Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] Operation: Aquam Epsilon

Kamal965

Aegia rolled her eyes within her helmet. This Mag was going to be a brick wall to her fun. She slung her Jat Kittag over her shoulder and took a few steps over to the wall, pulling the arrow free from the wall with ease and bending it to a right angle with her thumb. "As I was saying, Halcyon, I'm very skilled with this hammer, if that's what you're wondering." One could practically feel her smiling through her Vanguard helmet.

Halcyon took the arrow from Aegia, dropping it to the floor and giving the Mag her wish, closing his helmet and stepping up to the Mag, raising a hand as if to slap her, flipping his hand and holding Natalia back. Natalia growled, attempting to claw the Mag's eyes out with gauntlets of energy. She struggled for a moment, and Halcyon picked her up as she clawed and scratched anything she could reach, only his arm, as he held her at arms length. After a few seconds, she calmed, and Halcyon stepped closer, giving her a hug as she sniffled. She stepped away, turning and not looking at anyone. He retrieved the Mag's arrow. Holding it out and saying,

"You very nearly died, and have hurt someone deeply, I'm sorry about the head-nakedness if it bothered you that much. But please refrain from firing arrows any where near us, it might trigger a relapse, and I may not be close on hand to save you next time."

Edited by ultimatumcore

Vasto looked on as the arrow flew by, the Mag had her rant and the Mirage nearly tried to kill her. He sighed as he once again took out his Orokin Vasto, his piece of cloth and began shining the thing, although there was really no need to do so. He muttered something as he shone his gun, although he made it loud enough for people to hear.

"Looks like it's that time of the month"

As the arrow whistled past Halcyon's head, his hopes of being able to work together amicably died along with the passing wind. It wouldn't be an easy task getting these Tenno to bond, signs of hostility has already surfaced. Azrael paid no heed however, as he is here for the job, and for it to be completed is his highest priority. For that to happen he would need co-operation. With a sigh that is barely audible behind his helmet, he drew forth his Dakra Prime - Its beautiful curves and glinting Rubidium edge highlighting the peak of Orokin craftsmanship, proceeding to fondle the blade.

Taking out a small scrap of ferrite, Azrael rubbed it against the cutting edge of his weapon in an attempt to check out its sharpness. The blade slit the mineral into two like a hot knife through butter. Seemingly satisfied, he proceeded to shine his sword too, all the while contemplating how he should go about doing the mission, and how is he going to fix the dislike between each other and get them to co-operate. After all, Tenno are loyal only to themselves after all.

Edited by X3Evanescence

"That, Tenno, is for all of you to decide," a spectral voice suddenly called out in answer to Halcyon, as a hologram of the Lotus appeared in the center of the kneeling mats, "I'm currently too spread-thin with other operations to devise a plan to save an entire planet, and as such, it's up for all of you to decide on what course of action you will take." The Lotus paused for a moment before her figure was replaced with a spinning globe:

04062cf881.gif

"Intelligence has reported that the commanding officer of the invasion is Lieutenant Lich Kril - a name I am sure you all know well; however, no one knows his exact location. It seems that he is awaiting a Tenno incursion. Make sure to land before they can realize you're already there.

Deep within the high-peak mountains of Tharsis, surrounded by impressive natural defenses and Grineer-made turrets, lies their main headquarters; the vast majority of orders are issued from there. Destroying that will send the Grineer into disorder and chaos. The isles dotting the Phlegra Archipelago, on the other hand, have the refueling and restocking stations for their battleships and carriers - eliminate that and the Grineer's ships will fail. Detection systems are currently being built within the region of Kasei - if you are to eliminate, it will allow Tenno that wish to join you in the future safer access to the planet.

Lastly, the Grineer barracks and housing facilities are scattered all over the continent of Alba. Exterminating the Grineer in Alba will wipe out nearly eighty percent of the forces on Aquam Epsilon, but it would take a while as Alba is a very large place.

There are also excavation teams have been sent to both poles in search of ancient Orokin artifacts - whatever objective you choose to pursue, it is imperative that you take care of them! I dare not think of the consequences of the Grineer getting their hands on Orokin weaponry.

