Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hallowed Ground - Encroaching Aoe

Varzy

A common point people make about Hallowed Ground is that the AoE is too narrow to be very effective at catching the enemy.

Another observation I've made is that stacking the Hallowed Ground doesn't yield much return on the energy investment.

Here's a thought - what if stacking one Hallowed Ground on top of another increased the AoE of both, say by 50%?

Since a double-cast is the same cost as Reckoning, I believe it'd be fair to have the skill extend to a comparable area, letting you more easily use the skill to blanket an area and give allies a wide platform for protection and catch as many foes in the damaging aura as possible.

Trust me on this one, Proc immunity is good enough. 

^

I never use Hallowed Ground offensively, though it would be interesting to have it that way... The proc Immunity makes the skill worth-while imo, however I do agree with the OP, it needs to be larger.  Maybe spawn it centered on Oberon and increase the length by half and match the width to the length and I'd have no complaints.

I love how the only people posting on this thread have the oryx oberon helmet avatar. Anyway, I think that the AOE is good enough, but I would not object to it extending backwards so you don't need to move forward to get the benefits of it. 

I love how the only people posting on this thread have the oryx oberon helmet avatar. Anyway, I think that the AOE is good enough, but I would not object to it extending backwards so you don't need to move forward to get the benefits of it. 

I didn't notice that! Heh, we're all very invested in Oberon.

The logic behind my suggestion is that 2 casts of the skill is the same energy cost as Reckoning, and I think it's got potential to be an interesting "psudo-ultimate" in that regard, becoming more powerful the more energy is invested into it.