The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Massive Fps Drop While Hosting

7rance

First of all PC stats:

I7 930 @ 2.9 Ghz(not OC)

Geforce 660 Ti

Win 7 64

I can play completely lagfree with maxed Graphic settings while someone else hosts the game, but when i host it, especially Defense and Mobile Defense Missions (Xini, Kappa, Kiste) my FPS drops from 45+ to 15-20.

On "normal" missions the FPS drop is not as bad and i can play lagfree, but still with less FPS than non-hosting.

Graphic Settings Low/High, DX 9/11, 64Bit on/off did nothing for me.

It is running a tiny bit smoother in DX9 with all graphic settings at minimum but it is almost no difference, other than the Game looking like 1999.

My Pc might not be high end anymore but in other games where i host the Multiplayer (some CoD titles for example that dont have dedicated servers) don't have such a huge, noticeable FPS drop.

no but apperently more than 1.5 GB of graphics memory when hosting 4 player defense missions on high wave counts. If you only look at GPU power even the GTX 580 SLI was pretty much overkill

Edited by Schalimah

I had the same issue and i had the suspicion that it was related to graphic memory, which was the bottleneck in my system. I upgraded from GTX580 SLI (1.5 GB) to GTX Titan (6 GB) and I don't have this issue anymore.

This could be a possibility, though I don't see how. I am running with a Radeon HD4870 (with 512Mb of memory). But I don't see why would GFX memory issues only slow down during hosting a game, and not when participating in it?

Same problem here 

------------------

System Information

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 960T Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
4096MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 

fps drop starts only with 4 players if we are only 3 its ok
Edited by antimab