Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running To The Teacher, Isn't Going To Help You...

Semshol

I'm seriously curious on a few things.

1)What benefit does this serve the clan/alliance to take any amount 75% of credits earned from dark sectors?

2)Does the money earned actually go into a player's credit pool or does it stay in the vault? (after a conflict or squad completes a mission)

3)Is it possible for a clan member to attack his own solar rail? If so why is that allowed? If not can they quit their clan and attack their own rail?

4)Do you think we should go back to the original Dark Sector missions where you had to fight an AI version of players with their builds?

1) the huge battlepay they hand out. I have made over 2 million credits in a little over 1 hour during 1 conflict once.

2) the credit from the taxes goes straight into the alliance vault. The battlepay from the vault goes straight to the players pool

3) alliance member can't attack their own rail. I believe they can't even run the rail when they deploy a rail against the sector. Once they quit the clan a member can do whatever they want. There is no rule on who you can and be can't be friends with.

4) yes I do. I am tired of getting no opponents, can't play or rage quitters. Having the attacking side hosts the games is a terrible idea.

I'm not a part of ICE or any of the affiliated alliances monopolising the dark sectors, but I can say for sure that this hate against them is fairly unwarranted. You want XP? Go to dark sectors. There is a ZERO percent tax on the xp boosters on the rails. Want credits? Go do void missions. All these people saying that ICE and co. will go to hell, deserve to die, etc. are even worse. Getting this emotional over a damn video game? You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. 

you use 4chan,got it.

but seriously clans can put whatever tax they want,don't like it take it from them.

i think it makes the game more interesting when no one is held too anyones "moral" tax rules,without these clans sechura will always be on low too zero tax and no one would make threads like this,no one would try and "take back"sechura,it would just be a place too farm nothing more,which is boring.

so more power too the ones that have it,for lower or higher rates.

I've been one of those people who has stopped doing DS since the PVP update, but not because of the taxes, but because I was having fun playing around in the Voids. To be honest, I never really did any DS other than the ones that dropped Orokin Reactors, Sensor Modules, or Neurodes. I honestly don't care about the credits because I can get them somewhere else doing different things, and I still stand by the "You can tax whatever you want for credits, don't touch my resources" motto I said before when taxes were all over the place.

I also believe that just because someone is affiliated with Ice, or whatever, doesn't mean that they're a terrible person and want to see Warframe crash and burn.

Well the resources tax is a pain in the butt, but even those of us IN the alliance are affected.

All we can do is cope =P

Goodness gracious OP! You don't have to do and [/ color] for EVERY single line!

just do this.

[ color=green ]

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

stuff

[ /color ]

It was 2am, I was extremely tired and my brain did not exactly think in a linear manner :D

You shouldnt have made this thread when your Alliance puts Outrageous 75% tax everywhere, people will tend to complain regardless. And you know that.

I'm just a peon in my alliance, it affects me too y'know, but I found a way to cope and I'm sharing that.

Let people complain, but I'm going to offer them a solution.

The part I agree with is the whole "Don't like it?  Form your own clan/alliance and push them off with 0% tax if you want it that bad."

I've long been sick of players complaining up and down about taxes, expecting other people to fix their problems for them.

The system was designed by DE so that if you don't like the way a clan/alliance is running things, that you can push them off.

... too bad it turned PvP and now who wins is based on cheap tactics opposed to public support, which is why things got so bad.

I wonder what the next iteration of dark sectors will be like.

Well right now, DE needs to fix the rail-blocking. This I don't know if its true, but if it is must be fixed.

Next, PvP isn't won based on cheap-tactics. Having played both attacking and defending side, I can tell you, its easy to PvP IF you know how. This is where asymmetry of information and understanding how to build your warframe according to priorities, will be most important.

I picked all that up on my first day in PvP, but a lot of people still don't get it I think. I can't reveal how to build your warframe (since that's my own private material), but there's a way to do it so you're basically leveling faster and harder than everyone else.

I was laughed at also, when i mentioned that Void is better than Sechura for credits farming.

I feel you...I mentioned it on forums and got trolled for it.

-snip-

I'm actually giving advice because, DE can't fix this.

They cannot restrict the big alliances and clans because they put the mechanics in there in the first place.

It would be taking away their rights, hard-work and effort for the benefit of the whiners who can't see a solution or who are too lazy to do other stuff.

So that's why I feel that asking DE to 'nerf taxes' is like running to the teacher, it won't help.

-snip-

Actually we're using snipers. Or DMRs, we also make effective use of cover, just like the NPCs do in PvP. The cheapest ones are those that use their lag, but the system isn't 100% bad, you can win as both attackers and defenders and I've played both sides.

