Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cpu Problems Since Installing New Gpu

Eclipsy

Hello, I have been having cpu problems within the new updates of Warframe, I have an i-5 4670k and my cpu has been rising over 70-80% within the past couple times I play, and it never has gone over 40% at all. I have tried unparking all my cpus (only shows 3 on there when I have 4 cores) and now it is always over 80% and all my cores are working. This also only happens on Warframe and nothing else.

I also just bought and installed a Geforce 770 gtx but I don't know if that would be a problem with it.

I also have multi-thread rendering on as well.

Edited by Eclipsy

i have four amd a8-4500 with radoen hd graphics and i run at about 40% to 60% with warframe and i have music and facebook and warframe forum and anime open that i alt tab to regularly, and my warframe is on medum settings with parts on high

Edited by Grim117666

I have tried unparking all my cpus (only shows 3 on there when I have 4 cores)

????

Go to msconfig>Boot Tab>Click on Advanced options...

Make sure that the number of Processors is un-ticked.

If it was, then maybe tick it and make it boot with the maximum amount of cores in that list.

Restart and try again.

If no luck then update to the latest BIOS.

Sometimes black ops 2 but other than that, no not really.

How about games like watch dogs,crysis 3,battlefield 4,dead rising 3? Is your CPU still below 40% when playing those games? Because from what i knew,when playing games like that,usually CPU load goes up beyond 50%,especially for games that's optimized for multiprocessor. Warframe is one of those games from what I knew. 

First of all get the latest drivers, USUALLY they fix them. 770 is not new so you might need to trade the stock driver for an updated one, if you haven't already.

I also recommend to check back every now and then. It took my older system a week before it tweaked the registry to work great with a newer graphics card. YEAH, PC is an organism when it comes to optimization, it optimizes itself to the new hardware.

De-dust as needed.

Now run the tests.

Also what was the previous GPU?

How about games like watch dogs,crysis 3,battlefield 4,dead rising 3? Is your CPU still below 40% when playing those games? Because from what i knew,when playing games like that,usually CPU load goes up beyond 50%,especially for games that's optimized for multiprocessor. Warframe is one of those games from what I knew. 

Do not use Dead Rising 3 for comparison, horrible optimization, it eats Titans for breakfast.

Edited by DarkBabylon