Consider this a test of trust, Tenno. Choose your objectives wisely, and keep in mind that not all of you need to go after the same objective - two or three teams would be best. Good luck."

As the Lotus spoke, regions on the globe were highlighted in time to their referencing. Surveying the Tenno before her, she spoke one last time, "Remember your history, Tenno. Always stay together - if you can't trust your own kin, then who can you trust?"

Edited by Kamal965

In a response to Halcyon's apology, she apologized back, "I'm sorry for my outburst." She stood up, strapping her Paris onto her body, "But please understand: I cannot forgive anyone embracing their sin", she said, taking her Akbroncos and Glaive with her.

Edited by Twilight053

Vasto stood up, and walked towards the globe hologram, rubbing his hands together in anticipation. He studied both the map and the Lotus's words before abruptly turning on his heel and heading for his ship.

"I call dibs on Phlegra Archi-whatever. Ras *whistles* come on girl, we're leaving"

A happy bark can be heard, followed by moving paws as Ras rushed to her master's side, decloaking in the process.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Halcyon looked at the Mag, shrugging, considering the extremist groups if tenno around, doubting she was one of them, and walking over to Natalia to console her. He knew it would be crying, he knew she would be dishonoring the strength of the tenno, but he knew she needed it.

"You could've been taken from me, and I wouldn't've been able to stop it. You could've died."

"Nah, we both know I'm way stronger than that." Halcyon said, and she almost grinned,

"No matter how strong you are, an arrow to the face will kill you."

"Probably be just a flesh wound." Halcyon said, patting Natalia's back and walking over to the globe. He regarded it carefully.

"It looks like the best thing to do would be to team up in sets of two and go after each objective, leaving behind intense ones for when we all finish those and team up. I'm sure I can take out the refueling stations if someone can stealthily keep the way clear." Halcyon said, and Natalia stepped forward.

"With a partner I could take on Amba and attempt to reduce the grineer forces." She said, coming to a stop next to Halcyon. She sounded fine, but her voice was hollow, and her resolve seemed ready to break. She now looked at the Mag,

"What do you mean, sin? Are you implying that there is some sort of god? Or simply stating that removing ones helmet is fundamentally immoral? Or, do you mean that you are ashamed of what your, and other tenno's, faces look like? Either way, I apologize, I need more control over myself." She said, the same hollow voice sounding after her personality changed with a pendulum swing. Halcyon looked at Vasto,

"Sorry mate, wrong guess, bipolar, not 'that time of the month'

Vasto waved his dismissivly, not bothering to turn around.

"Don't care, I'm gone. Good luck, don't get killed, blah blah blah, bye"

He stepped out of the room to the hanger which held his ship.

An elegant, state of the art, personalised Corpus all purpose Fighter ship.

(OOC: Think futuristic Corpus jet with a small area at the back for storage)

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Vasto stood before the ramp, looking as if he were expecting something to happen. Several seconds later he crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently. Several seconds more and he walked up to the ramp and began banging his fist against it.

"Nium, open up you Jackal." Vasto's only response was audible snoring coming from inside the ship.

With a huff, Vasto turned around, arms crossed, leaning against the unopened ramp door. He arched an eyebrow under his helmet at the sight of Halcyon following him, a presence to which Ras only growled at.

"So, what do you think your doing?"

Ante saw the Volt and the grump following the same group, presuming officially that they are the first team. "Really loved our big long talk, Vast. See you."

She turned to Natalie, "Natalie... is it?" She was staring at her for a short while, before she sighed, unable to answer her question. "Look, I know we're pretty rough on each other just now, but our mission is what's important right now. Will you come to Tharsis with me?" Said her as she opened her hangar.

Inside the hangar was her Liset, which is one of the earliest Liset designs, very little decoration were attached to the ship, and most noticeably is that no operators can be heard of.

(OoC: Starnsy, go right ahead and choose either me or ulti to follow. :3)

Edited by Twilight053

Decloaking in between Natalia and Ante without making a sound, Mia telepathically whispers to them,

"I will be accompanying you Natalia, wherever you may decide to go."

Before she finishes speaking, the cloak goes back up, and she just as silently moves away from where she stood.

