Fps Drop When Joining With Other People

ToKeSia

My spec is:

Window 7 64 bits

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q9500 2.83 Ghz

Ram: DDR2 4 GB

VGA: MSI Radeon 6870 Hawk GDDR5 1 GB

Hdd: more than 2 TB SATA [The black one from western]

the problem is when i play with other players, it seem like the fps drop. It's not lag issue from network. I just install this Window 7 last 3-4 days ago, the last time i use Window xp 32 bits but it don't have this fps drop at all.

Any help? .

Edited by ToKeSia

My spec is:

Window 7 64 bits

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q9500 2.83 Ghz

Ram: DDR2 4 GB

VGA: MSI Radeon 6870 Hawk GDDR5 1 GB

Hdd: more than 2 TB

the problem is when i play with other players, it seem like the fps drop. It's not lag issue from network. I just install this Window 7 last 3-4 days ago, the last time i use Window xp 32 bits but it don't have this fps drop at all.

Any help? .

To clarify what you mean -

I have noticed that when joining someone else's game, my framerate drops to 1 frame per second-ish, and will continue like that for 5-30 seconds before becoming normal (I have vsync on, so normal=60fps) again.

My specs

Window 7 64 bits - Same

CPU: Intel i5

RAM: 32 GB

VGA: I forget... but it was a $450 card with 2 GB of memory and I'm not at my machine to check.

HDD: Main drive is an SSD, but Warframe is installed on secondary SATA3 2TB 7200 RPM drive.

Edited by Jingleheimer

I set my vsync as auto, should i change it to "ON?

Also, i use my latest driver from amd website .

when solo, my fps is around 35-60 [up to the size of stage and the number of enemies] , but when i join with other players, it drop to 15-30

Edited by ToKeSia

To clarify what you mean -

I have noticed that when joining someone else's game, my framerate drops to 1 frame per second-ish, and will continue like that for 5-30 seconds before becoming normal (I have vsync on, so normal=60fps) again.

Same happens to me

spec:

i7 950

xfx radeon 6870

12 GB RAM 1333MHz,

7200 rpm HDD sata 3

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

There are many people with this problem, including me.

The devs are aware of this and are looking into a solution. there is nothing you can do about it. but just make sure you tried these things just in case:

- install latest drivers

- set everythng to minimal/off and see if the fps is better (didn't work for me though)

- See if you have good fps in games like bf3. to make sure it's (possibly) not your hardware.

Edited by DuTchEr95

Yes, i use latest drivers

i try to reduce texture and shadow to low, but no change.

i play tribes ascend and no lag at all.

Sometimes when fully 4 people [not everytime], fps goes down to 10-14 fps . . . it's really mess

Same here. Playing with two others ist not much of a deal. But as soon as we are four, my FPS drop done to ~10-25. Doesn't matter if I change any graphic options.

Spec: 

AMD Phenom II X4 955

Radeon HD6850

8GB DDR3

Win7 Ultimate 64bit

i think it is because the games are run locally rather than on the servers. the performance of the host (one of the cell members i think) will bottleneck everyone's performance. This problem has not occurred for me in solo. this might be attributed to the poor kit or network problems. i came to this conclusion after seeing host migration when people quits and suddenly the game got better. it would cost more than an arm or leg to run all the sessions in the warframe servers. this is more likely to happen in stuff like mobile defense missions where there are a lot of decals and information to process, try to avoid mobile defense for now. i think... we still need someone official to recognise what i am saying though

I also have the same problem. It gets especially worse when I have to deal with more than 20 enemies. Think it'll be fixed when open beta ends.

AMD quad core 1.5ghz

ATI Radeon HD6520g+7450m dual GPU

6gb ddr3 ram.

And I get about 27 fps at skyrim ultra.. With no shadows though :P