Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dat! Kubrow!

scavenge

Honestly guys and gals at DE, I was not going to get into Kubrows because they're costly (in credits of which I own 17.5m). But this thing's so cute, after I'm done with this quest I will probably try not to let it die.

Well done, I know it's just pixels and soundbytes but maaaaaaaaaaaan, cuuuuuuuuute xD

"scavenger is excited to see you" (with a huge smile on its face)

Hilarious!

Edited by scavenge

Wait till you use them in combat....

Kubrows dont belong in this game at all imo.

I've seen them from others and I would agree, it's another part of why I wasn't going to get into them. But now it's too late, dat expecting smile of dat thingy, aww *I melted*.

I've seen them from others and I would agree, it's another part of why I wasn't going to get into them. But now it's too late, dat expecting smile of dat thingy, aww *I melted*.

SO MUCH THIS. I'm exactly on the same boat--I didn't want to get a Kubrow, I still don't understand the whole point of breeding and genetic doodad of Kubrows, but once I saw that Kubrow pup wake up and roll around ohgadrightinthekokoro

I know I shouldn't have done it. I knew it'd enslave my soul forever once I hit that incubate button. What have you done, DE?! Thank you!

Nothing belongs in this game, to you, save for coptering.

That aint true at all lol

This game is awesome, fav game ever don't get me wrong, but kubrows I don't understand that move, looks completely out of place and they CANT KILL ANYTHING BEFORE I DO or follow me around or not be in the way... so to me they are useless and ugly.

Coptering tho that is the best thing ever ! =D but I won't derail this topic more.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

SO MUCH THIS. I'm exactly on the same boat--I didn't want to get a Kubrow, I still don't understand the whole point of breeding and genetic doodad of Kubrows, but once I saw that Kubrow pup wake up and roll around ohgadrightinthekokoro

I know I shouldn't have done it. I knew it'd enslave my soul forever once I hit that incubate button. What have you done, DE?! Thank you!

I probably wouldn't even have started incubation if stasis didn't exist, I do not want to be enslaved to anything on this planet (yet I still am to certain things, that flesh...).

I don't see how an attack dog that bites enemies in half doesn't belong in this game.

I'm thinking all you've seen are low-level kubrows that aren't modded yet. A well-modded kubrow has more HP/Shields than your entire team combined, oneshots heavies, and depending on breed can do a bunch of useful things (especially Raksa, with its shield restore and fear abilities)

I don't see how an attack dog that bites enemies in half doesn't belong in this game.

I'm thinking all you've seen are low-level kubrows that aren't modded yet. A well-modded kubrow has more HP/Shields than your entire team combined, oneshots heavies, and depending on breed can do a bunch of useful things (especially Raksa, with its shield restore and fear abilities)

Agreed. My little big boy often kicks more @$$ than me <3

Mine turned out to be a Huras, guess I'm gonna just stay with it as I fell in love with my little scavenger before even being able to use it xD

But I would've probably preferred a Sahasa because I'm totaly not into stealth.

Anyways, for the looks alone Huras is my alltime winner already.

Thats cool, good for you if you like them, but my fully moded kubrow couldn't kill anything before me, it couldn't even get to the enemy before it was dead...

All 4 are in stasis for ever...

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Thats cool, good for you if you like them, but my fully moded kubrow couldn't kill anything before me, it couldn't even get to the enemy before it was dead...

Just from what I've seen from others while ingame I understand your point of view. It was pretty much my view aswell, but I will certainly use it, sometimes also just cause I can, not because it will be the best thing ever.

I also hope they upgrade its AI over time as I've read alot of stupid things about their AI, such as standing infront of you while shooting explosives.

Edit: On another note, nothing will ever really replace my vacuum cleaning sentinel in the long run.

Edited by scavenge

Mine turned out to be a Huras, guess I'm gonna just stay with it as I fell in love with my little scavenger before even being able to use it xD

But I would've probably preferred a Sahasa because I'm totaly not into stealth.

Anyways, for the looks alone Huras is my alltime winner already.

Nah not really man. Huras can do as much as a Sahasa, or Sunika can do + stealth insurance when it senses an enemy nearby. I don't bring Sentinels anymore unless my Kubrow is waiting for defrosting

That aint true at all lol

This game is awesome, fav game ever don't get me wrong, but kubrows I don't understand that move, looks completely out of place and they CANT KILL ANYTHING BEFORE I DO or follow me around or not be in the way... so to me they are useless and ugly.

Coptering tho that is the best thing ever ! =D but I won't derail this topic more.

