Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] Operation: Aquam Epsilon

Kamal965

“Tenno, it is time to start Operation: Aquam Epsilon. All assigned Tenno are to report to Aquam Epsilon’s moon, LXVIII-I, to begin. I’ve sent out the coordinates to your Lisets, but make haste to arrive there before the Grineer can build their Void mask detectors. Good luck.”

Ending her recording, the Lotus turned to the camera feed of the meeting location: a medium sized, ornate building located directly next to an atmospheric generator. Inside the building were 10 kneeling mats arranged in a circle to allow the Tenno to meet and discuss the plan of attack, while to the side was an armory full of energy and health restores held up on one side of the racks, while the other was full of ammo for all different types of weaponry. On the other side of the room was a door that led to a series of other utility rooms. Nodding in satisfaction, the Lotus turned her focus elsewhere - after all, there was a war to wage elsewhere.

linebreak.png

642f3918e1.png

Sergeant Odhok reviewed the live display before him, watching as the solid red blips denoting the Grineer battleships slowly began to blink, one by one, all across the oceans of the planet. Eventually, the last ship at the very edge of the Imbrium Australis also began to blink. Nodding in satisfaction, he pulled up his comms gear and dialed an ID number.

Two seconds later, a link established and a miniature holographic figure of Lieutenant Kril, the Commanding Officer for the campaign, appeared in front of the Sergeant.

“Lieutenant,” Odhok dipped his head in greeting, “The Battleships have begun mapping out the oceans and seas, the construction of the base within the mountains of Tharsis has been completed and excavation teams have been sent out to the two poles of the planet to complete our documentation of it.”

The Lieutenant nodded, “And of the detection systems?” he questioned, his loud, raspy voice causing Odhok to wince slightly. “Shuttles have landed and delivered the required materials to build them,” he paused carefully, watching Kril for a reaction - not that it was of any use, as his entire face was masked, “construction has yet to begin, however. We’re waiting for the power core to finish building.”

The only visible sign of irritation was a clenching of Kril’s fist, and his voice dropping to a low hiss, “You will personally oversee the construction of the void mask detectors. We don’t want any Tenno dropping in, now do we, Sergeant?” he asked, his question rhetorical yet, still demanding an answer.

“Y-Yes, Lieutenant,” Odhok stuttered briefly, composing himself afterwards, “I’ll see to it. Glory to the Kwueens!”

“Glory to the Kwueens!” And with that, the Sergeant severed the connection. Sighing, he slumped back into his seat for but a moment, before fixing a scowl on to his face and leaving the chamber, barking out orders left and right.

linebreak.png

q40sDsZ.png

(( For those who are interested, registration is open here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/307703-ooc-aquam-e-stop-the-grineer-recruitment-open/ ))

Halcyon grinned, standing and looking at Natalia as the moon approached, she stuck her tongue out at him, never able to get over or understand his abstinence with her.

"Don't be like that. We're going to an ice, I mean, water planet. They've probably got boats and stuff, it'll be fun." He said, indicating the ocean planet through his Liset's window. She grinned back,

"You know what else would be fun...?" She asked back, and Halcyon shook his head,

"Sorry, we've got work to do."

"Of course we do, we always do. But you know, you're going to have to give in at some point." She said, her smile turning malicious.

"I know, but it won't be for a while."

"I'll be waiting then. And if I see the slightest wavering in your 'strength' I'll be right there, asking." She said, going into the lower room of the Liset. He nodded, guiding the ship down to the satellite.

Vasto sat against the wall, waiting. He'd been here for a while. He had arrived early in the hopes of being able to start the mission without his teammates, although the Lotus told him no. Now, normally Vasto wouldn't give two S#&$s about what the Lotus says, but the simple fact that he didn't' have a map or anything telling him where anything was on this blasted Wet N Wild forced him to stay put.

So he sat against the wall and waited, doing a combination of complaining about the Lotus and about how there were absolutely no seating arrangements on this boring as S#&$ building, occasionally rubbing the sleeping Ras lying beside him and shining his prized possessions. The "Orokin" Akvasto he had been awoken with.

He perked up his head at the sound of an approaching Liset and let out a sigh of relief. "Finally. Now to just get pleasantries out of the way and we can finally bloody start."

