Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Q on Founder's Excaliber

Jasonv2

I've been playing the normal Excaliber warframe and I am thinking about purchasing the Hunter's founder pack. I would like the Excaliber Prime. Will all the hours I spent on my Excaliber be wasted? Is the Excaliber Prime just a skin I can apply to my Excaliber or is it a seperate frame that I will have to level up? I've already spent awhile on my Excaliber, didn't really want to level up the same frame again.

I've been playing the normal Excaliber warframe and I am thinking about purchasing the Hunter's founder pack. I would like the Excaliber Prime. Will all the hours I spent on my Excaliber be wasted? Is the Excaliber Prime just a skin I can apply to my Excaliber or is it a seperate frame that I will have to level up? I've already spent awhile on my Excaliber, didn't really want to level up the same frame again.

Prime Excalibur is a separate Warframe. Not a skin.

Thanks, surprised they don't just add a section to the Warframe arsenal that allows you to pick a skin. Kind of the way League of Legends does it with champs. Are all future skins of warframes going to have to be leveled? I think that's bad implementation. They could use skins as a good way to make money on customizing the look of warframes. However having them count as different warframes entirely, that sucks.

As far as I know, Excaliber Prime is the same Warframe with just gold trim right? So that strikes me as odd that they don't classify this as a skin.

Also does the founders pack unlock the "pro mode" for all warframes you buy or just the Excaliber Prime.

Edited by Jasonv2

Let me repeat myself.

Prime Excalibur is NOT a Skin.

And that's is why I think it is a fail... If is the same warframe, with the same abillities, why not make it just a skin for it? It just don't make alot of sense doing a double warframe, just to make it look golden or something... IF ONLY IF, Prime had something different between Excalibur Default, it would be acceptable to be another warframe, but the only difference is on the look...

For the logical appeal, I would rather like Prime to be a skin then to be another warframe .-.

And that's is why I think it is a fail... If is the same warframe, with the same abillities, why not make it just a skin for it? It just don't make alot of sense doing a double warframe, just to make it look golden or something... IF ONLY IF, Prime had something different between Excalibur Default, it would be acceptable to be another warframe, but the only difference is on the look...

For the logical appeal, I would rather like Prime to be a skin then to be another warframe .-.

Ok... let me make an example for you. Since you can't think of a reason by yourself.

Let's take me for this project.

I picked Loki as my starting Warframe, I'm gonna purchase the Master pack in a week, and WOAH, i will get a Free Excalibur with Unique look!

You get it now? Not every1 picks Excalibur...

Alright so, Excaliber Prime, is Excaliber with gold trim added. How does that make it a comepletely different warframe? Why is it not considered a skin? Does he not have the same exact abilities and overall look minus the gold trim?

They can call it whatever they want to, adding gold trim and classifying it as a compeltely different warframe is absurd.

Alright so, Excaliber Prime, is Excaliber with gold trim added. How does that make it a comepletely different warframe? Why is it not considered a skin? Does he not have the same exact abilities and overall look minus the gold trim?

They can call it whatever they want to, adding gold trim and classifying it as a compeltely different warframe is absurd.

read my post right above yours...

No1 ever said it's a completely different Frame. It is the same Frame, with different name... Lesson? Don't pick Excalibur for starting Frame if you plan to get Founder.

Edited by Sikab

Ok... let me make an example for you. Since you can't think of a reason by yourself.

I picked Loki as my starting Warframe, I'm gonna purchase the Master pack in a week, and WOAH, i will get a Free Excalibur with Unique look!

I know your point of view, but it just don't make too much sense at my point of view, what would be the difference between you recieve (even if you choose another starter warframe) the Excalibur Prime, or just the Exacalibur with the Prime's Skin?

And I really feel like in your post you sounded a little agressive. I'm just trying to discuss in the forum no need to use this:

"Ok... let me make an example for you. Since you can't think of a reason by yourself."

What about someone in my shoes huh? I started with Excaliber! Oh look, I get an exact double of the frame I've already dumped hours into with just gold trim and if I want to use the new look, I have to level the same frame over again. So people that started with Excaliber get shafted and he's plastered all over the login screen/site, I would imagine most people start with him.

What about someone in my shoes huh? I started with Excaliber! Oh look, I get an exact double of the frame I've already dumped hours into with just gold trim and if I want to use the new look, I have to level the same frame over again. So people that started with Excaliber get shafted and he's plastered all over the login screen/site, I would imagine most people start with him.

You would be surprised. Most ppl start with Either Loki, or the most common Volt. They are strong/unique even later, while Excalibur gets outclassed by a later Frame called "Rhino".

Edited by Sikab

read my post right above yours...

No1 ever said it's a completely different Frame. It is the same Frame, with different name... Lesson? Don't pick Excalibur for starting Frame if you plan to get Founder.

And how would people know that? What if they don't have the intention yet to be founder, and want to discover the game first? (Like myself) And after that, buy the founder. I choosed the Excalibur for starter, it appeal to me the most, and know I'm finishing Ash... How could I know the game was good before playing? And how would I buy a founder with a warframe that I don't know if I would like it or not? It just don't make sense to the game it self has two exactly SAME warframes, same abbilities, same gameplay, and just some details in the texture to say it is a different one...

You can't say that everyone plays with excalibur, either you can't say that everyone don't play with it either...

More warframes = more mastery.

Plus maybe you want to try differant mods on one frame or the other. Plus I'm not even sure if there isn't a diffence between them. It seemed when I got excaliber prime that it's slash dash traveled further, but I could be wrong.

Veleno is right, new players jumping in to try the game have no idea about the Excaliber Prime shenanigans. Usually after you spend time with a game and enjoy it, then you look into supporting it. I think the Excaliber Prime is a great idea, just terible implementation. Not to mention after the tutorial you get thrown into a class choice and you're pretty much blind. I figured well, I see Excaliber everywhere, I just tried him in the tutorial, I'll go with what I know.

I think they should change Excal Prime to a skin that upon Founder's purchase will also include default Excaliber if you don't already own it, exactly how League of Legends handles it. Also, change the tutorial. The tutorial should allow you to swap between all three frames at the end and use their 4 abilities so you have a better idea before you pick one.

Edited by Jasonv2

I'd rather have another warframe to level, If they take away one of my warframes I'll be slightly annoyed maybe why not.

I think they should make excaliber prime have it's own excaliber themed abilities rather than making it just 'the look'.

But that's not why I bought into the program.

You see, the thing is... What does make more sense?

Two Exactly same Warframes, same skills, same abillities and same level scale, same model and only with the textures that makes de diference

Ooor

One warframe, with the Skin

Which one looks more logical and with common sense?

Edited by VelenoHargreaves

I see where you're comming from and that would also work. Giving Excal Prime different abilities would justify having him as a seperate frame. As it is currently implemented, I don't like. Either change it to a skin and have it come with the default Excaliber frame or create new abilities to have it truly be a different warframe.

from what I hear all Primes have slightly higher stats, this is confirmed for the sword and pistol, as for the suit I dont think anyone knows, perhaps it has higher ability damage. I dont have anouther excalibur at lvl 30 to test it against

Edited by STARSBarry

If they change the abillities of Excalibur prime then he will not be Excalibur anymore don't you think? The change for the skin is much more plausible then changing to another warframe... It just don't enter on my mind that isn't redundancy to have two warframes exactly equal... It would be like:

Hey here is a cup! Now Here is the same cup, with blue lines on it!