The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Xbox One] ☠️Lock N Load☠️ 🌙Moon Clan🌙 ♛#1 OVERALL Leaderboard/PvP & Historical WF Clan♛ ☯Art Of War Alliance☯ 950+ Members! Contests + Prizes! Gold Trophy or Top Score In 7 / 9 Events! Established Day 1! 100% Researched & 0% Tax! Multigaming Community

(XBOX)Xodus03

@Lore - Amen brotha lol... 

@Pheiros and Millavich - I think Lex should have you guys covered.... if not just throw up another msg on here and we will get it sorted

@Lex - Thanks bro... both you and Lore are so damn quick on these forums lol 

The Notorious Chat killer might also be a forum killer Find out NeXT time on dragon ball Warframe. anyway I like the fact that they added traditional fps type pvp although I don't agree with the rails being stopped. I honestly think they needed to restrict what could be used in pvp for at least attempting to make it balanced and as long as they keep adding new frames and weapons allowed it could become something great

I think that they shouldn't restrict too much usage of Warframes and weapons in PvP too much. While there are a few things that might need to be banned temporarily for now, I think a better system for PvP, would be to make it an ENTIRELY different realm of game play. In PvP, I think they need to rework majority of the stats and mechanics of most Warframes and Weapons. There is no real balance, its mostly just character and weapon counters. Also the "snowball" effect that is possible to pull off where one team gets WAY further ahead in a battle than the other, is a massive source of problems that lead to Spawn Camping, Spawn Killing, and quitting. Basically if someone is built to beat you, they will... very few battle are balanced / back and fourth... The best you can do is build for as many different scenarios as you can, but when the Mesa Peacemaker, or the super jump flipping/coptering Ember with world on fire (hard as hell to hit, and huge range that instant kills you), you better just hide until they are out of mana lol. 

Edited by (XB1)Xodus03

I think they should either find a way to implement as complete of a set of warframe and their abilities to the new PVP or they should just turn the PVP into a PVP first person shooter like COD. It may be very hard to find balance in trying to implement all the frames and their abilities so I wouldn't mind the latter.

Forget about your abilities. Maybe you get to keep one utility-type ability, but nothing else. Everything else is just like a PVP shooter. You got your gun-classes, you create your gun load out. You take away the players abilities to do ridiculous slide/coptering and you have yourself a nice little Warframe Black Ops or Warframe Battlefield.

I wouldn't mind that either.

I think they should either find a way to implement as complete of a set of warframe and their abilities to the new PVP or they should just turn the PVP into a PVP first person shooter like COD. It may be very hard to find balance in trying to implement all the frames and their abilities so I wouldn't mind the latter.

Forget about your abilities. Maybe you get to keep one utility-type ability, but nothing else. Everything else is just like a PVP shooter. You got your gun-classes, you create your gun load out. You take away the players abilities to do ridiculous slide/coptering and you have yourself a nice little Warframe Black Ops or Warframe Battlefield.

I wouldn't mind that either.

DE will never do that. If you're hungry for FPS than you can go play CoD or BF.

I think the point he was trying to make was more about the power imbalance than the point of view style, Lex... while not needing to change the camera angle at all, I agree that if they want true balanced style PvP, they will either need to remove the powers altogether, or at the very least, balance them so that every slow will slow for the same %, every damage ability does the EXACT same amount of damage and has the EXACT same amount of range as another warframe with a similar functioning ability. Can't have Mesa's Peacemaker have 50 meter range and 1 hit capability and then give Excalibur's Radial Jav absolutely NO kill potential and a 3x longer starting cast time.... its just not fair lol.

^ chill man. it's just a suggestion lol. And you're right I can go play COD or BF and I have plenty of times before. But thanks for the suggestion.

I'am chill, I'm saying DE will never do that because they literally said they are not going to create an FPS option in warframe, I was just informing you.

(I dont have link to it, but I know they did)

And I highly doubt they'll add more game options for PvP because that will simply divide the PvP community to even smaller bits than it already is. (they are a adding a new game mode though, annihilation) 

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488

^ cool cool. I understand. I just think it may be easier to strip away the abilities and make a shooter than to try to balance all the frames and their abilities (assuming they eventually add all the frames. of course I don't know if they will or not).

Cause it's hard for the community to agree on what is balanced and what is not balanced when you have to consider each warframe and their abilities and then apply it to a PVP environment.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

Yeah I agree... would be extremely hard to actually find real balance, but a good start is to make all area attacks have the same range, damage and cast time in PvP... or if there were differences, the would need to be minimal from frame to frame and based off of play style. For instance, Rhino could have a bit of extra health or Armor over the set benchmark, while being slower than the average, and Volt could be faster, while a bit more squishy. For powers, Rhino stomp could do a bit less damage because it could knock people down temporarily while Volt Overload could do a bit more damage because it has a long cast time and has no crowd control (unless you were going to add a funky chicken animation to the Warframes for CC)... all in all though, the powers have to be comparable to eachother through range, cast time and damage or there will just be a "best" choice for everyone to pick.

Hey I'm kinda new to this game been playing for around a week looking for good clan to join. Gamer tag: XxGrizzBoyxX

Sounds good. I will see if I can get an invite sent out to you asap. Make sure you aren't already in a clan so you can receive the invite! 

I think DE needs to open up some kind of clan chat or region chat or chat of some sort so I can talk to other XBone warframe players while I have down time at work and directly from the forum. Or maybe they shouldn't, cause I'll probably manage to find a way to not get anything accomplished if that happens.

I think thats a good idea.

I think they mentioned something along those lines when they were talking about improving their mobile app. Ill see if I can find it. (Cant. Apparently made it up in my head. Cannot find anything on them improving the app....might be time for a senility check.)

Think we will see 16.4 by the weekend or some other big event?

Edited by (XB1)FondestMist

Well condensing the planet nodes I thought at first would ruin the game. After talking to the design council I think that these next updates are going to give us a real glimpse at the end product of this game. All and all I love the new PvP.....this is why....

the thing about the pvp is that you gotta be agrressive . Reminds me a lot of unreal tournament or even quake 2.

Well condensing the planet nodes I thought at first would ruin the game. After talking to the design council I think that these next updates are going to give us a real glimpse at the end product of this game. All and all I love the new PvP.....this is why....

....so a long long time ago I use to be very good at pvp on fps...then stop playing games for about ten years..then get xbone for the kids for xmas and started playing warframe. Decide its time ti see how much pvp skills I have lost and try the conclave....1st match...Vulari and his team....ouch.

Hope he dosent have a video of the 12 times he killed me in that match.

Well condensing the planet nodes I thought at first would ruin the game. After talking to the design council I think that these next updates are going to give us a real glimpse at the end product of this game.

I am on the design council... and there is no discussion on the node situation for us to participate in... whoever it was on the DC that said they had some details, has no more than anyone else who watched the Dev Stream unfortunately unless they have been speaking with one of the programmers, who for the most part are pretty tight lipped about the projects until they are ready to talk about them.... trust me about that lol.

Hmm, yeah I read the forum post and was talking to a design council member who explained the thought process to me and it made sense. Not saying that the changes are for sure, but the idea behind it makes more sense to me now. I'm looking forward to the new PvP game modes