Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diji's Ui Enhancement Concepts/mockups

diji

As I said here:

They still haven't fixed this part.

Thought I mentioned that, but yeah. What they really need to do is just sort by name automatically, because that's the first thing I always click when I'm looking for mods. I do like that equipped mods always appear first in whatever category, but only if you haven't selected a sort.

One thing I hadn't mentioned yet is that taking mods off of a weapon or warframe is currently really annoying, because you have to find an empty spot in the list to drag it to. Why not just have an "unequip" spot one can drag mods to?

Hi guys! My apologies for not coming back to this thread the past few days, I've been *super* busy.

Anyhows, thanks for your compliments!

I'm really glad to see DE added tabs to the mod list, so handy. That said, I'm still going to do some more mockups and put my own take on it out there, since although the tabs fit my idea, I have ideas about the sorting/filtering system that I think would be cool.

I also agree with 101010 and Onihikage about the sorting "priority" thing.

@Onihikage: The mockup I'm working on for the mod screen has an unequip function, amongst other changes. :D

Edited by diji

THIS. IS. AMAZING. +1111111111111111111111111111111

Seriously. Gather your concepts together in a pdf, email it to the team with a disclaimer saying that you hand over any potential copyright, etc rights to the concepts (so that they can actually legally use it directly), and that's that.

The disclaimer may need you to include a signature so that it's legally binding, if you want to do this. (Please, I hope you want to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for the compliments. I haven't had internet access since my last post so I haven't been able to get screenshots to modify for my concepts.

Now that I do have the internet back I don't really feel any motivation to continue, for some reason. Needless to say, if DE wanted to use any of my stuff they could (I doubt I could legally do anything against that, nor would I want to). That said, I'm sure their UI developers could outdo me by far, seeing as that's their job and this was a mere side project.

It would be nice if some of the staff gave us a sign (waiting for light to come down form the sky) ! No seriously. Some really nice concepts are here. Would a be waste to see them just get buried in forums. A small post like: hey ! Yes we saw your proposal, we will think about it ! Or no sorry we have our own vision of things which is more based on cards that don't stack but spam you until you get crazy !

Edited by 101010

The upgrades they made until now are marginal. They added a scroll bar on the mods page but not in the arsenal which means you still have to go trough 20 pages of the same mods to get to what you need if you manage to find it at all. Also they haven't grouped the mods together making it still as confusing as hell.

PLEASE devs look at this concept ! T_T

Along the theme of allowing players to rotate the solar system in that first image, put missions where they actually belong [in orbit or on the planet/moon/asteroid] then let us rotate the planet:

60ptU6d.png

Edited by Notso

Along the theme of allowing players to rotate the solar system in that first image, put missions where they actually belong [in orbit or on the planet/moon/asteroid] then let us rotate the planet:

I am completely in favor if this idea. Seeing what a mission is (station, city, outpost, ship, etc.), and where it is on a given map always help with player immersion.

that UI looks like a lazy UI from an mmo, its like looking at charts and graphs

a good ui should only present useful information when it is needed, not flood the screen with it

if someone has played a ton of hours, they wouldnt need level ranged displayed

that UI looks like a lazy UI from an mmo, its like looking at charts and graphs

a good ui should only present useful information when it is needed, not flood the screen with it

if someone has played a ton of hours, they wouldnt need level ranged displayed

So what would you do differently, specifically?

Yes the planet / moon thing looks good. The only thing is that it would be kind of a pain to code and hence I'm not sure they will do it... >_>

I mean you would need to insert a rotatable 3D model and have parts of the UI be on that 3D model (points to click). Right now the UI is fully in 2D placed over some basic 3D models of our Tenno waiting for the mission to start. So yeah nice idea but quite more work would be needed then just changing the UI.

Will that even fit in 720p resolution ? I already have problems with UI parts being too big.

When I made these images, I used the lowest res that Warframe seemed to render at (I believe it was 1280x800 or something similar), below that res things were scaled down, above that it was rendered up.

That's what I observed anyway. So I used that res as a baseline.