Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Block ...actually Work At All?

Jaon

In melee it prevent from being stunned. Usefull when you can't react on stealthy attacker or when you simply can't deal with massive charger rush.

And yes, it reduce about 50-60% of ranger damage in cost of stamina. There is no much use of it, but when you play in team one can take fire on self, while someone taking down enemies one by one.

Guest Quazer

I haven't changed it's binding,

and when I got my Logitech G400 which has side buttons,

I noticed that in Warframe the Back button is the default block

it's actually quite comfortable.

kinda weird how they blocks the bullet, but still taking damage, should have penaltized stamina instead so it would promote high stamina melee users

If blocking can block all incoming bullets, it'd be insanely OP. Moreover, it's even weirder when you got hit and your stamina reduced instead of shield/health.

If blocking can block all incoming bullets, it'd be insanely OP. Moreover, it's even weirder when you got hit and your stamina reduced instead of shield/health.

Would be funny to see people using max stam+ stam regen over max shield+ shield regen or HP. Wouldn't really make sense to stand there and tank bullets from holding a button, not to mention having to face  the right direction.

Would be nice if a defensive skill like blocking could be used to regain 'energy' instead of always having to fret about ever little bit of your abilities cost and spending.

A represented defense skill for blocking to improve damage mitigation or something like 'Tenno TIme!' (Yeah I went there!) to unleash the inner ninja. "Tenno. Your focus is unmatched. Skills unrivaled and you will be untouched at the end of this skirmish."

The thing is, the block mechanic could have been balanced by block being imperfect. Or by blocking costing stamina whenever you use it. Or by blocking costing stamina every time you get hit. Any single one of these would have made it balanced, because while you're blocking you're not shooting back or maneuvering, and you're (obviously) exposed to enemy fire.

The problem is they decided to put in all three weaknesses, which makes it incredibly useless.

The thing is, the block mechanic could have been balanced by block being imperfect. Or by blocking costing stamina whenever you use it. Or by blocking costing stamina every time you get hit. Any single one of these would have made it balanced, because while you're blocking you're not shooting back or maneuvering, and you're (obviously) exposed to enemy fire.

The problem is they decided to put in all three weaknesses, which makes it incredibly useless.

Blocking works only for rushing into melee range. You don't use block to attack enemies from far range, that is done using cover. Edited by matrixEXO

Blocking works only for rushing into melee range. You don't use block to attack enemies from far range, that is done using cover.

Blocking doesn't work for that either, because it drains stamina precipitously fast, and you need that stamina for sprinting.

I could either block... or I could sprint and cover the distance faster, taking less damage anyways.

And the fact that you can't shoot back while blocking is actually important, because taking guys out of the picture also reduces incoming damage.

Blocking doesn't work for that either, because it drains stamina precipitously fast, and you need that stamina for sprinting.

I could either block... or I could sprint and cover the distance faster, taking less damage anyways.

And the fact that you can't shoot back while blocking is actually important, because taking guys out of the picture also reduces incoming damage.

Dude, I block WHILE sprinting in my Volt. If you can't do that, learn to. And get that Stamina Recharge. Helps to migitate most problems.

EDIT: Also, melee attacking while having guard up works as well (it starts the stamina regeneration effect for a short while before it restarts draining and with a decently leveled Stamina Recharge mod, you can recharge your stamina more than it is being drained). I kind of like the block-attack animation of Furax since you always see one hand up as guarded.

Edited by matrixEXO

You can block while sliding FYI. I use to for approaching people down hills while only using stamina for blocking.

Time to take marathon mod into account when building your frame. Ability to shoot and blocking at the same time would be riot shield's function. Parry/block function is a method for melee-centric players to approach the target while lower the risk of getting themselves killed in the process.

It's offensive technique, not a defensive one.

However, it could be improved in many aspects.

Would be funny to see people using max stam+ stam regen over max shield+ shield regen or HP. Wouldn't really make sense to stand there and tank bullets from holding a button, not to mention having to face  the right direction.

I got bored and started to mod my ASH with all of them.. max shield+reg AND max stam+reg

and i am still not blocking at all lol