The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Saryn Molt Work Accordingly

carnaga

Saryn is my favourite frame even thought in game she is not welcomed for some challenging missions such as T4 Survivals, Defences, Interceptions and so on. Most of the time I feel people hate to have her on their party. Eg, Miasma is Nekros desecrate killer. I could tell you good points on behalf of Saryn, but this is wrong place to do so.

I have loved the changes you - Digital Extremes - have done to Saryn. Her Molt is now-days much cooler looking. But cause I play with her and a-lot, I have noticed that now-days her Molt skill doesn't work accordingly. The function of Molt is to attract enemies. My strategy is to put Molt between Saryn and the enemy cause I have noticed that enemies attack rather the closest target. This includes all fractions: Infested, Graineer, Corpus. Instead of attacking the Molt, some enemies are attracted to attack Saryn herself. If you disable the proper functionality of the Molt, you could as well remove the ability entirely from her.

This is only my humble opinion. To strengthen my opinion I have included this vid to describe what I mean:

http://youtu.be/TRgdQUkG7xY

Edited by carnaga

1 2 3 skills are useless, 4 have small range and eat alot of mana, you can use other warframe with same ulti damage and good range and other useful skills, thats why no one playing this forgotten frame.

What is this "mana" you speak of?

On topic, you'll get somebody complaining no matter which frame you play. So I wouldn't let that be an indication of requirement for change.

As for what you want to do with Molt, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at - but If you're suggesting you should shed your skin somewhere other than where you're standing, that requires some quantum physics I don't understand...

On topic, you'll get somebody complaining no matter which frame you play. So I wouldn't let that be an indication of requirement for change.

As for what you want to do with Molt, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at - but If you're suggesting you should shed your skin somewhere other than where you're standing, that requires some quantum physics I don't understand...

To put simple about the Molt and where I'm getting at:

Game says: "Shedding her skin like a snake, Saryn leaves a decoy behind to draw fire from enemies."

I say: Molt doesn't work properly according what game says.

To put simple about the Molt and where I'm getting at:

Game says: "Shedding her skin like a snake, Saryn leaves a decoy behind to draw fire from enemies."

I say: Molt doesn't work properly according what game says.

In what way? In my experience it distracts they enemy - it doesn't draw 100% of the fire, but that only makes sense.

I do like to compare it to Decoy though. Molt costs twice as much, doesn't last as long and doesn't distract as well. The shedding procs/status seems significantly more important, yet doesn't seem to be mentioned in game. So, yeah, the unmentioned secondary effect is better than the advertised main effect...

Edited by Similon

1 2 3 skills are useless, 4 have small range and eat alot of mana, you can use other warframe with same ulti damage and good range and other useful skills, thats why no one playing this forgotten frame.

So it's useless to be able to

1. have a high chance to proc viral on the bigger targets?

2. Remove procs and remove aggro from yourself and nearby allies/objectives with a static object?

3. Greatly boost your melee damage with the utility of adding toxic damage?

As for the fourth ability, if modded for positive duration, it'll keep the enemies stunned for the entire duration that they're taking damage, so it has potential utility..

She's a sleeper frame that requires the player to know the game more than most roflstomp frames, her power may not be in the absolute top, but she's got other options!

- As for my reply to the thread itself:

I think it's more about the ancient locking on to you prior to that new Molt being put down.

Molt has a higher threat level for sure, but in this case I think it's more about how the ancients act since their last update.

> The ancient attempts to charge at you, which cannot be diverted by other threat levels being added after he begins charging.

> Your molt proceeds to block his path with the ancient still being locked on.

> You are still visible to the ancient but it realizes is cannot reach you.

> Still locked on ancient uses it's grapple hook to attack it's intended target.

That hook works the same way to players that have been locked on and tries to climb up high to dodge the ancients, if they charge at you and you are still in their sight but out of their reach, they will hook.

Thus.. the ancents are smarter than the Stalker and a bunch of grineer Scorpions... a plant infested with a space parasite...

(Or is it that it's so dumb that it defaults into the smartest desicion out of instinct?)

Edited by Kamikiri

Molt is useless? ARE YOU FOR REAL.

ARE YOU REALLY SERIOUS!?

It can remove procs.

8 Stacks of poison? *molt*

Not a problem!

Bleeding? *Molt*

You ain't bleeding no more!

Trying to revive a team mate who is bleeding out? *Molt*

Oh you've got a little meatshield to stop you getting damaged.

I went a good 30 minutes Ceres Survival yesterday with a fellow trinity with my Saryn. Miasma didn't hold out until the end but guess what skill did.

That's right. Molt did.

Come back to me when you have 8 stacks of poison that molt is absolutely useless. I dare you.

Edited by Lilliannette

- As for my reply to the thread itself:

I think it's more about the ancient locking on to you prior to that new Molt being put down.

Molt has a higher threat level for sure, but in this case I think it's more about how the ancients act since their last update.

> The ancient attempts to charge at you, which cannot be diverted by other threat levels being added after he begins charging.

