The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extermination Stealth Suggestion

Adaptor-Face

i have been thinking about stealth lately, and i have a suggestion to a change in the extermination mission to reward stealth play.

Reduce the number of enemies the spawn BEFORE the alarm is raised. When/if the alarm is raised the players have a small time frame to deactivate the alarm (limit on how many times? 1? 2?) before the grineer/corpus call for reinforcements. This takes a little while to deploy, so if the mission is finished before the timer has reached zero nothing happens, BUT if the timer reaches zero before the tenno extract, more enemies are required to be killed to finish the mission. 

This should made so that stealth a little faster since it requires a tiny bit of skill to do.

This change should apply were it makes sense for it to be applied

Thoughts?

Edited by Adaptor-Face

It's just not logic.... If you remove the fact it's a game and enemy spawn in little closet randomly, the amount of enemy in a corpus ship is ALWAYS the same, alerm or not (unless the MOA in the weird box spawner).

It's not like because of the alarm the corpus will start building ton of MOA / grineer will clone mass of themselves.

But we can also say this game is broken regarding the logic of some missions so... why not.

This game isn't well made enough for being played "sneakily".

This is not a stealth game, will never be a stealth game, not because you can't "stealth" but because you cant "stealth" any BETTER then going Loki INVISIBLE.

What people keep asking for is "sneaking around on your knees pretending to be ninja with a Rhino". This is like asking to sneak around in the middle ages in full plate armor, to which someone will say "you need to wear leather" which is the same as "play Loki". One single metal detector on the main door into the ship and you frakked.

This constant topic rehash is insane. We even have Sentinels that can make us invisible, but no, we need mechanics that actually allow us to walk on our kneecaps in full line of sight of mobs with high tech gear on them, and cameras that can detect movement 200 meters away, but we need to gimp those to make stealth "fun".

Just because you think that four perma-invisible Lokis wiping a map clean at full running speed without ever being spotted is "boring", does not make it non-stealthy.

You want "fake" stealth. It's not happening.

This is not a stealth game, will never be a stealth game, not because you can't "stealth" but because you cant "stealth" any BETTER then going Loki INVISIBLE.

What people keep asking for is "sneaking around on your knees pretending to be ninja with a Rhino". This is like asking to sneak around in the middle ages in full plate armor, to which someone will say "you need to wear leather" which is the same as "play Loki". One single metal detector on the main door into the ship and you frakked.

This constant topic rehash is insane. We even have Sentinels that can make us invisible, but no, we need mechanics that actually allow us to walk on our kneecaps in full line of sight of mobs with high tech gear on them, and cameras that can detect movement 200 meters away, but we need to gimp those to make stealth "fun".

Just because you think that four perma-invisible Lokis wiping a map clean at full running speed without ever being spotted is "boring", does not make it non-stealthy.

You want "fake" stealth. It's not happening.

you dont have to be on your kneecaps do "stealth", you just need to be quick, and you missed that point in the OP. This is more a change to REWARD stealth OR swiftness. Stealth is not kill everyone without being seen, it is more to kill everyone without the alarm being raised, or atleast that is the way i would like the stealth in this game should go, and it has with rescue 2.0.

Did you know you can "stealth" orokin void exterminates? just be quick enough and the next room is unalerted to your presence

EDIT: after re-reading your post a couple of times, i feel that you read the word stealth in the title and then went complete apes**t on my thread, did you even read the OP? I never stated anything about four permainvis loki beeing boring, actualy it is fun to see how fast we can finish a mission like that. 

Edited by Adaptor-Face

First i do not agree with your idea because of the logic... as i said when lotus send you to exterminate everybody on a ship, the amount of target can't change.

Second, if this existed, as DSpite said everybody would just play extermination with a full loki team just to do it faster because the enemies would be less numerous.

Imagine a nightmare extermination like that... people would just make a full loki team with power duration and rush them 10 times in 5 min and get ton of mod.

Same for derelict or void.