The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

High Cpu Usage+Temporary Fix

NordicBlizzard

After update 14.6.1 I noticed that warframe started to use 80-90% of the one core and on mission performance was really bad.

Notice cpu3

K4Fe7jr.jpg

But if I alt+tab usage reduce to normal level and perfomance goes up and stays there until I close warframe.

bLo3Law.jpg

I have tested without afterburner and I have unparked all cores and usage still goes up every time I launch warframe.

I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Since 14, I can say this:

Loading times have been increased. Now to have the resources loaded only during matchmaking is alright, in fact if you play LoL long enough you learn to appreciate it as it doesn't load so much on the PC, in fact it optimizes the game very well. But I can't help but stare at the CPU usage while knowing it loading resources in matchmaking shouldn't increase the load times by THAT much. First of all lets start by saying I have a Haswell Core i5 quad core 4440 clocks at 3.1Ghz.

4 Cores capable of running 4 tasks at a time, with a pulse rate of up to 3.1Ghz, Which basically makes it rate just a little under 12.4Ghz in total.

We got that? good.

1600Mhz clock speed of RAM <- pretty darn fast (lets not take into account the fact I have 8 Gigs, because really obviously it is not a problem, otherwise it would crash on me every time)

7200RPM hard drive <- not as good as an SSD but still scores the standards.

Now, while I played defense missions I noticed the RAM flickering up and down during loading screens. Okay, the optimization works as intended, it gets rid of the Menu data and writes into the RAM the map, models, textures etc. A slight bump of a 10MB when someone joined. Works pretty well...

Unfortunately I get it stuck on the loading screen in which the CPU simply waits or something. instead of it having 55% CPU usage it drops to 12%, and the screen is stuck. As if the CPU waits for some crucial data that it needs to load, but doesn't seem to work on that. I will note that the other players already have loaded into the game so obviously it doesn't wait for the server, unless it does in which case Netcode needs to be worked with. However I don't think netcode would be the problem because if it was THAT hard for the CPU to get the map's information from the server alongside player info, and the roots would be the slow info transfer, obviously I would have lags by that point, but I don't.

Idk it seems pretty darn weird, especially when loading back into the lobby isn't a hustle.

Edited by DarkBabylon