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

A singular, dark shadow drifted within the eternal darkness of space, the shape of a lone Liset space vessel in orbit of LXVII-I. Deep within sat the silhouette of a Tenno deeply engaged with his own thoughts, in the traditional kneeling position of a Tenno meditating. A few long moments passed, each seeming like an eternity, before the tense silence was finally broken by a voice-the voice of the Liset's AI Cephalon.

"Operator: Azrael , we have arrived at our destination."

Azrael said nothing, but he slowly stood up and nodded as his only sign of acknowledgment for the words of his Cephalon, Nez. Walking deeper into the back of his Liset, he checked his various equipment. Seemingly satisfied with the condition of his weapons, he spoke two words.

"Nez, status?"

"Preliminary scans indicate massive Grineer activity within the planet Aquam-Epsilon. As for our appointed rendezvous location, I detect two friendly Lisets within close proximity that have already landed on the moon. There are more Lisets arriving within the span of 10 minutes. Operator, may I help to get you into gear? All weapons have been scanned and are fully combat efficient."

A silent nod of approval and satisfaction set the Cephalon promptly into action, with robotic arms helping to attach the various parts of the armor of a Loki Prime warframe to his magnetized undersuit. As the pieces seamlessly fused together, Azrael attached his Boltor Prime and Dakra Prime onto his back while holstering his Lex Prime on his right thigh. Moving over to the navigation console, Azrael manually guided it down to the hangar of the meeting location, the thrusters of the space vessel slowly easing as the ship lowered itself into position, before hovering within a comfortable distance above the hangar.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Mia lies sprawled in the lower right corner of the Liset, curled up beside her Huras kubrow, Raviente. The last few days of venturing into the void's Orokin ships had not been easy, with the squad ending up near completely annihilated within 5 minutes of arrival. Between the constant hail of enemy fire and the ghost of Vor showing up everywhere, the nyx needed some down time.

"Operator, the moon is coming up within landing distance"

Slowly, Mia floats herself upright and towards the armory. As the arms folded forward, her steadfast Latron and Sicarus Primes slotted out. While dented and scratched, they remain as gleaming as ever, not having to re-sight them once since the day she forged them.

Robotic arms guided the weapons into place on her back and right thigh, where the suit finishes up and magnetizes them onto her suit. Her Shade sentinel powers up and takes position behind her, and she slowly floats past the foundry. There her Orthos Prime lies, where she had spent the entirety of last night maintaining and sharpening its edges. She reaches out to it with her mind, and it floats off the table and attaches beside her Latron.

Raviente gives a bark of approval, and she nods towards her, as the Liset lowers the ramp to the bridge and Mia finally places her feet on the ship itself. She reaches out to both Ordis and the ship controls with her mind, prefering to keep her voice hidden for intimate moments, even on the ship.

"Guide us into the base Ordis. When we arrive, keep the engines warm. If things go arwy, I want you ready for extraction in a moment's notice"

Halcyon's Liset landed. He hooked Nano underneath his Deadalus shoulder plate as he stepped off the ship with Natalia. She sniffed, tasting the air as they approached another tenno. Vasto. Natalia grinned,

"Valor, insubordination, has already arrived, but it seems Cowardess but compassion has yet to."

"I'll never know how you get all that from smell."

"It was a part of my, past." She said, wrapping her arm around Halcyon's as they walked up to Vasto.

"Hello!" Halcyon said, waving and trying to get Natalia off him.

As Mia's Liset approaches the hanger, she telepathically speaks to ordis,

"Silent running, keep stealth systems engaged."

The Shade turns on active stealth while she latches onto the rotating hatch and prepares to drop into base. When the Liset finally coasts in the hanger, the hatch rotates her to face outside, and she silently falls and touches down on the hanger door. Adopting a silent walk, she covertly makes her way towards what appears to be three other tenno that have arrived ahead of her.

Halcyon sat, kind of, still unable to remove a clinging Natalia from his arm. His wish was granted, when suddenly, she let go, sniffing and looking towards the Hangar.

"Another of us approaches. Compassion, yet, she's shy." Natalia said, looking into the distance.

"Huh?" Halcyon asked.

"Allow me to shed some light on the subject." She said, launching a prism. The Shade unable to bend light around itself and it's master quickly enough. It left a shadow of someone. Only for a moment, but definitely noticeable.

