Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios Sentinel Is A Lazy Derp Machine

Acos

No, it's not about his spazzy picture taking this time. 

Helios appears to have a lethargy towards firing his weapon, specifically the sweeper as that is the gun I use for Sentinels. I noticed that he didn't appear to be firing so I took him to Cambria (Earth) to see if I could figure out what the issue was. 

Test 1: Equipped Sweeper with Accelerated Blast, Shotgun Spaz, and Tactical Pump to try to both increase his fire rate and reload speed. Using my vast musical background and the art of counting to myself I determined that he shoots an enemy once about every 6 seconds. Sometimes he takes 7 or 8 seconds, but I assumed this had more to do with him taking a bit to settle on a target or my not being in range for him to fire. 

Test 2: Equipped Dethcube to determine if Helios was indeed acting weirdly or if perhaps sentinel AI in general had been changed (or bugged). Same mod load out on Sweeper. Unlike Helios, Dethcube is quite enthusiastic and continued to fire off the Sweeper at a rate slightly faster than once per second, with brief pauses that I assume to be reloading. 

Test 3: I wondered if perhaps Investigator was conflicting with Helios' AI as I know Investigator has been... tricky in the past. Unequipped it entirely, but lethargy persists: Helios still seems to be firing Sweeper once every 6 seconds. 

Test 4: Just to further make certain that Helios was indeed the one performing oddly I equipped Wyrm with Sweeper to see what she thought about shooting things. Results were about the same as Dethcube, firing slightly faster than once per second with small pauses for reloading. 

So... Either Helios is performing oddly, or Dethcube and Wyrm are quite dramatically over performing. OR maybe Helios is supposed to kind of suck and everything is working as intended, I don't know. Either way I thought I'd bring this up as there appears to be quite a difference in performance between Helios and other Sentinels (at least the two I tested, at any rate.) 

• 2 weeks later...

His tracking is oddly only suited for his deconstructor, so there is definitely a need for him to have a seperate tracking method swhen equipping any other weapon

Deconstructor has a charge up time, doesn't it? So, it would make sense that his targeting is delayed to account for it. It should definitely check to see which weapon is currently being used and adjust accordingly.

Test 4: Just to further make certain that Helios was indeed the one performing oddly I equipped Wyrm with Sweeper to see what she thought about shooting things. Results were about the same as Dethcube, firing slightly faster than once per second with small pauses for reloading.

Also, it's interesting to see what gender people associate with sentinels. When I see Wyrm, it looks like he's breaking his spine across a hovering bar, which reminds of a cartoon or show that featured an old man who used a similar device as a 'wheelchair'. That, combined with the Hunhow mask (which looks like an old sage's face), makes me think of him as an crotchety, old, male worm...thing...using space technology to continue fighting for the Tenno.

Edited by Ailith

• 4 weeks later...