The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Is Impossible To Get.

Kipss

It's almost all RNG. This is correct, entirely so. However, there is this thing called probability. The more times you do something, the higher the chances go up, no? If I want to get oxium. I will go to levels to get oxium. If I want to get this or that, I'll go here or there. Everything in this game, with enough time, you can get it. Vauban is the same, HOWEVER. While it only takes me a couple of in game hours to get, say, the requirements for the Phage (excluding forma crafting time), Vauban takes a couple of months. I cannot do anything to influence the alerts, I have a higher probability of getting three Crimson Dervishes then the whole Vauban set in a dozen hours of playtime. Thats a problem.

Why are you telling me to pay for Vauban? I'm not going to spend a dime on him, because I disagree with that DE's doing with him. However, I will probably trade for plat. And hey, fancy that, I could probably trade enough plat to get him by farming Dervishes or something and selling them. He's, what, over 200 plat or something? That's not hard to get. And you know what? That's sad. It's sad that its easier to get him through trading the in game currency you had to pay for up until early in this year to get him easily. It makes the normal method of getting him worthless, right?

Its clear we are at an Impasse and are unlikely to agree in the slightest.

How you obtain Booben or if you do is entirely up too you.

The balls in your court and at the end of the day it has nothing to do with me.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Just refrain from trying to speak for the rest of us next time.

Its clear we are at an Impasse and are unlikely to agree in the slightest.

How you obtain Booben or if you do is entirely up too you.

The balls in your court and at the end of the day it has nothing to do with me.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Just refrain from trying to speak for the rest of us next time.

The point of the topic was never to convince people that my ideas were right, It was entirely to contact the devs and at least make them glance at the thread or think about my idea for a second, so there was really no need for us to argue in the first place.

What th..

Just to say, i live in Europe, i have a life and yet i have Vauban and i can build an other.

That say is it really unacceptable that Vauban is that rare ? I mean one thing is really rare and it's too hard ? Heeey ! Challenge ! Some month ? Just bad luck and miscalculate boy. You will not die to not have that frame y'know.

Plus, is it really that bad to help the team with some money ? Not at all, we talk about ONE FRAME that you have to buy and THAT'S ALL you can have the rest of the game for you. In Stalker name it's nothing ! 

Banshee was pratyically that rare too in the past, and it was fun y'know.

Edit: You know i  think it's harder to get rage than Mr.Ban just now.

Edited by SamishiI00

. Since I joined around a month ago...

Some things take longer than a month. It's about luck as someone said. If you wait it will come again. If you don't want to wait, then you will have to make a choice of wether to buy him or to get him at the off-times.

Some things take longer than a month. It's about luck as someone said. If you wait it will come again. If you don't want to wait, then you will have to make a choice of wether to buy him or to get him at the off-times.

It's true that some things take longer then a month, but I do not approve of some things possibly taking two months, and thats entirely based off a bots RNG. And thats not even counting that it might just not be possible to get certain parts while asleep, so then you may have to wait another two months for the cycle to continue (if thats how vauban alert drops work, at least)

Between the rare vauban alerts, between the terrible timing in timezones, how am I supposed to get him without messing up my sleeping schedule? Am I not 'allowed' to get him because I dont wish to be up at terrible times? I have a life and things to do, I can't afford to be waking up at midnight.

Everyone has a life. It is also the same for everyone else. So you live at some place that for you seems like an unfavoured one, at a later or earlier time the same place will/has been favoured.

Are the events alerts not "allowed" to be in a time which is not tailored to suit you?

Edited by Lactamid

It's true that some things take longer then a month, but I do not approve of some things possibly taking two months, and thats entirely based off a bots RNG. And thats not even counting that it might just not be possible to get certain parts while asleep, so then you may have to wait another two months for the cycle to continue (if thats how vauban alert drops work, at least)

Well, at a later state you and me may both have the benefit of such "hard to get-items" being tradable. That is about it.

The point of the topic was never to convince people that my ideas were right, It was entirely to contact the devs and at least make them glance at the thread or think about my idea for a second, so there was really no need for us to argue in the first place.

Really? From some of your "choice of word to use", I'd think you actually try to offend DE as much as you can if you did'nt tell me this.

i see Vauban alerts quite often, at least once per 1-2 weeks, he is not impossible to get, all that matters is how active you are in getting him. as i live in Europe i have seen the alerts at different times of the day where i could easily snatch it. get yourself an alert tracker

i see Vauban alerts quite often, at least once per 1-2 weeks, he is not impossible to get, all that matters is how active you are in getting him. as i live in Europe i have seen the alerts at different times of the day where i could easily snatch it. get yourself an alert tracker

It's got literally nothing to do with alert trackers, it has to do with tons of people in different timezones either A. working or B. asleep

It took me six months to finally get a Helmet alert and finish my Vauben. 3 months after this, I have enough parts to make another 3 full Vaubens... I believe "RNG is Random" fits well here...

Personally, I gave up trying to get Hydroid and wimped out of trying to get Nekros, plat all the way! :p

I am one of the few who got Vauban purely through Alerts but I agree. The day I got the last parts (systems) I woke up at 8am that day (GMT UK time). If I hadn't woken up I still wouldn't have Vauban. The alerts don't work well for Vauban don't work well for European countries. 

On another topic, someone suggested that DE makes Vauban a quest. Not only will that build lore, but it will make him a tad easier to obtain. Maybe the quest drops randomly from certain bosses? It could make it easier for those like me who are never awake for his alerts.