Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equivalent Of Stances/auras For Primary/secondary Weapons?

TheSmuggler

Now, a few weeks ago, I was thinking to myself why we don't have some kind of equivalent of stances or auras for our primary/secondary weapons. Finally, I've come to a point where this thought led me to a few options concerning this topic:

1) Turn mods like Noise Reduction, Zoom increase, Magazine Capacity into these equivalents (by transforming them [Foundry recipe, perhaps?]), working just like auras that way, yet with some kind of drawback or with lower stats than their "normal" versions, and give them some kind of visual representation

2) Allow us to turn certain mods via a blueprint & a few resources into a skin-esque attachment (like the sugatras on our melee weapons, just with stats)

3) simply give those mods a visual respresentation, without adding any sort of "aura/stance for primary/secondary weapons" system/slot

Examples for visual representation:

- Noise Reduction mods' visual => adding a silencer to the front of the gun (I'm sure it shouldnt be too hard to imagine a small cylinder or tube stuck to the front of your gun)

- Magazine Capacity => make the magazines actually increase in size (obviously only applies to weapons with visible magazines (and where it makes sense to actually make it look bigger))

- Zoom Increase => Add a scope or some other kind of optic to the gun, either as addition or replacement to already present optics (e.g. removing the sight rail on the Braton [i know, this would require almost completely reworking the whole model] and replacing it by some kind of scope; or putting some kind of laser sight on a sniper rifle)

I do realize that for some weapons, the whole idea of visual representation wouldnt work (i mean, why would you need a scope or a silencer on your throwing knives?), but atleast for a sizeable bunch, this would be a nice idea.

yeah, lets put a silencer on the Quanta or Phage........

as i've actually mentioned, some weapons wouldnt work with specific visual representation (last paragraph, the example with the throwing knives)

Don't forget ammo mutation mods. I think those would have a more rightful place in an aura/stance style slot.

oh yes, i've considered these, actually. ended up forgetting to mention them, sadly

Cut out the visual suggestion and I'm all for the idea. No need to make DE do extra work for something they haven't done before (there isn't a visual representation of auras or stances beyond the obvious different moveset and the effects of your aura).

the visual representation was just inspired by the elemental FX from melee weapons. i mean, there ARE visual representations for mods (either the old "blue dots" from back in Beta, or the Elemental FX on melee weapons), but why not expand them to a few more mods (atleast where applicable)?

I have seen other people mention having a utility/tactical aura slot on guns, and I think it is a great idea.  I like the visual representations too, it would be a big undertaking, would be cool though.  I remember mods changing the guns in hellgate london, always liked that.

It could also be called "Combat Training" slot.  It could include things like faster aim down sight, quicker reload, or quicker weapon swapping.  Anything that could be improved by training.

that does sound like a good name for it, the only other name i would be able to come up with would be "Specialization"