Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ps4 Mastery Rank Test Bug [Megathread]

Hey everyone!  I have seen mastery rank issues accross all 3 platforms.  

What I want to do is gather as much info as possible from anyone/everyone who is experiencing the current problem which varies from person to person slightly. (EXAMPLE:  You start your test, you load either into the mission or straight back into the Liset and you are presented with a you have failed and a 24 hour wait time)

The strangest part about this bug is that it is happening on all 3 platforms (PC rarely it seems, but more often on PS4 and XB one from what I can tell via the forums)  

Please see below and respond in the following format - See below and thank you very much in advance!

---------------------------------------------------

1. If this has been happening to you, and you are willing to try it again for reproduction/testing purposes, please answer this question with a "yes" or "I am willing".  I will take no answer to #1 as a "No".

2. What did you have equipped when you took this and the bug happened?  (Primary/Seconday/Melee/Sentinal or Kubrow "If Sentinal- which Sentinal and which sentinal weapon"

3. What EXACTLY happened?  Did you go from the loading screen straight back to the liset?  Were you able to load in for a second and nothing happened and the result=failure?  etc....

4. What mastery rank test are you attempting to take?  (Example:  I am attempting to take the test to get from rank 5 to rank 6)

5. When did it occur to you and if possible, which build did it start in?  (Example:  Yesterday, Update 14.6.1, or 2 weeks ago Update 14.5)

6. There was a problem that I believe was fixed that was allowing people into mastery rank tests without either a primary, secondary, or melee weapon equipped (It should be mandatory to have all 3 equipped upon entering a mastery rank test)  If you were victim to THIS bug and are experiencing the current "load in to just fail" bug then please elaborate!

7. Are you trying to take the test from a Customized "Loadout" or the default Loadout you are provided with?  (meaning the new customizable loadouts that you can name and duplicate etc..)

8. When you hit Esc.  and go to options, under the first tab, if you click Network, do you get an error, or does it say "All Systems Nominal?"  if you are getting an error, please provide that error here.

9. Any additional info you may want to provide is appreciated, screenshots etc...  Anything that you can think of that I may have missed.  Do so after answering the above!  

Thank you all so much!   Let's squash this bug!

Hello fellow Tenno. I've had the same situation for over a week. I finally managed to do it. Try the following to see if it works for you guys too. When your are on your ship standing up press options on DS4 and select rank up test from there. This is important: DON'T kneel in the Navigation Menu or any other menu, just select it while standing up in the ship. Hope it works for you guys as it did to me.

Kosh-V

Awesome,  Well, the thread got merged and my template for reporting this mastery bug sort got stuck in the middle of this last page, so just an FYI click here to see what I had originally posted:  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/311632-ps4-mastery-rank-test-bug-gathering-all-info/?p=3529516

I am sure any additional info is very helpful to DE!

Thanks all, quite alot of reports here!

Had this tonight trying the 12 to 13 test, I was kneeling at the nav console when I started it. I noticed that before I saw the ship flying I had a very long pause at a black screen before the ship flying and then dumped back to kneeling at the nav console with no message ect.

Noted, when I took 15-16 I was just standing in my ship and hit the options or what I like to call the "start" button on the ps4 and went up to my profile and started it that way.

Can anyone confirm any consistency between kneeling at navigation when starting the rank-up and having it fail?

Just making this post so I can move it to a different area!

Noted, when I took 15-16 I was just standing in my ship and hit the options or what I like to call the "start" button on the ps4 and went up to my profile and started it that way.
Can anyone confirm any consistency between kneeling at navigation when starting the rank-up and having it fail?

I can confirm, i could not do the mastery test since the last update, just tried while standing instead of kneeling and it worked

So ---->  Possibly somthing with being kneeled at navigation and trying to start the mastery test is causing the issue.... OR...

Idk about what I had equipped and all that the last time it did it to me but I do know that the restart your game prior to testing prevents the bug with near 100% accuracy...

Restarting the game prevents with nearly 100% accuracy!?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone confirm these two things?

(If you have a mastery rank test and have had problems in the recent past, try one or the other and report back on which you did and if it worked or not!?)  On PC, PS4, or XB One?!