Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Late-Night T4 Interception Challenge!

Nira

So last night I hosted a T4 Interception with some "entry rules": no one was allowed to use Rhino (regular or Prime), Nova, Soma, or Boltor Prime. Partially 'cause I'm sick of running into them all the time, but also I figured it'd be an interesting exercise. Of course I'm aware not everyone uses these as their go-to derp gear, but for people that do it'd be an effective way of pushing outside their comfort zone.

I went with Hydroid (as I do for most things), a [potatoed] Gorgon with no forma, four-forma Detron, and [potatoed] Ankyros Prime.

The team consisted of an Excal Prime with Dread, Mirage with Quanta, and a Valkyr whose primary weapon I forget.

It went... quite badly. Our team cohesion wasn't so good. The Excal Prime was getting downed left right and centre, Mirage did well but I think was using his/her ult a lot, and Valkyr I probably should've added to the exclusion list as she's another tank. I will add though, with a small amount of pride, that I was the only player that didn't get downed, and I wasn't exactly camping in a corner.

I'm going to try running a few more this evening if anyone wants to try their hand. If anyone has any other ideas for rules/restrictions I'd be interested to hear them too!

Aha, makes me want to try this out myself since I have one Interception key

Is Soma really that OP? I thought it's just on par with Supra.

Anyway, how about launcher restrictions? No Thunderbolt as well.

It's the ease of use coupled with its damage output that makes it such an uninspiring weapon for me. I'm pretty sure it'll out-DPS the Supra, as well as having a higher mag capacity, faster reload (which can also be reload-cancelled), higher base fire rate, lower recoil, and hitscan projectiles. Oh and it comes with two V polarities and has a lower mastery requirement and build costs.

But yeah, no launchers, not a bad idea.

Funny. I run nothing on your banlist and I do just fine in t4

Me too :) Like I say, I'm aware not everyone falls back on them.

Edited by Dualice

I want to suggest you a loadout instead:

Banshee, all abilities, maxed range, maxed efficiency,and as much power strenght you can get on her, no hp or shield mods and no duration. (If you have the arcane chorus helm, use it)

Primary weapon: Glaxion

Secondary weapon: Detron(but any other corpus secondary will do)

Melee: Obex(but again every corpus melee is fine)

The key are the Glaxion and the corpus theme, coupled with Banshee. Have fun!(you will :P)

Edited by Melkia

That sounds fun! I've actually forma-d my Banshee for pretty much that build. Only catch is I've run out of cryotic to build the Glaxion.

Grineer theme would be fun. I'm thinking Miter, Twin Gremlins, Jat Kittag.

I have to craft the Miter one of these days... anyway it's a shame you don't have the Glaxion, damagewise is nothing special(that's why I use banshee with Sonar), but the fun factor is off the roof: breaking ice statues never gets old :D