezes upon backing out. Trying to do anything during this time will prompt a "The Evolution Engine is not responding" window with the option to close or wait it out.

Edited by Tenebraex

Can't just be AMD, happening with a GTX 460 also. It is as Zarrazheno says, backing out of a selection doesn't cause any freezing but confirming a selection will cause a 20 second freeze. The exception being the arsenal which always freezes upon backing out. Trying to do anything during this time will prompt a "The Evolution Engine is not responding" window with the option to close or wait it out.

Exactly this. And I don't have physx turned on either. As my settings aren't saved for the next session anyway. 

True but with AMD that could be the issue

Reference: http://physxinfo.com/wiki/Configuration_types

But i run asus GTX 660 http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX660DC22GD5

Not sure why yours could not handle as it is DX11 rdy.

AMD mod, does need 2 cards 

http://physxinfo.com/wiki/Hybrid_PhysX

But looking at the specs you have less cuda cores, and it seems this game has yet to be optimized.

Perhaps we should ask the Devs cause i can't find anything that would explain this other then the above.

Edited by GrandMasterV

Ive been having issues kinda like that but when joining servers with bad hosts.   http://oi41.tinypic.com/14jxgtf.jpg  hers a picture with the in-game chat message error plus another error that I recieve.  In this game I palyed, it was so bad that I was standing on a mod and it wouldnt register me standing on it.  Others on the server compalined about a long delay but not quite as long as mine.  And at the end of the wave, I couldnt even vote to fight some more, or exit and claim.  As of today, ive installed a new video grpahic card (GeForce GTX 650) and I ahve no issues playing any othe game and not issue playing solo , but when i join others, its a coin toss on whether I have a good frame rate or crappy frame rate, and its the Migrating host, thing that annoys me since its restarts the mission or doesnt end th eone that we already finsihed.