Won't deny it could be improved, but yeah :)

Fact is that it behaves effectively as a Cartel, and it is killing the fun of the only sectors running PvP.

And PvP is where the late-game and high-level player base is retained. 

So, it is hurting the game. Doesn't matter if it is malice or selfishnessness/greedyness of the clans dominating it.

DE is who sets the rules, and if the game has rules being abused, it has shown it is not afraid to swing the nerfhammer to bring more balance to things. 

To have Conflicts and plain DS missions more accessible/competitive/fun to the whole player base, it needs adjustments.

I agree 210%. I am against rail-blocking, if it does exist, I wouldn't know, I'm a peon.

I WANT DE to change rail-blocking and give attackers a fair go.

I DON'T want DE to nerf taxes, because that's a band-aid, it's not the real solution.

What we need is CONSTANT combat. The chance for big alliances to get taken down in revolution.

We need World War TENNO and not jsut World War Tenno One, we need World War Tenno FIVE. A war so great it skips the other four and jumps straight to five.

I'm seriously curious on a few things.

1)What benefit does this serve the clan/alliance to take any amount 75% of credits earned from dark sectors?

2)Does the money earned actually go into a player's credit pool or does it stay in the vault? (after a conflict or squad completes a mission)

3)Is it possible for a clan member to attack his own solar rail? If so why is that allowed? If not can they quit their clan and attack their own rail?

4)Do you think we should go back to the original Dark Sector missions where you had to fight an AI version of players with their builds?

1) No idea, I'm a minion, I see none of that, I think it goes into Vault.

2) I've never earned a cent, not even from battlepay. <--- gonna clarify this little point right here. I do fight for battle-pay but I never get it because of the flaws in the system.  Gonna state it because of what I said later on about going for battle-pay. Everyone in the community goes for it, doesn't mean you actually earn it. Furthermore, this statement refers to the taxes earned. It doesn't go to the players in the alliance, the alliance keeps it.

3) I don't think we can attack their own and they can probs quit and ttack their own.

4) Nah, PvP is way more interesting, it is fun. There are bugs, but it is fun :D

Hmm, while I don't overall agree with your delivery of the information and you being part of ICE makes me suspicious as to if you have a bias. You do raise a good point, there are other options aside from the Dark Sectors in order to farm, well done.

I'm just trying to show there are other ways to get things done. Players who never USED the dark sectors have used these methods for ages.

Being in ICE doesn't make us all evil.

Idon't care about credit farming.I always have boosters.but you and your clan/alliance are giving the finger to the whole community.as for you...hope there is a special ring in hell for trolls.

Leaders decide, minions like me have no say.

But at the same time, we're not going to rise up on the behalf of the community because they were too lazy to do it themselves.

If you feel you're getting the finger, bite back, too lazy to fight? Then just sit back down and play your warframe.

I'm not a part of ICE or any of the affiliated alliances monopolising the dark sectors, but I can say for sure that this hate against them is fairly unwarranted. You want XP? Go to dark sectors. There is a ZERO percent tax on the xp boosters on the rails. Want credits? Go do void missions. All these people saying that ICE and co. will go to hell, deserve to die, etc. are even worse. Getting this emotional over a damn video game? You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. 

Well thankfully most people don't care what they say. The ones crying are usually the kids who are still in school.

Those of us working full-time jobs (i.e. me) don't really give a crap lol. I understand the game for what it is and am proposing the solution, it will be their choice to follow or not.

you use 4chan,got it.

but seriously clans can put whatever tax they want,don't like it take it from them.

i think it makes the game more interesting when no one is held too anyones "moral" tax rules,without these clans sechura will always be on low too zero tax and no one would make threads like this,no one would try and "take back"sechura,it would just be a place too farm nothing more,which is boring.

so more power too the ones that have it,for lower or higher rates.

Problem is rail-blocking, so the 'good guys' i.e. the community, can't attack the big alliances. If that is a problem, I want it solved. But yeah, you're right, nerfing taxes or having moral rules won't work and its fine to not have it work :)

Thank you for this Semshol-Senpai, hopefully players will become more aware and use this to boycott over-taxed rails in the future.

No problem :D I am happy to help!

Edited by Semshol

What's the point of taxing so high though???? My clan has over 12 mill in the vault and no one ever contributed, it's all from Trade Taxing. Nothing and i mean NOTHING requires so many damn credits you need to tax people that high. And you're probably assuming "oh well your dojo must be boring and bland", well i'll gladly screenshot every room to prove otherwise.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

@OP:

1. What is your overall opinion of taxing in dark sectors?

2. Are there any changes you would make to the current system?

1. The taxing is @(*()$ STUPID. But all the people inside the alliance have everything they need so they will never need the Dark Sectors. If I had to say, its really way too high. 25% credits and 0% resource tax, no one would complain, but right now, it hurts.

