The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Xbox One Controller Scheme Vs. Pc Controller Scheme Issues

(XBOX)Lartole

What’s up,my concern and my point of writing this, is regarding the controller settings scheme of warframe on Xbox one. I, unlike many other pc players, though I know there are a few, play warframe on pc with an xbox360 adapter and 360 controller. Now I know it’s early, but I just want to address the issue. It is a little hard transitioning from xbox360 controller for warframe on pc to warframe on xbox one and its controller, I will explain why. For pc, I never bother to use roll, I would rather slide like everybody else- as sliding and melee'ing (slide->coptering) enables you to move quick throughout the levels and kill enemies quick throughout the levels. For pc by utilizing slide you can air spin melee attack or also slide front flip and melee attack and/or mix it up. As a pc player using a controller this was the core/norm of my combat fighting style. Barely any players could tell I use a controller, unless they are extremely experienced and question how am I killing and moving that fast lol. Anyway to the point, on pc if you are not running you crouch - seeing as slide is the same button used for crouch. Now my ultimate issue is that on the Xbox one I cannot slide and air spin melee attack or slide front flip and melee attack and/or mix it up. I can’t do this because there is no option for me to unbind Hold to crouch. Therefore instead of me being able to do all those melee maneuvers all I can do is jump in the air and cut down after sliding or your typical slide and back hand slice- which still feels hard to do. Hold to crouch is a utility probably permanently embedded in the Xbox one controller setting systems being that crouch, slide, and roll are all programmed on the same utility. You cannot remove roll, remove crouch, or remove slide, they all act as one in the same sequence no matter what button on your pad you assign it to. This is a problem for pc gamers who use controllers for pc on warframe transitioning to Xbox one, like me. This also may be a problem for pc gamers who don’t use roll and don’t use hold to crouch on the keyboard as well. Now my question to the DEV's, Is it possible to have an option in the Xbox one warframe controller game setting, that is like an alternate controller settings setup like the controller settings setup for pc- that can in a way override the slide, crouch, and roll utility for Xbox one; or possibly a way to edit the hold to crouch and roll in the system design of the Xbox one controller settings setup? 

I just want to be clear, my concern is not sprint, I dont have a problem with sprint on xbox one. I dont have a problem with the pc controls either, I love them. I think the controls/ melee abilities for xbox one are limited to an extent. If i want to slide or do anything related to a slide like an air glide kick, I have to "HOLD" on the right bumper to do it, instead of just simply clicking the right bumper one time to do it. It makes it uncomfortable to  jump/slide or air glide kick/ copter melee and makes it impossible to slide and/or air spin melee attack or slide front flip and melee attack and/or mix it up---> on the xbox one; unlike the way you can easily do that on the pc. Roll and hold to crouch being permanently embedded into the controller commands system make it impossible for me, and i'm sure other players too,  to utilize the melee system on xbox one, the  way It  can be utilized on pc. Yeah sure, you can slide/ copter/melee but thats about it when it comes to quick maneuvers.  

Please get back to me, I circled in the pics below to try and help explain what I mean.

My PC controller setup

EpyDWj.jpg

VIWlTf.jpg

My Xbox One controller setup

mzJrHD.jpg

Edited by (XB1)Lartole

• 2 weeks later...

This times 1000. There is no option to have crouch toggle or not, nor is there an option to toggle for sprint. Extremely annoying. On PC I started using the X360 Controller and love it. Still getting used to the XONE. My few issues are less with the controller and more with the fact that I can't toggle crouch and that crouch, roll and slide are all shoe horned on one button. I normally use click left stick for crouch, and LB for sprint/roll. And then slide would be LB + CLS, with X for slide slash. But now it's all funky, and my performance is affected thus. So I agree with what OP posted, and I woulda made my own thread, but this guy lined it out pretty well, so I'll just reiterate what he wrote and bump it.

I completely agree with this, the controls need to be tweaked. Even if the only change made was the option to turn off the sprint toggle, it would drastically increase my agility and mobility in game, which in turn would increase my survivability. This is the only real issue I have with the Xbox version of the game at the moment, with roll being bound to sprint in the same way as PC only being possible icing on the cake in my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there is, it's in the controls section  towards the bottom, and with it set to either way i still have no problems coptering, maybe you should try moving your melee binds around. When I have my weapon out i have melee/fire weapon set to right trigger and block/aim weapon set to left trigger with channel/quick melee set to right joystick press and power set to right bumper.

• 4 weeks later...

Although this thread was created back in September, it still holds valuable suggestions and concerns. Update 14.8.1 introduced enhanced controller customization that was requested above; from which I hope has relatively solved those issues.

A small update for those XB1 Tenno asking for a toggle-able Sprint option: it's being tested! Although we don't have an ETA for when it will go live, the option is definitely in the works.

[DE]Megan, you have just made my day. The day we have ability to turn off sprint toggle is the day I start playing the Xbox One version in earnest, as it is the only thing keeping me from playing at this point. Might sound like a small, insignificant issue, but for a guy used to PC controller options my stamina management is next to non-existent with sprint being toggle only.

In short, thank you for listening. Not many game developers would, and seeing y'all do so is amazing. Thank you.

on my xbox one remote i have these setting

LT - aim/secondary fire

LB - slide

RT - primary fire

RB - melee

LAS - move/sprint

DPAD - switch powers

Y - switch weapons

X - reload/interact

A - Jump

B - N/A

RAS - Use power

My only problem is that with the new update interact and reload are the same button, i can mess up on survial pretty hard reloading cause itll activate life form pod, i just wish they can change this

Edited by (XB1)SnOrTnMoUnTaiNz