Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Apparent Memory Leak

Llyssa

Did 9 missions tonight.

Each one was getting cumulatively worse and worse frame rate loss, until the 9th, which completely crashed my computer.

Did some on regular tilesets(helping people unlock event nodes) and some event nodes.

The new build appears to be leaking memory, badly, somehow.

EDIT: For reference, I use the "optimize" button immediately after I finish downloading every new update, and this happened after today's update(and after my optimize).

EDIT 2: Currently have hit 2 BSoD from playing multiple missions in a row without restarting the client. Restarting the client regularly seems to keep it from happening, but that really should not be a requirement.

Edited by Llyssa

i have noticed a graphical memory leak after the last update (the one before todays)

after playing for 2 or 3 hours (not that many missions for me) it seems like my 1GB of DDR5 on my memory card gets full and procedes to stay full, i do lose a bit of performance.

also, after i enabled physX the first time i load the solar map in ordis my warframe freezes (graphically) for 15seconds up to 2 or 3 minutes

Yeah, that was one thing I noticed on a stat check between missions--I was at over 1GB ram for the game too, despite being on the liset.

Haven't had it happen again yet, but I've been resetting the game occasionally to avoid the chance of it.

Fun update: I just BSoDed in mid-mission.

So either my computer is experiencing a horrible error that just coincidentally started after the first time I played 14.8, or there's some serious bad juju going on with the build.

I'll see about sending EE.logs to support... =(

This game has a lot of poorly done graphics and screwups covered by pretty lights and bad optimization, sure its better than it was before, but its still bad, expect your performance to go up and down. Id recommend checking just in case you have windows 8 to check its not the usual memory leak. after that check to see CPU usage, the multi cpu option in warframe is a joke and specially for people with windows 8 you will mostly see cpu usage between 7-15%. 

Windows 7.

Also, fun fact: BSoD again. =(

The weird part is *where* it BSoDs. Not during heavy graphical phases, or particle-rich environments. It's happened twice now, and in rather uninteresting corridors with no enemies.

Only running theme is that I've done multiple missions in a row when it does.

When you get the BSoD doesn't it show a code? An example: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL" Usually on top that gives you an idea what is causing the bsod, could be software, hardware.

Not getting a code. Everything freezes, monitor goes to sleep(standard behavior for no input), and my soundcard just plays the last noise in a stuttered repeat.

When I restart the computer, it informs me that it was a BSoD error, but I'm not actually getting to see the BSoD itself.

Have you checked the in administrative services for the event log? Everything points to Display driver though. Try rollbacking the latest display driver and try playing.

I haven't, but I didn't change anything between 14.7.4 and 14.8.

If it was something wrong with my display drivers, it should've caused problems before 14.8 was installed.

What would I need to check?

Open "Start" go to -> Programs-> Administrative tools->Event Viewer

(might be slightly different in windows 7 if that doesnt work just search for Administrative tools in the search bar at start)

A window should appear with a list of Critical, error, warning etc log logged by last hour, last 24h last 7 days

You should have at least a critical or error logged last few days, click on the "+" sign to open to show more details, see if you can find any information regarding what software caused te error.

Regarding the display drivers, if you have a brand application to download the updates, you have the option to download beta drivers, those usually cause problems, so you could try to rollback just to see if it helps, if it doesn't you can always just reinstall the driver again.

• 1 month later...