Aegia giggled as she felt her bodysuit enveloping her, followed by the methodical clunking of her warframe sliding into place over her. "Still ticklish." She rotated her shoulders and jumped a bit, taking a deep breath and grabbing her Arcane Vanguard Helmet, putting it on and letting it seal. She grabbed her Sobek and placed it on her back, letting it magnetically attach to her back, spinning her two Broncos on her fingers and attaching them to her thighs. She saved the best for last, smiling and grabbing her modified Jat Kittag and slinging it onto her back with a single hand.

"Kel, open rear door and bring me to a suitable jump point. My hammer's not fitting in the drop pod."

"As you wish, Operator. Opening rear door.'' The rear door opened slowly as her Liset neared the hanger low enough for her to jump.

"Stay nearby, stealth ship, remember." "Understood. Don't break anything, Operator."

The Liset hovered in the hanger and she jumped down, rolling when she hit the ground, looking at her HUD and minimap to locate her fellow Tenno.

Natalia looked away from the recently discovered new tenno,

"The Lotus doesn't trust us, a fifth approaches, hard to Make out at this distance, but I'd call her a mix, a pendulum swings length between joy and solemness, unless solemness is soon to arrive." Natalia murmured, and Halcyon shrugged,

"Knock it off, yer gonna freak people out doing that." He called, still attempting to sit on the mat thing provided. Natalia looked back at him,

"Would you rather I focus my attention on you?"

"Nope, carry on." Halcyon said, waving her away as she turned toward him.

The sight, and scent, of all the approaching Tenno caused the snoozing Ras to perk up it's head and growl before looking back at it's master. Vasto quickened the rubbing of his Kubrow and leaned in closer, to comfort it.

"It's ok Ras, you can go hide if you want"

At her master's approval, the completely black & red eyed Huras Kubrow cloaked and silently stalked off to another area of the room, not even Vasto knowing where his companion had gone. He holstered his Vasto and put the cloth he'd been using to wipe it in his brown leather Jacket before moving to one of the kneeling mats and sitting down on it, both legs in front of him, with his right leg bent upwards where he rested his right arm.

"So, are we going to start this thing or we gonna take a cyro nap?"

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

"I never actually took a cryo nap in the first place, but I do hope we might begin shortly." Halcyon said, and lookwd around, just now remembering that Sigma hadn't accompanied them. He whistled for his Raksa Kubrow, which bounded out of his Liset to come to a stop by Halcyon's side. Natalia remained standing, but shrugged at Vasto's comment,

"It would make sense that we get to it soon. I'm itching to get to work. We do however need our full squad to get here to start," She said, giving up on looking for others and sitting next to Halcyon. Halcyon inched slightly away from her as she practically sat on his lap.

"Not the time for that Natalia, we've gotta be serious, focused remember?" He said,

"Awww, but it's so fun to watch you squirm. Why are you afraid of any closeness huh? What's the reason for it?" She teased, and Halcyon didn't answer, looking straight ahead and waiting.

"You don't sleep on this place." A voice, accompanied with footsteps echoed from the corridor, referring to Vasto. "Or at least, it would be a bad idea." The voice continued, as a fully equipped, Immortal-skinned Mag walked into the hub, "We're not found yet, but my Liset just detected an uprising on the Grineer side."

Ante crossed the hub and kneeled on the seat, "So. I'm Ante, a Mag. Yours?"

Edited by Twilight053

Vasto laughed "Are you trying to scare me with the Grineer. Sneaking up on me while sleeping, no less? Those guys could wake a Kubrow Den from a mile away while sneaking. By the time they enter this room I'd have both my guns ready and a cup of tee to boot."

He tipped his hat in Ante's direction. "My name is Vasto, and my Kurbow's Ras. I'd properly introduce you to her, but she's gone hiding and even I don't know a damn about where she's gone."

She replied, "Allow me to remind you that this planet's recently discovered, crawling every space and nooks with clones." She opened the database terminal in front of her seat, "Oh, its worse when you take the construction here as a factor, apparently."

"Anyway, how about the rest of you?"

Edited by Twilight053

Halcyon looked at the Mag, shrugging,

"I've been conscious for a Millenia, ever since I was created, the grineer even existing is a testament to their overwhelming tenacity. They are stubborn, they do not change. You tenno, while you slept, others were left awake, I was forced to live billions of years, and of course, I watched them carefully. They have only recently created new of themselves, and that is their cycle, I'd give them a hundred thousand years before they come up with something new. I don't expect casualties on the squad, and if there are any, I will be disappointed." He said, and Natalia slapped him on the shoulder playfully.