Edited by souldrive11

The snoring from inside the ship was broken by a loud yawn, accompanied by hiss and clicks as the ramp slightly opened, going back to snoring after. Vasto sighed as he moved to the side of the ramp, stretched up his arms and began, slowly, physically forcing the ramp downwards, resulting in strain on his body, voice and helmeted face.

"As, you can see... there is... no need..."

Azrael thoroughly analysed the holographic map and the various objectives. Taking a few moments to allow him to formulate and prioritise the objectives, Azrael came to the decision that his task will lay in destroying the Detection Systems currently under construction in Kasei. From his logical point of view, crippling the Grineer's detection systems will hamper reinforcements from arriving by delaying the possibility of the entire planet itself going into high alert.

Azrael figured that attempting to kill the Grineer forces in Anba would be unwise to do first as it would only cause them to rally more reinforcements from the nearby sectors as the majority of Grineer forces are stationed there. Destroying the detection systems and presumably the communication comms will effectively delay reinforcements from arriving and buy more time for extermination.

Seeing that his comrades have already begun to search for partners, he wondered about who he should be paired with. Preferably one who shares the same mindset as him would do brilliantly. Saving the holographic globe into his UI memory, the Loki Prime, as meticulous as he is, double-checked his equipment, before heading to his Liset waiting for him at the hangar.

Edited by X3Evanescence

After a short stroll around the spinning hologram globe, Aegia closed her eyes and thought for a moment. Speaking to herself, she fiddled with her hammer and slung it over her shoulder again. "What good is a little construction without DEstruction to go with it?" She didn't care if there was a response, honestly. Her HUD flashed once, showing the helmeted faces of all her allies on this mission, and their choices, noting that a few had already partnered up with each other.

She pointed at Azrael, grinning under her helmet as she walked towards the Loki Prime. "Alright Mister Shiny, I'm with you. Think you can stand somebody that isn't quite as gleaming as you?"

Hearing those words, Azrael paused in his stride, before turning to face her. He possessed a piercing gaze hidden behind his helmet that seemed to measure the competency of anything that catches his eye, given his no-nonsense, calculating demeanour. Deeming her worthy, he turned once again to head for his Liset.

"Why, I would be glad to have some back-up."

His tone was one that showed satisfaction, yet it still had that unnervingly cold touch to it. Before he stepped into his Liset, he turned once more to face the female Rhino.

"Aegia, I presume? Here, have this. We would be able to have a form of communication while we are en route to our destination."

He threw a small object that greatly resembled an Orokin Void key, but far smaller. The device is able to project a holographic image that connects with others with the same device, an effective form of communication.

The Rhino caught the small device, turning it over within her palm, examining the object before nodding and attaching it to her waist. "Sounds good, I'll meet you there." Upon speaking those words, she pressed a few buttons on the inside of her wrist that called the Liset to her, it hovering in the hangar with its loading bay down. She stepped onto it and sat down on the edge, holding onto one of the poles that connected it to the ship and waving a goodbye to the few still in the hangar as her stealth ship began to take off.

Aegia stood and strolled up into the main cockpit of the ship as the bay closed, holding up the mini-orokin key. "You lead the way Azrael, I'll follow along."

Upon hearing the telepathic, estranged voice from the Nyx, Ante quickly hopped onto her Liset. "Well... Really ashamed of your sin, are you?" Said her, starting the engine and throttling the main thruster.

Inside the ship, she then opens the hologram globe of this planet, staring at it for a bit. "Okay, we are going to Tharsis to destroy those turrets. Get into your Liset and set up your coordinate."

Edited by Twilight053

As Ante was finishing up her sentence, Mia was by that time halfway flipped back on the rotating bottom hatch, with her still cloaked Liset already coasting out of the hanger and setting a course right behind Ante`s own ship.

"Operator, the planet`s topography and geopgraphy has been uploaded to the bridge and to your own HUD. The hull has been pressure sealed and ready for any possible underwater excursions."

"Well done. Keep an eye out on both Natalia`s and Ante`s ships.", she whispers mentally as she decloakes sitting crossed legged on the bridge with Raviente snuggled up beside her. "If anything happens to either of them, I want to know about it immediately."

Edited by souldrive11