Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Mods Not Increasing Elementals

Gahrzerkire

I thought that the impact slash and puncture damages where calculated then elementals. Which would go to say that the slash mods would increase your elemental damage as well as slash. I am not seeing this. Very Dissappointing.

This never happened with the original +Slash/Puncture/Impact mods. Nothing unexpected.

Actually, this is ONLY the case with melee weapons from my experience on PS4, I'll check it out on PC asap.  More slash = more element mod dmg, but not with guns... always wondered about this.

EDIT:  Does not apply if the weapon has a base of only element dmg already  ----> only exception to this would be the Infested sword you can get off market as it has base puncture slash impact and Toxin

Except that isn't true.

From Wiki.

Actually, this is ONLY the case with melee weapons from my experience on PS4, I'll check it out on PC asap.  More slash = more element mod dmg, but not with guns... always wondered about this.

EDIT:  Does not apply if the weapon has a base of only element dmg already  ----> only exception to this would be the Infested sword you can get off market as it has base puncture slash impact and Toxin

Just because it says it on the wiki doesn't mean it's true.

Just because it says it on the wiki doesn't mean it's true.

Exactly. It takes like 5 min to determine it's false.

ONLY base damage(including serration and Heavy Caliber*and the other equivalents*) and other elemental mods boost elemental damage. And it has been that way for a VERY long time now.

Things like piercing hit do not effect elemental damage even in the slightest.

Yep you all are correct, my bad, just tested -- I was thinking of the Spin/slam attacks etc.. they DO scale on melee with slash/puncture/impact etc..

Correct me If I am wrong but the HUD did not show those increase with just a say.. + slash mod before melee 2.0.  That's what I was confusing with the elements.  

But yeah, elements don't scale with slash/punc/impact on melee, or guns.

My fault!