"That would be so boring. I'm sure their incursions into the water have somewhat changed them."

"If it were up to me, all the water would be solid." Halcyon said, letting his tone lighten a little.

Natalia looked at the Mag, nodding her head in approval but wrinkling her nose when she saw the Paris. She made no comment however, and smiled in a (hopefully) friendly way.

"I'm Natalia, the Grump is Halcyon, and that guy over there is named after a gun. Lex or Something, I think." She said, mistaking Vasto's name on purpose.

"I see that almost everyone has gathered. Shall we begin?"

The words came stern and disturbingly cold, as Azrael faded into view upon one of the kneeling mats. His keen eyes masked behind his Visor scanned the Tenno before him. A Mirage, Frost Prime, Mag, and a particularly chatty Volt. One thing he immediately noted is that the team would be able to synergize well with one another, but the issue lies within their vastly differing personalities that may hamper the progress of the mission in store.

"Name's Azrael. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Edited by X3Evanescence

Halcyon grinned,

"Good, were all here. Now where do we go?" He asked, clasping his hands together and looking around at the team, A mirage, A Mag, A Volt, A Loki Prime, and what looked like a female Rhino.'Yep, this gonna be a bad one.' He thought, and said to the Rhino,

"Are you, female?" He asked, checking to make sure.

Edited by ultimatumcore

Halcyon grinned,

"Good, were all here. Now where do we go?" He asked, clasping his hands together and looking around at the team, A mirage, A Mag, A Volt, A Loki Prime, and what looked like a female Rhino.'Yep, this gonna be a bad one.' He thought, and said to the Rhino,

"Are you, female?" He asked, checking to make sure.

Within her helmet, Aegia could only chuckle. "If you'd like to note the absence of a codpiece, and a slightly larger breastplate, then I'm quite sure you can make that deduction on your own. But to save time, yes, I'm female, if my voice didn't already tip you off." She idly leaned on her Grineer jet hammer, the sheer weight of it being able to support the bulk of her frame as she waited.

"Are you female?" She simply asked, at least to keep the conversation going. Everyone here looked so serious, hopefully she can lighten the mood a bit.

Natalia looked at Halcyon worried, and curious, wondering if that might be the reason why he stayed away. Natalia waited for Halcyon to say something in his low voice, a sign of incoming death for sure. Instead, she watched, amazed, as he deactivated his helm. Both sides sliding back while the fan atop his head did the same, revealing ice blue eyes and blond hair. A pronounced and slightly unshaven chin. An intense masculinity evident in his every feature. He smiled, flashing teeth white as snow, but one replaced by gold.

"I can assure you. There are no doubts to my gender. I'm sorry if I offended you, however. I can be, volatile, and sometimes need to change my name to suit how I want to change. Now, for the last thousand years in fact, it has been Halcyon. Tranquility. That's a type f hammer I haven't seen in a while however, you any good with it?" He asked, also wanting to keep the conversation rolling

Natalia looked at Halcyon worried, and curious, wondering if that might be the reason why he stayed away. Natalia waited for Halcyon to say something in his low voice, a sign of incoming death for sure. Instead, she watched, amazed, as he deactivated his helm. Both sides sliding back while the fan atop his head did the same, revealing ice blue eyes and blond hair. A pronounced and slightly unshaven chin. An intense masculinity evident in his every feature. He smiled, flashing teeth white as snow, but one replaced by gold.

"I can assure you. There are no doubts to my gender. I'm sorry if I offended you, however. I can be, volatile, and sometimes need to change my name to suit how I want to change. Now, for the last thousand years in fact, it has been Halcyon. Tranquility. That's a type f hammer I haven't seen in a while however, you any good with it?" He asked, also wanting to keep the conversation rolling

She waved her hand dismissively, simply chuckling to herself. "No no you haven't offended me. I get it a lot." She blinked a few times within her helmet as he asked her about the hammer. "Am I any good with it? Pfff, of course I am! I wouldn't be carrying the near half-ton thing around with me if I didn't!" She let out a laugh and went back to leaning upon the hammer.

Ante was ticked, she quickly drew her Paris and shot an arrow right besides Halc's head, cutting the room and punctured the wall. "Close your helmet. I don't give a S#&$ about whatever is in there, nor does the Lotus," she warned violently, disgusted of his helmetless head before putting her Paris back.

Edited by Twilight053