Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The G3 Are Ridiculous.

Ace4225

Before I begin, let me say this is NOT meant to be taken as a complaint thread. This is a serious evaluation of the Grustrag Three as I have experienced them in the game. [but for the sake of short attention spans, I will still try to keep this one short and simple]

They're.. well... ridiculous, for several reasons:

1. They don't spawn often enough [any more].

The last time I got their threat message, it was almost three months before I took my last break from the game. During that time, I played EVERY SINGLE invasion, ALWAYS siding with Corpus [i want the Brakk. lol]. And NOT ONCE did the G3 appear.

2. When they are defeated [after they FINALLY spawn], their rewards are pathetic.

I'd say about 7 out of 10 times I fought them and beat them, I got a Fusion Core. The last 3 out of 10 times, I'd get a Hell's Chamber. I'd heard people say that they got Natural Talent, but I didn't even see that. Out of the dozen or so times I've personally faced them and won, I've only gotten 1 Brakk part.

Why is that ridiculous? The Zanuka Hunter has a 100% drop chance for at least one Detron part and spawns more often than the G3 [or so it seems.]. And while he's not guaranteed to drop something, the Stalker [wait.. who?] can drop mods AS WELL AS blueprints instead of only one or the other.

3. The loss risk is odd.

Despite the game's typical pace, the G3 are remarkably challenging to fight [which is cool and doesn't really need adjusting], which makes beating them all the more rewarding. But losing to them only results in having to build yet another blueprint that draws upon the infinite crafting stores of the Tenno.

When you lose to Zanuka Hunter, you actually have to recover your Warframe on your own in a special mission. That's creative and interesting. The "Grineer Restraining Bolt" is not.

I just came back to the game after taking a couple months off, and I finally just fought the G3 again today. And it reminded me that I wanted to make this post.

Edited by Ace4225

I'd like it if they were aggressive about appearing as Stalker seems to be, and dropped parts like Harvester does (even if it was a randomized mission-result screen type thing).  I've been marked for two months.  Haven't gotten a single spawn.  Brakk is the only weapon I don't have nowadays, and the "farming" for it is just so silly... since they've never spawned in "hours" of farming.

I hear ya. I just got attacked by the G3 yesterday and i can't even remember when i was marked. The bolt is rather bland since the release bp is so easy to build. Now if you had to get some "special" release components that be slightly better.

Edit: Also i've tried to farm them fro the Brakk in the past nothing, and this time after so long ive gotten the Brakk BP. Woohoo *sarcasm*

Edited by Keiga150

On the subject of the spawn rate... it is kinda ridiculous if you think about it.  Stalker is one guy - a single person.  He personally threatens you when you kill a boss... and there are tons of those.  He shows up reliably despite having tons and tons of Tenno to attack.  If anything, one person should be spread really thin.  Also, he doesn't have anyone to be accountable to - he could carry out the hits whenever.  He's his own boss after all.

Compare that to G3.  They have a boss (Vay Hek) who has explicitly ordered a hit on you.  You would think there'd be some urgency around executing their only job.  Instead, you can go months (is that in-game years?) without them ever showing up at all.  WORST ASSASSINS EVER.

Yeah my cousin's last mark by G3 was months ago and they just spawned yesterday on a low level Rescue mission as we were helping a brand new player.

We barely beat them and got Hell's Chamber, Natural Talent and the Brakk blueprint. So the new player is pretty set if they can get the other Brakk parts.

Yeah my cousin's last mark by G3 was months ago and they just spawned yesterday on a low level Rescue mission as we were helping a brand new player.

We barely beat them and got Hell's Chamber, Natural Talent and the Brakk blueprint. So the new player is pretty set if they can get the other Brakk parts.

On that note, I've had the Brakk Blueprint since May, but I haven't seen a single part since.