The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Buff Idea Thread.

bigbirtha

Everyone how has played Saryn knows that her abilities are lackluster, argue this as you may, we know they are they are. so i was just thinking of ways to improve this venomous beauty.

These are simple ideas and i implore you to post your ideas in the comment section too.

:Abilities:

1. Change it into a toxic lob like the torid creating a gas cloud and when it explodes it knocks down enemies and creates a gas cloud that stuns enemies that walk into it and procs a moderate gas damage proc.

(10-8 second duration, Lobed object does 100 impact on hit , 100 damage per tick proc max rank proc 3 times, increased with duration, damage and range)

2. Change the toxic weapon into an actual weapon, Saryn creates spores on the ground that when in close proximity of an enemy shoots out armor piercing needles pining the victim to the ground or near by object.

(5 spores, 3 needles per shot max rank, 50 puncture per needle, pinned for 5 seconds, increased by damage and duration)

3. Change her molt into an infected plant bulb that has 3 vines sticking out, each vine whips any enemy that gets close cutting them open and making them bleed, can be placed on walls.

( 150 slash damage 100% bleed proc, duration of 15 seconds, max of 3 plants, Increased with duration and damage.)

4. Keep the miasma but make it so enemies killed by it leave an ooze pool when killed that does 25 viral damage and procs viral when stepped in, And increase the rang of the cast by a little.

So please community of warframe, post your ideas below.    

Touch venom and I'd be really upset.

Her abilities are fine for the most part. Not saying a buff or a tweak is in order but a total rework is not the solution.

The only ability of hers that is arguably not ideal is contagion.

Venom can wreck just about everything, especially high lvl grineer and and corrupted gunners with stacking viral procs and it softens large groups of enemies with ease.

Molt is invaluable for creating distractions when you are in trouble and great for a melee only runs.

Miasma is also pretty decent, but I like the change you suggested. It would be a nice touch.

I definitely wouldn't remove molt and turn it into other damage ability that will likely falloff in the long run.

A total rework like this is not needed nor warranted IMO.

-Venom: Make spores easier to pop and not so reliant on specific weapons.

Thats the only real change I would make.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Venom's deadly as is, just bring phage and all the spores pop almost instantly. Molt's ok, but a slight buff to hp would help, not totally indestructible though, I'd like to keep that bonus damage from enemies killing it, and maybe a knockdown proc. contagion is just totally overpriced, 75 base to cast on your own melee and no one else is stretching it a bit. Miasma's near perfect as is, but a CHANCE to proc would be nice, not a flat out proc per tic, that would just be too op.

edit:woops, contagion's 50, my b

Edited by Photon95