2. I want to change rail-blocking, if its real, so we can have more PROPER conflicts and it'll be fun for us to actually fight for once. That's my take on it. The community should be able to take back the nodes and a good fight between the forces of good and evil should take place. THAT will make conflicts fun.

What's the point of taxing so high though???? My clan has over 12 mill in the vault and no one ever contributed, it's all from Trade Taxing. Nothing and i mean NOTHING requires so many damn credits you need to tax people that high. And you're probably assuming "oh well your dojo must be boring and bland", well i'll gladly screenshot every room to prove otherwise.

Don't ask me, I'm not the alliance leader, I'm just a minion. I don't know what they use it for?

But the leaders decide and that won't change. Only community action will change it, if people aren't too lazy.

Don't play DS, they have no income, what then?
Edited by Semshol

Do you think the taxation system should be removed?

If it were up to me, I'd say yes. Let the DS's just be trophies, but clans were using the tax-system since way back when. No one complained until it affected their favourite Sechura.

So the community is basically raging because now they are affected when before they didn't care how the newbies suffered.

I say they're getting their just deserts.

Now the tax system CAN'T be removed, but DE can make PvP fairer.

Would you be willing to back an inverse to the current system?

Eg. I make 1,000 credits. The clan gets 25% of he total earnings of all players, but not in a tax way.

I'd keep my 1,000, and they would get 250 credits.

Do you think this would keep the "want" to fight over DSs whilst also giving a breather to the less powerful majority?

12 million is nothing. to get people to fight for you, battle pay needs to be atleast 30k for even people to think about it. I only join a conflict when battle pay is atleast 50k. That 12 million will only last you about 300-400 tickets.

Would you be willing to back an inverse to the current system?

Eg. I make 1,000 credits. The clan gets 25% of he total earnings of all players, but not in a tax way.

I'd keep my 1,000, and they would get 250 credits.

Do you think this would keep the "want" to fight over DSs whilst also giving a breather to the less powerful majority?

That would be good, but then every alliance would just set 100% x'D

No point in setting lower haha.

12 million is nothing. to get people to fight for you, battle pay needs to be atleast 30k for even people to think about it. I only join a conflict when battle pay is atleast 50k. That 12 million will only last you about 300-400 tickets.

Lol see this is why the community can never win.

No mention of apollodorus or xini? Back in my day these places were the bee's knees. *waves cane about*

The last part about creating an alliance and fighting back is going to be interesting because so far I see LOTE, ICE and V all play for each other. Might as well forget about battle pay as those three aliances conduct fake battles to protect each of their rails. Doesn't look like Synergy and Orion are apart of that alliance they might put up some battle pay.

Oh well might as well sit back in my rocking chair watch the flame war and play my reliable places for xp and resources.

No mention of apollodorus or xini? Back in my day these places were the bee's knees. *waves cane about*

The last part about creating an alliance and fighting back is going to be interesting because so far I see LOTE, ICE and V all play for each other. Might as well forget about battle pay as those three aliances conduct fake battles to protect each of their rails. Doesn't look like Synergy and Orion are apart of that alliance they might put up some battle pay.

Oh well might as well sit back in my rocking chair watch the flame war and play my reliable places for xp and resources.

Apollodorus? That's good for only morphics, but yeah I guess x'D

I used it a lot when I was MR4 ish.

Lol see this is why the community can never win.

I don't rely solely on dark sectors for credits, I do dark sectors for exp and certain resources. If an alliance wants to put 75% tax on a node, I don't care and would definitly won't come crying to the forums raging about the big bad people stealing everything.

the only reason the community will never win is, they want all the benefits of a rail but won't lift a finger to help keep/fight for it.

I said nothing about me building a rail, but it's good to see that you are well on the train of helping the current problem at hand.

EDIT: Just in case you thought you weren't falling for their trap.

YZ9fxbC.png

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

I don't rely solely on dark sectors for credits, I do dark sectors for exp and certain resources. If an alliance wants to put 75% tax on a node, I don't care and would definitly won't come crying to the forums raging about the big bad people stealing everything.

the only reason the community will never win is, they want all the benefits of a rail but won't lift a finger to help keep/fight for it.

Yeah I meant they wouldn't win because they go for battle-pay. Heck I go for battle pay, is good :D