> Your molt proceeds to block his path with the ancient still being locked on.

> You are still visible to the ancient but it realizes is cannot reach you.

> Still locked on ancient uses it's grapple hook to attack it's intended target.

That hook works the same way to players that have been locked on and tries to climb up high to dodge the ancients, if they charge at you and you are still in their sight but out of their reach, they will hook.

Thus.. the ancents are smarter than the Stalker and a bunch of grineer Scorpions... a plant infested with a space parasite...

(Or is it that it's so dumb that it defaults into the smartest desicion out of instinct?)

In that case, Molt is not very useful against Ancients and their grapple hooks with DPS build of Saryn.

I would love to see the Molt working as the game says: "shredding her skin" - distracting the enemy immediately when Saryn leaves her skin behind. Just like with Scorpion Graineers that Molt works accordingly.

I haven't yet figured out how to fight close range against Ancient grapple hooks. Mby I should just build positive duration Saryn and put it to C slot.

Edited by carnaga

In that case, Molt is not very useful against Ancients and their grapple hooks with DPS build of Saryn.

I would love to see the Molt working as the game says: "shredding her skin" - distracting the enemy immediately when Saryn leaves her skin behind. Just like with Scorpion Graineers that Molt works accordingly.

I haven't yet figured out how to fight close range against Ancient grapple hooks. Mby I should just build positive duration Saryn and put it to C slot.

Well, the Ancients are a pain like that to anyone that doesn't have an ability that temporarily stuns them, like Nyx, Ember or Excalibur. (melee works too, but is not reccomended because of Toxic Ancients) Or powers that ragdolls them.

Loki has the same problem if he attempts to use Decoy instead of his invisibility.

As for Saryn, Misama works as a panic button to stop the Ancients, atop of the stun it provides even if the hook is shot at you, the temporary invincibility that you get when casting miasma will negate the hook, and that works on a negative duration Saryn just as well. And if they survive, they will most likely lock on to any active Molt when the Miasma timer runs out.

The reason it works on Scorpions is because they do not lock on to targets, at all. They go for whatever's the closest to them with reckless abandon.

Another way to make it work is to put down another molt right on top of yourself, because the molt has a larger hitbox than Saryn herself so the hook will automatically hit the molt instead. (But that doesn't stop cleaving attacks or explosions so don't do that with chargers or volatile runners nearby)

And go right ahead and try out a duration build on Saryn, IMO it's a really fun way to play her =)

Venom will then most likely become your main "Damage" ability, with the viral procs bringing those huge targets down a peg.

Molt will still be psuedo-spammable, Contagion will still suffer from major drawbacks and Miasma will serve as CC instead of a nuke.

IIRC Molt doesn't work like Decoy. Decoy, once placed creates aggro while Molt instead of creating its own aggro, it takes the aggro Saryn herself already has attracted and transfers it to Molt.

Basically Decoy creates aggro, Molt transfers Saryn's current aggro to itself. I'll need to test it more but the last few times if used it that's what I noticed. Also unless it has changed since june, increasing duration doesn't increase the stun duration (the stun will be 4 seconds regardless of Miasmas duration).

Edited by RexRgisIocus

If you want Molt to spawn between you and enemies then move away from them as you cast it. Also, Miasma is the best radial nuke in the game and Venom cuts enemy hp in half.  

Venom does not cut HP in half, the viral proc does. However, the viral status chance is very low per tick of Venom, as can be seen within several videos in this post.

Viral can inflict status appreciably if using Continuity, Constitution, and Narrow Minded at least rank 6, but it definitely won't inflict status on every enemy in the crowd. That's not even considering how hard many players--

-- find venom to spread.

All statuses are currently depreciated within abilities now that all four element/status mods are available, which allows players to boost status chance by a massive amount, or at least use only one combination element (viral, corrosive, blast, radiation) only. A few weapons can even deal radiation+corrosive or corrosive+viral damage at the same time, and one of them are capable of 100% chance of status of one element, and a chance to proc both simultaneously, with decent fire rate and punchthrough.

Contagion is simply unappealing.

The new Molt buff is helpful, but it could do a bit more, perhaps interact with the currently flawed venom.

And Miasma is only nice when modded a certain way, but you definitely won't use Venom or Contagion using this scheme. At which point, I find Oberon more flexible using the same build. He can damage, crowd control, and heal himself and allies. The Oberon buff is very fun and balanced, it's simply time for older warframes to catch up.

Edited by MechaKnight

Don't really have this problem. Molt works fine for me.

Honestly the only ability of here that is arguably "useless" (not useless for me,  just not rewarding) is contagion.

Venom has always reliably stacked viral procs for me and has really good scaling. My only beef with venom is that it should be easier to pop spores and not be so reliant on weapon. Molt is invaluable and miasma is decent.

TL;DR Sayrn is not in need of a rework and more just tweaks here and there. She does her job pretty effectively as she is.

She's not perfect but any one that knows how to play her effectively can be invaluable to a team in the long run.

Edited by StinkyPygmy