Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Promotions And Platinum. A Question For The Devs

7.T.

Hypothetical Question:

Say a new promotion or something came out similar to the Founder's Packages and it cost exactly $100.00. If someone had $100 worth of Platinum (whatever amount of Platinum that happens to be at the time), would you allow he/she to buy said promotion with that previously acquired Platinum on her account?

It would also end up making Platinum currency for the website, as well as the game... Not sure if that is good or bad. Just a thought. 

EDIT: Just fyi, I realize this wouldn't work with the Founder's Package itself really because if you saved all the discounted Platinum, you'd be able to upgrade without paying more money I think... I didn't bother to actually do the math though. Just guesstimated. Too late for maths at the moment. So buying Promo's with Platinum would have to be situational.

Edited by 7.T.

I'd say no to that. It would be unwise for them to do that I think.

The only promotion I would hope to see regarding Founders packs is maybe a small decrease in price just before going away forever. I've remained a normal player all this time by choice - but I feel like I'd be cool with caving and getting a 50$ pack if they did do a promotion.

To be honest, the only reason I haven't upgraded is because I live on an extremely strict budget. I actually can't throw money at any unfinished game I have a liking for. I have to know for certain I'm okay with what I'm buying into because when I do drop money on games it could very well be the last opportunity to drop some cash I'll have available for a while.

Past that, I figure the 20$ pack is lame and can't be assed to get the cheapo level. If I'm going to buy I'm probably snagging a 50$ pack. I'd be willing to pay just about the same amount I'd pay for a full price game.

Edited by Blatantfool

Thats cool. I recommend getting the $50 one. The question though wasn't specifically about the Founder's Package. It was just mentioned for comparison. Then I put in that edit so people would know I realize this kind of thing wouldn't work for the Founder's Package. For example I meant if they came out with a Rhino Prime or Nyx Prime with no Platinum on the side for $20 and you just bought $20 of Platinum right before they came out. Would they let you use that plat to get one of the new Primes? Remember, this is just an example. This isn't about them giving an announcement about a new thing first. Just about $20 of Platinum still being worth $20 in that point in time and if they would accept that kind of transaction. I'm not for or against this idea. Just wondering what they would do in that situation. Thanks for the reply though. And I too expect they would say no.

Edited by 7.T.