Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black List.

Previsionist

Hi All,

Just suggesting something that would be great to implement to improve gameplay and environment.

Recently, I have decided to have a go at getting Frost Warframe. So I have been farming Exta, Ceres.

However, yesterday (also today), a tool that goes by the name "Vanguardxsin" has been joining Exta farming squards.

He comes in, tells everybody this "special" spot.

Call players who doesnt follow him an "idiot" or w/e.

Uses a pistol.

Shoots once every 10 seconds and just sits there laughing at you.

When you ask him to help, he will call you "retard" etc etc.

Then, he will proceed to involve your mother into the ramble.

He is exactly the kind of people I don't enjoying gaming with.

He wastes other people's time and abuses people.

Not exactly the type of crap you need when you are playing an excellent game.

So my suggestion is:

1. a Black List. i.e. A list much like a friends list. But you will be unable (or warns you not) to join the game.

2. a Ban List. i.e. A list of players which games you host or are in cannot join (or even see the game).

OR. Host can call a vote to kick a player in the squad. (much like L4D).

I'm sure there must be fellow players out there who will much rather not seeing certain people in their games.

Prev.

Edited by Previsionist

Absolutely needs some sort of votekick and/or blacklist system. Fantastic idea, although I would hope the developers already have this on their list of things to do before launch, making this a sort of beta-ism.

I would rather have them not playing the game at all. If they bother you and you succeed in ignoring/blocking them, then they hunt for another player to pick on. The only thing you will see if you're allowed in game with them is that they're annoying/trolling/bullying other people, which would be frustrating.

An idea would be having a vote system with negative vote counts, if the negative votes reach X amount by X number of players (global in-game, not just a map), then the voted player is automatically temporary banned from the game (24 hours or so) with a warning for misconduct in their log-in screen and actions logged in their account. Any further bans would simply permanent ban players.

Although some may abuse this vote system by creating multiple accounts, this system should only work from rank 5 onwards (or whichever suitable rank the community prefers).

If the vote system is impossible, then we would need Admins (GM) who would be willing to investigate such players with so little time. I would rather screenshot or video them and report them for temporary ban (or permanent ban if persisting) in violation of Terms or such.

Some people just like to laugh at other people's pain, until it hits them too.

I can see that easily open to abuse i'm afraid. I would much rather they were reported somehow with a member of game staff investigating it and having a word with said player then banning them. Although it is F2P so they can just make another account.

It would also require resources that may not be available.

Matchmaking taking into account personal blacklists should be the most viable way to go. It does work well on WoW (where you get a good number of retardsthese days if you want to run dungeons or suffer through LFR).

Basically you will never be matched with players that are on your blacklist and players on your blacklist will not be allowed to join your game.

I support vote-to-kick, but only initiable by the host.

Then if the host is said 'Griefer', then he'll vote kick whoever ignores him and this would happen VVV

Vote-to-kick sucks because most of the time once it gets started everybody just votes yes without even knowing why.

So my suggestion is:

1. a Black List. i.e. A list much like a friends list. But you will be unable (or warns you not) to join the game.

2. a Ban List. i.e. A list of players which games you host or are in cannot join (or even see the game).

Best solution right here... if a player doesn't want to play with the players, this looks like the best way to avoid that player.

If the griefer uses it, then they'll end up failing horribly because they'll end up blocking everyone.

An idea would be having a vote system with negative vote counts, if the negative votes reach X amount by X number of players (global in-game, not just a map), then the voted player is automatically temporary banned from the game (24 hours or so) with a warning for misconduct in their log-in screen and actions logged in their account. Any further bans would simply permanent ban players.

Although some may abuse this vote system by creating multiple accounts, this system should only work from rank 5 onwards (or whichever suitable rank the community prefers).

If the vote system is impossible, then we would need Admins (GM) who would be willing to investigate such players with so little time. I would rather screenshot or video them and report them for temporary ban (or permanent ban if persisting) in violation of Terms or such.

It'll need a higher rank than 5... you can easily see someone grinding with 20 diff accounts and when they see something to torture, that person would just downvote with all the accounts he has which would initiate that suggestive ban. Rank 10 would be a better idea because it discourages trying to grind multiple accounts. However the Griefers would be torturing those in lower rank areas like Mercury and Venus where there is brand new players.

This pretty much becomes a problem on itself. The Blacklist and Avoidance list would be a better idea than a Ingame Downvote. But a simple Report system ingame would be slightly good... if someone abuses it, they'll be known and the DE staff that makes sure everything is going smoothly will know when a player is abusing the reports (They check the reported player, if that player is innocent... they make marks on who reported it. 9 false reports = System ignorance (9 lives joke :P)).

Edit: There are people who don't have a viable PC to record or have a working Screen shot key (I used to have a horrible computer that wouldn't work with either...), having that as a requirement would be a issue.

If a GM joins a game and that Griefer notices them, they'll act innocent until that GM leaves. Then continue.

Minecraft experience, Admin even vanishes and the guy waits until he sees him leave ([Player] disconnects).

Edited by Yanga