The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Will Matchmaking Ever Be Fixed?

Juneuarie

Really, I've made more than sure now I did everything I could possibly do on my end
Ports forwarded and tested, firewalls allowed and whatever other user-end network issue I could find on the forums I made sure to resolve
yet I still cannot for the life of me get in a squad or even get matched up in one to at least encounter some new problem with host migration or failed to join session errors, and on whatever node I'm playing I can see a decent number of squads and queue up for hours and hours and not a single soul will pop up, no one at all.

So when will matchmaking in this game ever do what it's supposed to? because this game is really ticking me off lately with how impossible it gets later on to solo things with a first timer Volt, since well it's supposed to be a squad oriented game

PS:Please don't tell me to go into recruitment tab or find a clan, these are irrelevant work arounds which still don't work for me anyway because I can't find a clan nor can I ever find someone willing to do such low level missions with me.

Edited by Fartickles

I went as far as set ping limit to unlimited, and I always double check if it's public and the analyze network option always tells me to make sure I portforward 4950 and 4955 UDP which as I said above I have already done and made sure to confirm and test multiple times since I did spend an entire day off researching this and made sure to do every thing I possibly can on my end

I went as far as set ping limit to unlimited, and I always double check if it's public and the analyze network option always tells me to make sure I portforward 4950 and 4955 UDP which as I said above I have already done and made sure to confirm and test multiple times since I did spend an entire day off researching this and made sure to do every thing I possibly can on my end

Okay, Analyze network is encountering problems. If you're good, it says "All systems nominal." You're getting an error message.

I imagine you probably need to either double check your computer's firewall, or your router's. There might be something weird with one of them. Would try putting your computer in the "DMZ" listing, and testing if that clears up things, or just turning off your firewall.

Also, make sure that windows is allowing network traffic for the program.

It might be the router being weird(my old one wouldn't properly port forward me, no matter what I tried), but trying all of the above should get you somewhere at some point--try one at a time, to see if it's any one of them, or all at once, if no single culprit exists.

Once you get the "All systems nominal.", you'll be able to squad up with ease! =D

I have done all of that but I'm currently giving it another go, going to completely reset my router and do it all from the start

never tried this hard to get a game working before just hope it's really worth the trouble :c

9 times out of 10, it is.

The 10th time, those guys can go screw themselves, but the other 9 times are pretty darn awesome.

Well I'm getting somewhere now, I still get the same "make sure.." alert but I can get into a few squads. better than nothing I suppose
Thanks for the help btw! Part of why I'm still bothering with this game is how great the community is especially to someone who came from League of Legends, the worst community you could possibly run into online

Edited by Fartickles

I'm having a similar problem.  Even reset my router to factory defaults.  It's still asking me to check my ports.

I've had it working with Warframe for 1-2 years, with the exception of a few spots of server-side downtime/problems once every blue moon.

I think I can confirm: some of us are having trouble connecting to ports.

[EDIT] after trying several alternative ports (I just prefer non-default in general), what finally worked was the default ports of 4950 & 4955.  Everything seems to be fine, now.  And it would explain why so few people are having this problem: most people use the default ports.  Hope this helps. :D

Edited by pooptaco

What I wonder is how often matchmaking fails due to connection vs the lack of other players in the missions you want?

I have no problem finding public squads on alerts but, I have to rely on my friends or solo the missions that are considered not rewarding enough to do, such as captures or spy. It makes completing planets hard for new players.

I'm new to the forums; is there a place where we can suggest new ideas? I got a few to share that could help matchmaking...