Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith Damage.

Issun135

has anyone else noticed the damage of the strun wraith is actually lower than the normal strun?

I know shotguns are due for buffs but shouldn't a wraith deal more damage than the normal counter part.

This may not apply to many people because the survival weekend event happened almost a year ago and very few people have the weapon (including me).

Really now? I thought it did more damage...

I'll be sure to look back at it the next time I am on

They buffed regular Strun when new MK-1 Weapons were introduced. MK-1 Strun is basically what the old Strun was.

Strun wraith however has more crit chance and damage so the potential DPS is still higher than regular Strun.

They buffed regular Strun when new MK-1 Weapons were introduced. MK-1 Strun is basically what the old Strun was.

Strun wraith however has more crit chance and damage so the potential DPS is still higher than regular Strun.

15% crit chance defenetly isn't viable even for a shotgun, less thhen third of the pellets crit usually, and thats not enough for a weapon that is supposed to be better then the strun by reling on it's crits, more then 20%? Sure, not 15

regular strun and the wraith have the exact same fire rate, it has either been this way all the time or the regular one got buffed in that regard as well. reload time of the wraith is much better though.

so as tokkobot said, the regular strun got buffed when more mk1 weapons were introduced. and no, the crits of the wraith don't make up for the lower damage, especially not with mods (shotgun crit mods suck and elemental mods are better for such a middle of the road crit rate anyway). some threads were made about this but DE seems occupied with PS4, XBoxOne, U15, you name it.

Edited by SlyBoots

I made a thread just like this one not too long ago, it was immediately shot down by people who kept saying the crit chance and status make up for it in every way, with barely any idea of how shotguns work or proper statistics to back it up. The crit chance as yarash2110 said does NOTHING for a weapon where half the pellets won't even hit the target. a 35% base crit wouldn't save it. The status also suffers from the same ailment, and it's a shame noone realises this.

Having played with both weapons, i can say that they feel almost exactly the same as each other in terms of DPS. The higher reload speed on the wraith counteracts the damage per second, but it does have less damage per shot. And runs out of ammo faster

Edited by KilelrDrone492

I guess they must have buffed the base Strun's fire rate since I last used it. I've almost exclusively used the Wraith variant after I got it from the Survival event. My original Strun has not seen any use since. (I think the lore said it was supposed to be a pump-action shotgun or something, hence the low firing rate.)

Edited by SFkenny