Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Lotus Needs To Tell New Players How Affinity Sharing Works

Fubukin

We all surely agree that one of the biggest gripes in the community is the issue of hallway heroes.

Now, I've been brainstorming this with my clan a bit.

Imagine this: The game registers how far away the individual players are. Determines the main group by how close to the objective they are and then Lotus reminds the other ones to stick together.

Especially on missions where there is no reason to stray away from the objective (MD, Def), Lotus spouting "Stick together, Tenno. Be smart, let the enemies come to you." or something like that would be insanely helpful, especically for newer players.

Imagine this: The tutorial teaches you how affinity sharing works.

Or, easy fix: Add a bit of information to the Codex.Training about how affinity works, concerning it's range, it's sharing, it's distribution amongst your gear, etc.

I have 3 main friends I play with, which are also clanmates, and each of them play differently, one likes to encourage everyone else to stick together, one likes to hide in a corner where he's "safe" because he can't stand anywhere beyond 5mins in a survival, and the other runs around, also trying to stick with everyone. I like to try and encourage everyone to stick together, but try to stay near the objective.

Edit: True story, and one sometimes can't get along with another because they don't follow the objective, it gets quite annoying sometimes, but it doesn't happen often.

Edited by DerpF1sh

Yes I find it stupid that so many details about the game are left to the wiki to explain. It really gets on my nerves when a player asks a question and some jackass tells he/she to go read the wiki and that they are a noob. In this case the details left unexplained is affinity share. In other cases its problems like planet progression or the certain buffs/debuffs dealt by stances to melee weapons amongst several others that dont come to mind right now.

Edited by Shreiko

Lotus dont need to tell em about affinity share it should work like battlefield if you run out of map or in this case to far away from the team min2 ppl a timer starts and the timer hit zero a dmg tick starts... >.>

Cause hell you can lotus or the codex tell what you want the ppl basicly dont read it anyways cause "its just an other stupid tut i know how shooters works!!!"

ppl still dont get warframe for what it is a instances based mmotps and not a basic tps >.>

same goes for things like modding crafting all is explained in the game but ppl dont use it to learn they just as every single dip.

so a hard solution is needed cause even player who knows it give a F***  thats it