The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime: Killing The Game?

_Fracture8

What is killing the game is Mastery Fodder and I propose Weapon Tier Potatoes as the solution. 

Mastery Fodder are weapons that are obsolete.  Obsolete weapons are not worth investing in.  The large volume of content not worth investing in is tilting the game towards not worth investing in.  Lack of investment hurts the game.

Although all weapons have an investment mechanism, it is limited and the disparity in effectiveness between weapons limits investment opportunity to the handful of weapons worth investing in.  But, the handful of weapons worth investing in are not enough to draw in a wider player base.  The arbitrarily better weapons are suitable for the tastes of some players but not others.  The weapons that would be suitable for the tastes of some other players are not worth investing in.

To maximize investment in the game I propose that all weapons be able to reach maximum effectiveness instead of certain weapons being created as maximally effective and others not.  The method I propose is explained in the link above and code named Weapon Tier Potatoes.

No doubt Boltor Prime is too potent a weapon to hand to a rank 2 player, but I think the problem is deeper than one weapon. Most of the rank requirements are messed up. There's enough prime and rare weapons to spread among the early, mid and late game players so that we could keep superweapons like Boltor Prime out of the hands of newbies but give them lesser Primes to see them through the early game.

The entire mastery rank requirements table needs to be reevaluated, or the manner in which they are attained needs to change so that Wallet Warriors can get their unearned achievements but be limited in to a power level commensurate with their play skill and experience.

What is killing the game is Mastery Fodder and I propose Weapon Tier Potatoes as the solution. 

Mastery Fodder are weapons that are obsolete.  Obsolete weapons are not worth investing in.  The large volume of content not worth investing in is tilting the game towards not worth investing in.  Lack of investment hurts the game.

Although all weapons have an investment mechanism, it is limited and the disparity in effectiveness between weapons limits investment opportunity to the handful of weapons worth investing in.  But, the handful of weapons worth investing in are not enough to draw in a wider player base.  The arbitrarily better weapons are suitable for the tastes of some players but not others.  The weapons that would be suitable for the tastes of some other players are not worth investing in.

To maximize investment in the game I propose that all weapons be able to reach maximum effectiveness instead of certain weapons being created as maximally effective and others not.  The method I propose is explained in the link above and code named Weapon Tier Potatoes.

Right on.