Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Please

Cangaceiro473

I get what you've done,Excalibur is a starter frame and shouldn't be able to be that good on endgame.Or at least that's what i think you are doing.But i want to share my opinion,cause Excalibur is love.

Little premise: I love Excalibur,i got the Immortal skin,he's my most played frame,4 forma,both helmets and I dno't regret nothing.I'd give a kidney for Excalibur Prime or the proto-skin.Or maybe that giant statue of him you keep in your studios!

Said that,i think that the starter frames are UP,I understand that they are starter,but i can't accept bad frames,if it is a weapon is ok,since waepon are sometimes similar,so if this weapon sucks,maybe there is  similar weapons with better performance i can have nice feelings for,but since every frame has such unique abilities i think they all should be balanced,because if i enjoy a starter frame I should be able to play with it without regretting not using a more pro frame.

Now,Radial Blind,yeah,maybe it was a bit too OP,but i think that the things are 2.

1.You make that blinds enemies only in the same room,or maybe it has some sort of punch through,so if an enemy is behind another enemy or a little cover it will be blinded,but if it's like behind a room-dividing wall it will not have effect.Or maybe make a mechanics by which the light propagates,so for example it will propagate on a labirynth like room but it will not blind enemies on a fixed range,limiting it's effectiveness.

2.leave the goes-through-everything blind and put some other limits like decreasing the time the enemies stay blinded.

Hope you take into consideration my suggestion!

I could care less if Excalibur is a "Starter Frame." You have to fight Ambulas a ton to get it through normal means.

No Warframe is a "Starter Frame", you just happen to get one of three first. Don't tier playstyles, damnit. it's limiting endgame choices.

So you do care that it is a starter frame?

I get what you've done,Excalibur is a starter frame and shouldn't be able to be that good on endgame.Or at least that's what i think you are doing.

That's not what they were doing, at all. 

The starter frames just typically have a smaller learning curve, but just because they're are starter does not mean they are bad, whatsoever. 

Loki used to be a starter frame, but he was removed because he is "unfriendly" for new players (i.e. bigger learning curve). 

I could care less if Excalibur is a "Starter Frame." You have to fight Ambulas a ton to get it through normal means.

No Warframe is a "Starter Frame", you just happen to get one of three first. Don't tier playstyles, damnit. it's limiting endgame choices.

Agreed.

So you do care that it is a starter frame?

He said it wasn't a starter frame but was &!$$ed that so many use that as an argument to justify the current (has always been like that to be honest...) state of Excalibur.^^'

Branding Excalibro "starter" frame is really stupid, he's just one of three READILY AVAILABLE from the start. NOT a "starter" frame that belongs to the "early" game. ANY frame should be "switchable" to be used form the start and not be "lackluster" for high levels.^^

I'm not saying Excalibur "sucks", just that there isn't any "starter" frame. Or shouldn't be, at least.^^'

Edited by Marthrym

Agreed.

He said it wasn't a starter frame but was &!$$ed that so many use that as an argument to justify the current (has always been like that to be honest...) state of Excalibur.^^'

Branding Excalibro "starter" frame is really stupid, he's just one of three READILY AVAILABLE from the start. NOT a "starter" frame that belongs to the "early" game. ANY frame should be "switchable" to be used form the start and not be "lackluster" for high levels.^^

I'm not saying Excalibur "sucks", just that there isn't any "starter" frame. Or shouldn't be, at least.^^'

I agree with him.

My problem was with the fact he uses the saying "I couldn't care less" wrong.

Ok,I wanted to talk about Excalibur changes but it seems like the internet thought differently....

Well,I might as well give my ho.

I think that the starter frames do stuff reasonably good,but not as good as other frames.I rarely(meaning 1 time in my 480h of playing,and it was rank 4) see people over rank 3 using Volt or Mag,someone may argue because newbies play with them and then move on...it may be the case,but still,i never saw someone saying in chat "LF Mag/Volt/Excalibur" for high tier mission.

Now going back to the starting topic: does anyone knows what DE is planning to do with Excalibur?In the last update one of the red messages said that they where bringing Excalibur back to normal while doing some final work on him to polish stuff,etc...How are they going to do that?