Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Recommend Mod Sets For My Loadout?

aldlv13

Question

i like the mod sets im running now and i dont have any real trouble at all even until wave 20+ of t4 defenses but i am sure there are better sets out there for higher end game content

my loadout and mods:

dread: serration, point strike, fanged fusillade, sawtooth clip, speed trigger, vital sense, hammer shot, split chamber.

latron prime: serration, point strike, vital sense, hammer shot, split chamber, shred, piercing hit, and one free slot (need to forma to fill said slot)

akvasto: hornet strike, maim, razor shot, no return, concussion rounds, lethal torrent, barrel diffusion, target cracker

akmagnus: hornet strike, maim, no return, concussion rounds, lethal torrent, barrel diffusion, target cracker, pistol gambit

dragon nikana: tranquil cleave, pressure points, berserker, fury, spoiled strike, buzzkill, organ shatter, true steel, jagged edge

like i said i don't have trouble at all with anything below level 50 and i don't have much trouble at 50+ so long as i get headshots just wondering if anyone feels like they could improve upon my weapon's builds because i know there are probably better builds out there

7 answers to this question

i like the mod sets im running now and i dont have any real trouble at all even until wave 20+ of t4 defenses but i am sure there are better sets out there for higher end game content

my loadout and mods:

dread: serration, point strike, fanged fusillade, stormbringer( or cryorounds if you have 4 CPs), speed trigger, vital sense, infected clip, split chamber.

latron prime: serration, point strike, vital sense,stormbringer , split chamber, shred, infected clip, and one free slot (need to forma to fill said slot) hell fire or cryrounds(again depends if your have 4 CPs)

Edited by xkillo32

Dread: Drop the slash damage mods (they are very bad in the void) and switch over to corrosive damage (Infected Clip, Stormbringer or the corresponding event mods.

Laton Prime: The physical damage mods are pointless on any weapon except the melee ones, seriously get rid of it.

Actually I keep on reading and you just use all these slash damage boosting mods, but the armor just cuts it down so much. Always try to fit at least corrosive on your weapons when going into the void. If you have space, fit a standalone cold mod with it. Don't bother with physical damage unless you're fighting the infested or something and you really need that extra slash damage.

Always try to prioritize elements according to the enemy, unless another mod strongly alters the weapon (multishot, crit, status).

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Latron_prime/t_30_22002233_132-1-5-137-0-10-138-6-5-140-2-5-141-7-5-149-5-5-150-4-10-159-3-5_137-7-132-8-140-9-159-9-150-8-149-5-138-6-141-6/en/2-0-15

For example this is a very solid Latron Prime build, if you really need Shred, switch Speed Trigger, as Radiation is needed in the Void.

Dread: Drop the slash damage mods (they are very bad in the void) and switch over to corrosive damage (Infected Clip, Stormbringer or the corresponding event mods.

Laton Prime: The physical damage mods are pointless on any weapon except the melee ones, seriously get rid of it.

Actually I keep on reading and you just use all these slash damage boosting mods, but the armor just cuts it down so much. Always try to fit at least corrosive on your weapons when going into the void. If you have space, fit a standalone cold mod with it. Don't bother with physical damage unless you're fighting the infested or something and you really need that extra slash damage.

slash damage is better IF you have 4 CPs

other wise corrosive is better even if you have 3 CPs

assuming you like the niches you're setting up for:

Dread - i'd replace Sawtooth Clip with any Elemental. any. having an Elemental Combo that's privvy to the Enemies you're fighting is very useful, but if you really like Slash Damage, go for it. but have some Elemental there.

LatronP - remove Piercing Hit and fill the last two Slots with an Elemental Combo of your preference.

AkVasto - remove Razor Shot, No Return, Concussion Rounds, and Target Cracker. replace with Elementals of your preference. if you really like Crits, add Crit Chance instead of Crit Damage.

AkMagnus - same as Vasto's, remove the Physical Damage Mods, and Target Cracker. replace with Elementals of youre preference. if you aren't sure what you want though, Target Cracker isn't a bad choice. it's just not that great of a Mod. Crit Chance is acceptable on Sidearms but Crit Damage isn't very good. compared to their Rifle counterparts, that is.

Dragon Nikana - Decisive Judgement is generally considered to be better.

i wouldn't use Crit Mods on Dragon Nikana myself, considering it's only 15/150%. i'd just throw on Elementals.

clarification: Crit Damage is only good on Sidearms with high Crit Chances to start with. on AkMagnus, Crit Damage is not that advised, but it's an alright choice. but on Vasto's which are 15/150%, Crit Damage is very poor. Crit Chance is okay, but not spectacular.

i don't consider Crit Chance on Melee's unless it's atleast 20% to start with. i don't consider Crit Damage unless it's atleast 200% to start with.

what are CPs

the Corrosive Projection Aura. -30% Armor on all Enemies.

Edited by taiiat