Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Solution To The Credit Problem

Xrylene

We all know Tolstoj farming is going to get nerfed, and that both the time and risk for farming earlier missions is lower. Presumably, DE will want to fix this, and I have a proposal as to how.

The new credit reward system would be based off of the level range of enemies within the mission, in my suggestion it is based off of the minimum. The formula is ((Level Minimum * 100) + 1000), this means that for a level 1 mission, such as Terminus, it will reward 1100 credits, Gradivus on Mars with it's minimum level of 8 would give 1800 credits, Abbadon on Europa would give 2500 credits, and Acheron on Pluto would give 4500 credits. This would also apply to defense missions, where the current level of enemies determines the credit reward you would obtain if you got extracted, which does mean some potentially high rewards, but also means a long time spent to get to some of the higher amounts.

Additionally, money only Alerts could get an extra 25% bonus, meaning that for an Alert with level 20 enemies, instead of the normal 3000, you would get 3750, making it more efficient than equivalent level missions.

Of course, alongside this Vor and his Cronus would need to be nerfed, possibly to the point where it has no value, but by making the credit sources elsewhere worth it, I'm sure none of you would miss him.

This seems like an awesome idea. Maybe the amount of credits from pickups could also scale with the level as well, the drops from enemies with their individual level, and those from lootables scale like the reward? Something like ((Level*10)+100) or (Level*100) might work.

This seems like an awesome idea. Maybe the amount of credits from pickups could also scale with the level as well, the drops from enemies with their individual level, and those from lootables scale like the reward? Something like ((Level*10)+100) or (Level*100) might work.

I had a similar thought after making the thread, at the very least the credits from lockers, enemies, and boxes/barrels should scale to a similar formula, and probably not be random. What I mean is, when the level is generated x% of lockers and boxes/barrels should have y credits based off of the level, possibly with affinity scaling as well. Similarly, every x kills should result in y credit drops. This same sort of concept could be applied to resources, mod drops, and the like, and could enhance the game by making it less based off of randomness, and more based off of exploration and kills rather than luck.

For the resource drops themselves, I had plans to suggest one unique resource per planet, guaranteed drops for certain accomplishments and/or missions(such as gaining a few of that rare resource upon completing all missions in that region), as well as an expansion of the crafting system.

+1 OP

I think this is a GREAT idea and I sincerely hope DE_Steve sees this thread

I could see the Cronus BP either being reduced to 1k credits and drop 50% of the time, or keep it at 100% drop (for early upgrades) and reduce it to 100 credits

as far as the credits from lockers goes, personally I'd like to see the Loot Radar somehow buff the amount of credits that you receive during a mission from drops, but this might be difficult to implement

Guest Quazer

This is a nice idea, but consider this (personal example) :

I could just take a loki with a fully upgraded Invisibility and a power time increasing mod,

and just waltz my way to the end of a mission in pluto when the objective is easy, for example, a capture mission.

done, 4500 credits.

I suggest - only give this reward if at least half the enemies are killed.

Oh man. This idea. I approve very much. I admit i have been farming Vor for his blueprints (Sorry, but its the most effective and time unconsuming? way.)

This would make things go SOOOO SO SO Much smoother, and then there wont be some massive line up for Vor, but instead people go to the harder and more challenging ones for a better reward. This idea, I swear should be applied. NOW.

Good concept, I'd extend it a bit and add objective rewards. As it is, some missions are more popular than others (I'm sure DE has their internal statistics on this).

I'm pretty sure this is different for some people, for me I'd say Spy/Rescue missions are the least popular, and straight kill missions (not defense) the most popular.

So, for example, give no additional rewards for the kill missions, maybe 200 credits for each data unit recovered, 300 for a prisoner you took, 500 for a saved hostage. (This could possibly scale with minimal level like your concept?).

This way, missions that get additional objectives on-the-fly are actually a good thing to happen, instead of "oh great, now this takes even longer".

An excellent suggestion that, while it has been said before, deserves to be said again.

Get rid of Vor/Tolstoj as the only effecient way to farm.

And, if it's not already implemented, increase the amount of credit drops from lockers/crates in systems of higher level enemies. Give us a reason to want to look for lockers.

Xrylene, on 19 Apr 2013 - 1:35 PM, said:

We all know Tolstoj farming is going to get nerfed, and that both the time and risk for farming earlier missions is lower. Presumably, DE will want to fix this, and I have a proposal as to how.

