Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash And Melee Only - An Adjustment To His Teleport

Faulcun

First of all...... buff bladestorm! ash is useless without it! Needs more power damage and 20 energy consumption!

Hahahaha! no im just kidding...... dont get so excited.

So I run a melee only build on my ash. His abilities compliment this style of gameplay very well. I do not use blade storm at all on this build. I like to manually do it by using his teleport ability. Its very fast and effective. Love every bit of it!

The idea behind it is using his teleport ability to maintain your combo damage bonus when moving from enemy to enemy at long distances. I find though that sometimes during some animations, they take just long enough to reset the counter, thus losing your damage bonus.

I propose that on contact from teleport, it serves as a melee attack, or utilizes a melee attack on immediate landing. It seems to already stop the enemy, it only makes sense that some kind of hit is occuring. now, im not talking about adding damage to it or anything, just simply adding one hit counter to your combo multiplier so that if a finisher animation is started, you dont lose your multiplier.

Considering teleport is a CHEAP skill and stun-stealth kills deal TONS of damage, making Teleport be an automatic Stealth Kill finisher would be way too OP, and I'm saying this and I main Ash. Don't make him too strong. Teleport needs timing to catch them for the Stealth Kill, and besides, you have to sacrifice something besides the super cheap energy teleport wastes, so why not the counter?

This sounds, at least to me, like a bandaid for a system that needs work. Instead of fixing Teleport to try and get more use out of the melee counter, just fix the melee counter in the first place.

Some time ago, a forum member posted the idea to change the melee counter from it's current system [after a set amount of time without attacks having landed, wipe the counter and reset to 0] to a system that causes the counter to decay [shorter amount of time between intervals than the current wipe, but instead just remove numbers off the counter]. That way, we don't have the problem of losing your momentum, for Ash or any other frame.

Part of the problem melee has is that you have to physically get to the enemies to attack them, during which your counter is reset, and god forbid you're using a heavy weapon, and lose your counter mid-swing.

I agree that Ash's Teleport needs [yet another] look. Instead of the hiccup in fluid motion, DE needs to find a way to smoothly transition straight out of teleport and into a melee attack. The finisher thing is cool, for sure, but I don't want to spend my time killing one enemy at a time, especially on maps where the team is being swarmed.

Considering teleport is a CHEAP skill and stun-stealth kills deal TONS of damage, making Teleport be an automatic Stealth Kill finisher would be way too OP, and I'm saying this and I main Ash. Don't make him too strong. Teleport needs timing to catch them for the Stealth Kill, and besides, you have to sacrifice something besides the super cheap energy teleport wastes, so why not the counter?

I dont think you read it properly..

Uh yeah I dont think i suggested that at all. Please reread the op.

Im simply suggesting that teleport add one hit to the counter so that we dont lose our multipier from an animation hickup, or finisher animation.