Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rail Pvp Without Ult. Spamming

Phonxi

In my opinion, the reason why rail PvP is as horrible as it is now is because people spam their 4 too much. From the Ash that spam Blade storm to the Valkyr that spam Hysteria people like that alway take the fun out of these conflict.

Now, aside from Ash's Blade storm the other frame's 4 can be work around in some degree, however, for me and most people going into a PvP match mean that we face real people to test our skills and our mastery of the warframes so you can see how annoying it is to get kill without away to fight back because your opponent's build.

My solution for this problem is to make the 4th ability only available in PvE. The removal of these ability will force people to diversify their builds and use skills instead of using cheap tactic like Blade storm+fleeting expertise as a crutch also this will free up time for Scott and his team to move from trying to fix Blade storm to making some necessary change to other frames.

tl:dr 4th abilities should be remove from rail PvP.

Ps: these are only my opinion and feedback taken from my Rail conflict experience compare to the conclave matches with my clan mate that I really enjoy. please keep it civil.

-snip-

If ultimates are removed, I forsee the next big complaint to be: Shurikens, Black energy cloak, Iron skin, Smite spam, Lightning spam, energy vampire, bastille, and link - just to name a few. Furthermore, this will make certain frames very weak: Nyx, nekros, and excalibre - also to name a few.

This is a can of worms I would rather not open, OP. Why not just focus on existing counters? 

Melee has been by far the most frustrating thing.

Guns are apparently overated.

If you are not good at aiming, you go melee - It is also the easy solution for someone who is close and hard to hit with your gun. 

Red

Edit: add me if you want me to share some of the goodies. 

Edited by REDHOOOD

^^ what he said.

You remove 4th abilities, people are going to stick to Shuriken, Invisibility, Iron Skin, Bastille, and a bunch of other stupid abilities. I think the best solution is to remove energy efficiency so abilities wouldn't be as spammable.

^^ what he said.

You remove 4th abilities, people are going to stick to Shuriken, Invisibility, Iron Skin, Bastille, and a bunch of other stupid abilities. I think the best solution is to remove energy efficiency so abilities wouldn't be as spammable.

No, as that removes an entire dimension of gameplay. Just nerf the effectiveness of the abilities - that will work far better than just taking away Power Efficiency, which would just mean that the entire match is all bullets flying and nothing special happening. Personally, I find that both boring and not what I signed up for in Warframe. People use their abilities when the guns won't cut it or they just want to do something different.

I love gunplay, but not when it's on its lonesome. If I wanted that, I would play an FPS.

No, as that removes an entire dimension of gameplay. Just nerf the effectiveness of the abilities - that will work far better than just taking away Power Efficiency, which would just mean that the entire match is all bullets flying and nothing special happening. Personally, I find that both boring and not what I signed up for in Warframe. People use their abilities when the guns won't cut it or they just want to do something different.

I love gunplay, but not when it's on its lonesome. If I wanted that, I would play an FPS.

You need to be a little bit more specific with this nerf you have in mind. How would you nerf abilities like Hysteria, Bastille, Blade Storm, and other OP abilities? Nerfing them too little would mean that nothing really changed. Nerfing them too much and then they would become pretty useless and gunplay would be prominent.

Do you know the state of gameplay as it is right now? Press 3 or 4 to win. A Vauban can trap your team in your spawn with Bastille forever and his teammate can beat you easily. Ash can go around killing everything. And even with this nerf in place, they can keep spamming it to get the results that they want. Removing efficiency only means that abilities are 4x as less spammable. Let's face it, ability spammability is one of the biggest problems in the game, but it's more obvious in PvP.

• 2 weeks later...