Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Akwara (Close Quarters Impact/possibly Puncture Melee Weapon)

nubnubbud

Introducing the Akwara,

f448b2c927.png

an extremely close combat weapon stemming from the Yawara, it is most often used to strike pressure points and control the enemy

as a weapon in this game, it would possess a high crit chance, and extremely fast, concentrated attacks, but shorter range than even the fist weapons, seeing as you need to keep your arms in close to aim. They boast innate stagger, from expertly placed strikes, but only one enemy may be attacked at once. this is a highly specialized weapon, but in the right situations can be devastating.

The energy pads on the ends help give extra force to attacks, as well as emit small counter-shields of their own. a corpus nightmare. (not actually stat affecting)

it would be mainly impact, or, if another skin is used, deal mostly puncture, at the cost of its innate stagger, or possibly some of its damage.

(in reference to http://puu.sh/brPtP/892320060e.jpg )

Looks pretty much like a Shake Weight

yeah, I know, but it's plenty smaller, and it's a surprisingly common self-defense weapon. I didn't make it up, or anything. except for the inertial technology, these already exist. they come with flared, blunt, and sharpened ends, which is why I suggested a skin to flip their impact to puncture damage. The sharpened design is called a kubotan, but the techniques are very similar, and still strike pressure points. I envisioned them to be good for wearing down shields, and cracking weak points in armor.

250px-Yawara.jpg------->d53e564bf20et.jpg

Edited by nubnubbud

Needs very fast multi hits combos like kung fu moves :3

I'm not a fist weapons fan but I kinda like your idea. I didn't know this weapon type before, so thanks for the knowledge.

The single targetting has to be compensated by a very high rate imho.

yeah, and the fact that it's a pressure point weapon makes it high crit, meaning it can be crafted into a mid/late game weapon well. the other skin would be to add feasibility to an anti-grineer build. Basically, function-wise it's a mix between a soma and fist weapon, but it would need to use a different stance than fists.

luckily, I have another, or possibly two weapon concepts in the works that would use the same stance, but with some range. My DnD and martial arts history has introduced me to some amazingly exotic weapons. I'm not telling, 'cause I'ma be the first to post them. Let's just say some are cool things that have been given modern, makeshift names 'cause not many people know about their history and even function ^^.

scythes, for example, made pretty terrible weapons. their most advanced weaponized form actually functioned like a polearm with an only slightly scooped blade.

small and lethal, but i think melee still a little revision to pull this size of weapon, i mean all small weapons, fist and dagger types, something like having heavy weapons excel at cc and charge attacks, single handed for versatility and small weapons with bonuses on finishers and stealth finishers to remark those hits on vital points  as you mentioned. stance wise, it is working a little against as it is not really a "punching" weapon, would it have a force field effect like obex?

small and lethal, but i think melee still a little revision to pull this size of weapon, i mean all small weapons, fist and dagger types, something like having heavy weapons excel at cc and charge attacks, single handed for versatility and small weapons with bonuses on finishers and stealth finishers to remark those hits on vital points  as you mentioned. stance wise, it is working a little against as it is not really a "punching" weapon, would it have a force field effect like obex?

probably the visual effect, but no damage range. these are practically 0 range XD, or at most the range of your arms. their finishers would be devastating. like one on each side of the head to make it explode. the point is, this weapon puts you right next to your enemy, and relies on constant stagger to stop him from hitting you back.

the stance can be used for weapons that require you to hold an object's handle(regardless of it's shape) out at 90 degrees to your arm...the tonfa stance might work, bit it's a bit mobile and way too spinny for this weapon, and only relies on jabs and strikes with the pinky side of the hand.

Edited by nubnubbud