Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi-Randomized Base Stats For Kubrows

DptBear

I was thinking it would be cool if Kubrows have semi-randomized base stats, which you can influence through genetic tools and breeding to improve -- this would let you go through generations of kubrows trying to get better and better ones (obviously susceptible to diminishing returns to keep from power creep).

This would add a cool aspect to trading genetic imprints from superior kubrows, as well as a long term goals of producing the most superior kubrows.

Is this something that has come up before? I literally just got my first kubrow so I don't know how much attention has been given to them.

Well people already hate the random factor so much that they complain.

You'd better be prepared for the rage.

DE would implement it because it would be an incredible money sink and breeders like me would make a fortune off the randomization since we've already customized our sentinels to be viable versus level 50+ mobs :D

Obviously, post-gestation modifications could not be allowed to influence a Kubrow's genetic value.

- A tool to increase a given genome's worth or a catalysator to increase value transmission from parent to child would have to be rather difficult (including for high-level players) to acquire. (But then, how to elude a situation where these items were only viable for high-level players?)

IMO, this would make things really stressful. I used to play a lot of Pokemon and I would save in front of a legendary, catch it, check it's stats, turn off the game, then repeat sooo many times to get a "good" one. That was annoying and I was able to go through multiple tries in a minute. Imagine doing that only once every four days or even two days if they let you see the stats right after it hatched....

My reaction if this happened:

VYRQvjl.gif

Okay -- what if the random kubrow choice always has the base stats, but when you breed them you start to get rolls? Mutations to the base stats that fall under a "dominant" or "recessive" moniker. Genetic manipulators to dominant-ize stats at the cost of maybe recessive-izing other stats.

I don't know I didn't think this 100% through, it was just the seed of an idea.

As for why not do this to frames -- maybe they should for if you cook the same frame a second time. Currently once you get a frame to 30 all you can do is forma it sell it or sit on it. What if you could craft a new one with some randomized stats to go with it? -- just another idea.