Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love To Learn The Lore

Thierwyn

I was kinda curious about the official lore of this game

1. What exactly are the warframes? Are they some Techno-organic biosuits like the Guyver, or some biologically created race of super warriors?

2. What is the origin of the Tenno? Was there a warframe named Tenno who was the first of the current Warframes?

3. What happened to Earth? What year is it now?

4. Were the Orokin some ancient race found by Earth and adapted their technology?

I'd love to know more so if anyone has any info on it, I'd love to find out. I wanted to do some fanfiction myself, but I didn't know what the lore of the game is about to make the story accurate.

ok

the Orokin Era refers to a period in time (history ingame)

Orokin technology is stuff FROM that time and even though it is from the past in relation to the current ingame present, it is more advanced technology than much of what the corpus/grineer have (much has been lost throughout the eons)

the Tenno is the name for the users of the Warframes, they are from the Orokin Era, a time where they were a warrior based culture reminiscent of the samurai of Japan (WF = space ninjas, ninjas =/= samurai, ya i know, whatevs), they are futuristic humans, probably genetically/technologically modified/enhanced

currently ingame it is in the FAR FUTURE, even the Orokin Era is/was in the FAR FUTURE (think WH40K type future)

the Tenno, Grineer, and the Corpus are all humanoid and likely all some variants of humanity that have taken different paths

the Tenno that we are playing ingame have all been in cryosleep for centuries/millennia, when they awaken to a solar system largely controlled by 3 warring factions (the corruption and decaying grineer empire, the manipulative corpus conglomerate, and the infected virus)

the Tenno seek to find and secure orokin tech, because they consider it theirs

the Warframes themselves are suits of biotech armor that integrate with the wearer and enhance and gift the user many abilities

the frames are sex specific, thus there are no female Tenno Excaliburs

it is unknown currently if there are multiple Rhinos or there is just one Rhino and he is a specific individual being played by multiple players, for example there are two variants to Excalibur (reg and prime), and it stands to reason that Excal Prime is seperate from standard Excal

this is pretty much all we know so far

Tenno is the surname of the protagonist in Dark Sector (the game DE) made few years ago.

You can read here about the creation of Warframe (which originally was envisioned as Dark Sector) :

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/closing-digital-extreme-s-psychic-wound/1100-4555/

They might have some connection :

- Adaptation of the techno virus, to create warframes

- Hayden Tenno being the first (Warframe)

- Earth being overrun due to the techno virus.

- etc...

Or maybe it is absolutely different universe, just wait for official statements.

Also there will be some info when update 8 comes.

Patience is a virtue.

Edited by Depesh

Interesting...so Hayden Tenno in Dark sector was infected with a Technocyte virus...one mentioned in the game as well...and it spread into making a glaive like weapon...eventually he must become the first warframe, a result of the technocyte virus completely infecting his body. Something about Tenno created a sort of Bushido type of teaching that caused the creation of the other Tenno, named after him as the first one. The Infected are probably like the creatures he fought in dark sector only evolved through mutation of the virus.

The Grineer and the Corpus though are something I don't get.