The new credit reward system would be based off of the level range of enemies within the mission, in my suggestion it is based off of the minimum. The formula is ((Level Minimum * 100) + 1000), this means that for a level 1 mission, such as Terminus, it will reward 1100 credits, Gradivus on Mars with it's minimum level of 8 would give 1800 credits, Abbadon on Europa would give 2500 credits, and Acheron on Pluto would give 4500 credits. This would also apply to defense missions, where the current level of enemies determines the credit reward you would obtain if you got extracted, which does mean some potentially high rewards, but also means a long time spent to get to some of the higher amounts.

Additionally, money only Alerts could get an extra 25% bonus, meaning that for an Alert with level 20 enemies, instead of the normal 3000, you would get 3750, making it more efficient than equivalent level missions.

Of course, alongside this Vor and his Cronus would need to be nerfed, possibly to the point where it has no value, but by making the credit sources elsewhere worth it, I'm sure none of you would miss him.

+10 Rational, sanity saving vision! Number 2 make it so!

Xrylene, on 19 Apr 2013 - 2:13 PM, said:

I had a similar thought after making the thread, at the very least the credits from lockers, enemies, and boxes/barrels should scale to a similar formula, and probably not be random. What I mean is, when the level is generated x% of lockers and boxes/barrels should have y credits based off of the level, possibly with affinity scaling as well. Similarly, every x kills should result in y credit drops. This same sort of concept could be applied to resources, mod drops, and the like, and could enhance the game by making it less based off of randomness, and more based off of exploration and kills rather than luck.

For the resource drops themselves, I had plans to suggest one unique resource per planet, guaranteed drops for certain accomplishments and/or missions(such as gaining a few of that rare resource upon completing all missions in that region), as well as an expansion of the crafting system.

+1

Mfne, on 19 Apr 2013 - 4:34 PM, said:

Good concept, I'd extend it a bit and add objective rewards. As it is, some missions are more popular than others (I'm sure DE has their internal statistics on this).

I'm pretty sure this is different for some people, for me I'd say Spy/Rescue missions are the least popular, and straight kill missions (not defense) the most popular.

So, for example, give no additional rewards for the kill missions, maybe 200 credits for each data unit recovered, 300 for a prisoner you took, 500 for a saved hostage. (This could possibly scale with minimal level like your concept?).

This way, missions that get additional objectives on-the-fly are actually a good thing to happen, instead of "oh great, now this takes even longer".

+1 I have noticed a small percentage do not seem to have Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder and don't mind taking a bit slower to explore but also get rewarded for it instead of have to finish this in exactly 654 seconds or I leave!

My 2 cents is that the result table after a mission should have rewards directly attached to all stats kills:10creds, headshots:100creds, revives:200creds, ability use: 200creds, modules: 300creds etc. as credit rewards with a +100% bonus to the best results

Along with this, why not implement a new system for ? Alerts along with the current one?

DFO had a hells party mechanic where parties that completed dungeons would fill an orb that would give a chance of a hell party in that map. Beating the instanced bosses that spawn in the hell party give super rare drops. This could be applied to warframe groups who farm or play together a lot. As they complete missions, there could be a gauge that fills so that there's an increased chance that completing that mission will open up an ? Alert specifically for that group.

+1 OP

I think this is a GREAT idea and I sincerely hope DE_Steve sees this thread

I could see the Cronus BP either being reduced to 1k credits and drop 50% of the time, or keep it at 100% drop (for early upgrades) and reduce it to 100 credits

as far as the credits from lockers goes, personally I'd like to see the Loot Radar somehow buff the amount of credits that you receive during a mission from drops, but this might be difficult to implement

not really needed. the second closest thing is probably m-prime with 1000 credits + 1 mod for a 2 minute run which is the second highest "income" right now. so you could reduce cronus to 1k credits and that would already probably stop farmers as m-prime is shorter, doesn't have a boss, and requires 0 kills.

If not this idea, something similar would be greatly appreciated. There is little to no reward for doing challenging missions over less challenging missions except for maybe number of enemies and therefore number of mods dropped or something, but that's not much of a reward if you're looking for credits.

I'd also like to see some credit multipliers or something for certain "achievements" if possible too. How about completing a mission without an alert? That's surely difficult enough to do, why not give a bonus for things like that?

Edited by BlueCremeSoda