I guess you didn't go any further than a rank 10 Kubrow with no reactor installed. I have to compete kills with my Kubrow in T4 whether it's a Huras or Raksa or Sahasa; those little sweethearts saved me on many occasions. Fyi, I have a Brakk that can 1 hit most mobs in T4 and Quanta that can clear a group in less than 3sec

Edited by cyril1204

Just from what I've seen from others while ingame I understand your point of view. It was pretty much my view aswell, but I will certainly use it, sometimes also just cause I can, not because it will be the best thing ever.

I also hope they upgrade its AI over time as I've read alot of stupid things about their AI, such as standing infront of you while shooting explosives.

Yeah thats one thing...

I guess they can be fun for a little while on places like earth and low lvl missions watching them do their thing just for laughs, but for maximum damage ill stick with sentinels for now until they can have mounted guns :D

There's no possible way a "fully modded kubrow couldn't kill anything" or that it "couldn't even get to the enemy before it was dead". You're lying, as it's impossible for what you say to be true. There is NO PLACE IN THE GAME where enemies spawn at a high enough level from the start to take out a fully-modded kubrow before it can get to them.

Yeah thats one thing...

I guess they can be fun for a little while on places like earth and low lvl missions watching them do their thing just for laughs, but for maximum damage ill stick with sentinels for now until they can have mounted guns :D

The damage capabilities of kubrows can far exceed those of Sentinels, and they have much more survivability as well.

Edited by GrapplerBot

I main my kubrow all the time now, i take her in every mission no matter the difficulty. She's a raksa btw, she's not even formaed and don't have the crit mod yet. Besides the cuteness, she kills things easy, and her cc helps a lot. Carrier is gathering dust waiting to be recycled by Ordis :p

I guess you didn't go any further than a rank 10 Kubrow with no reactor installed. I have to compete kills with my Kubrow in T4 whether it's a Huras or Raksa or Sahasa; those little sweethearts saved me on many occasions

I think part of it is because I am very very parkour oriented when I play, poor kubrow can't keep up, half the time I don't know where he is. To me they are a nuisance more than help, even other kubrows distract me because they look so out of place.

There's no possible way a "fully modded kubrow couldn't kill anything" or that it "couldn't even get to the enemy before it was dead". You're lying, as it's impossible for what you say to be true. There is NO PLACE IN THE GAME where enemies spawn at a high enough level from the start to take out a fully-modded kubrow before it can get to them.

The damage capabilities of kubrows can far exceed those of Sentinels, and they have much more survivability as well.

I meant enemy is dead (by me) before kubrow can reach it, sorry bad english.

My max stinger kills 10x more stuff  than my kubrow could ever dream of.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that Kubrow may not be very usefull depending on how you play.

I can see most of the points you bring up Tr1ples1xer.

But one thing's for sure, I'll use this thingy, every now and again, just cause I can xD

Also WF is constantly being updated, so saying "in stasis forever" is possibly not too accurate.

I have 3 Kubrow and I'm still maintaining my 3 mil credits..what is the issue

Yeah, as I've seen it's smile I was like fk it, screw the creds. Honestly, it gives me something to blow some creds on if anything at this point. But it was just one of the ways I justified not using it (and there's logic behind it from that viewpoint).

As others have said aswell I do agree that Kubrows don't actually even truly fit the game.

Anyways, I like it overall and will be using it from time to time. It did change my mind a little and that's ok.

Yeah, as I've seen it's smile I was like fk it, screw the creds. Honestly, it gives me something to blow some creds on if anything at this point. But it was just one of the ways I justified not using it (and there's logic behind it from that viewpoint).

As others have said aswell I do agree that Kubrows don't actually even truly fit the game.

Anyways, I like it overall and will be using it from time to time. It did change my mind a little and that's ok.

Remember R-Type?  Remember how the R-Type's had little machinery that would orbit around the R-Type and assist in battle? 

Slap some metal on the Kubrow > Kick them into space with our ArchWing > Have them assist us in space.  Boom now Kubrow serve a purpose.  

Because lets face it.....in ground battle...they are close to useless......They are beefy Sentinels with weak weaponry...that are cute looking.....I haven't even used the Bite mod yet and my Kubrow still holds its own...but in reality...it's really doing nothing...specially when I'm with a Nova/Mirage team....

On a sidenote.....Sahasa Kubrow could use a AI tweak........I feel they should target Enemy Generals and kill them before anyone else....that would greatly improve the usage of the Sahasa Kubrow.........when I run a Infested Pluto DEF...and we're at wave 20....the disruptor generals are a pain in the $#$%# and I wish my Sahasa would lock on to them first