Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Guide: How To Frost By Kennytheone.

kennytheone

This guide is for everyone (every Frost/Frost Prime but we don't discriminate here); people who are new to playing Frost, or people who don't know what to do with him. This build is for defense. Also, use Frost Prime if you have him. Using the Non-Prime Frost means that you won't get the gold trimmings, Frost's Crown and another additional D polarity, so if you have the non-Prime Frost, you'll have to use another Forma to get the D polarity in there.

The tactic:

Just spam a Globe every few seconds, and you'll get all the energy back from running 4 Energy Siphons. Use Freeze when an enemy gets into melee range and use your melee to kill it, as gunfire will un-freeze the enemy. Just spam the Globes and it will hold up very easily, even in high wave T4 defense.

Running 4 maxed Energy Siphon auras: Full energy: 300. Cast a Globe. Energy: 288. Energy Siphon = 0.6 energy regen per second x4 = 2.4 energy per second = 12 energy in 5 seconds. Maths. Done. Much GG.

Ability info: 

- Freeze:

Power cost: 6.25

Damage: 125 cold damage

Target range: 50m

Duration: 12.5 seconds

- Snow Globe:

Power cost: 12.5

Radius: 5.0m

Duration: 32.4 seconds

Slow down: 67%

Snow Globe health: 5495

Invulnerability: 4 seconds

You may add Vitality over Redirection or anything other D polarity mod. You can also Forma the empty mod slot to add another mod.

WDJChJF.jpg

Pst, DERebecca is cool. 

well in high high t4 I'd honestly roll with corrosive projection over anything....

but the build was cool

Hm, maybe. I just see Energy Siphon as a way to me to keep casting Globes and to protect the cryopod. I'll just sit here and spam 3 and my friends can do the killing. xD

You realize you could free up space for Avalanche or Ice Wave by moving Flow onto that open spot right?

And .DoG. has a point, if you already have teammates utilizing Energy Siphon, there's not much point to having a 3rd/4th one when two people could be running with Corrosive Projection to weaken the enemies.

Spamming 3 would have been a good strategy back when Snow Globe was invinciburu but when you get up to wave 80+ that thing will crack pretty quickly without having a Radial Disarm Loki or Chaos Nyx in the mix.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

You realize you could free up space for Avalanche by moving flow onto that open spot right?

And .DoG. has a point, if you already have teammates utilizing Energy Siphon, there's not much point to having a 3rd/4th one when two people could be running with Corrosive Projection to weaken the enemies.

Hm, yes, true, but 4 Energy Siphons allows me to cast my Globes much faster and ensure the Cryopod's safety. 

Personally I use a Snow Globe build with a max duration build with a few mobility mods. IMO if I'm only using Frost for Defense and MD and Survival, I do away with Shield, Armor and Health mods.

But this build is a good general one for using Frost, I like it.

Hm, I'm going to have to consider taking off Redirection. I keep Steel Fiber for more Globe health, but I'm not entirely sure what else to put. This is a spam build, so Blind Rage isn't exactly something I want. As for mobility, if I'm just going to be standing by a Cryopod, I don't see a point. This build is more about stacking Globes for efficiency. I'm not entirely sure what other mods to put on Frost. 

Yes, but as of now, without some sort of Freeze effect, it hardly deals any damage and wastes a lot of energy. 

I use Avalanche in high T4 defense simply as a "Oh, S#&$'s gettin' real, I need to get out of here" kind of ability. It's a high energy utility skill at best. Granted it needs to be buffed back to it's former glory to be terribly useful. Though that's admittedly a whole different can of worms entirely.

Hm, yes, true, but 4 Energy Siphons allows me to cast my Globes much faster and ensure the Cryopod's safety. 

As does leaving the cryopod for a few seconds in between waves to collect energy. I've personally never seen much benefit to having 4 ES's as opposed to 3.

To each his own though. Not here to rip on your build. I was mostly perplexed by the presence of an empty slot when you have six points left and mods in your ability slots.

As does leaving the cryopod for a few seconds in between waves to collect energy. I've personally never seen much benefit to having 4 ES's as opposed to 3.

To each his own though. Not here to rip on your build. I was mostly perplexed by the presence of an empty slot when you have six points left and mods in your ability slots.

Well I had that slot open for customization, knowing that it would probably cost more than Flow or Streamline. I don't loot for Energy orbs though. I stay by the cryopod using my Globe, and with my build, I don't lose energy that I don't get back from ES.

If you're going for a really spammy build, you can always drop the two Duration mods and rely on the four-second window of invulnerability on Snow Globe. That's probably the most efficient way of using Frost when it gets to crazy high-level T4 Defense, but I admit that I don't find it very fun. You'd probably be using Corrosive Projection then anyways, and would rely on energy restores between waves.

If you're going for a really spammy build, you can always drop the two Duration mods and rely on the four-second window of invulnerability on Snow Globe. That's probably the most efficient way of using Frost when it gets to crazy high-level T4 Defense, but I admit that I don't find it very fun. You'd probably be using Corrosive Projection then anyways, and would rely on energy restores between waves.

Yes, I understand. I've done builds going 100+ waves against Grineer using Corrosive Projection, relying on the Snow Globe's invincibility and bring some energy restore plates.

The problem is that if you plan on spamming globes like that you end up playing with three guys instead of 4.

It is still a valid strategy, but you could do so much more with frost.

Personally I run

Freeze, ice wave, globe

Redirection, vitality, steel fibre

Blind rage, fleeting expertise, stretch, streamline

I've run it in pretty much every mission type to good effect.

Ice wave is nasty as hell with 100% proc chance, and is your bread and butter, slowing all the things and dealing decent damage.

Globe is for reviving or when there are a few too many nasties in front of you. With blind rage anything inside the sloe radius might as well be not moving. Minimum duration ensures that it is not so obnoxious in non defence missions.

Freeze is there to stop enemies doing certain nasty things, like ground pounds, of shooting. You can use it while reloading so it is mostly a safety net or a filler.

You do lose out on globe spam utility, but you end up being a bigger asset to the team, by focussing on key areas with Cc. Remember, slowing an enemy reduces their move speed and damage output.

Edited by Sixty5