Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Bring Back The Original Moa Design.

Mak_Gohae

Both could be good too. The corpus moa's are constantly referred to as "proxies" which makes me think they probably some kind of synthetic life-form. Artificial like robots, but complex and built in such a manner as to make them borderline living creatures. 

Hence why I prefer the old appearance. They look like something that is close to living flesh, but deep enough in the uncanny valley to raise questions. Then of course there's the inclusion of a one on an operating table in the Corpus medical wing tile-set  I think there's more than enough suggestion in what little lore we have, that they are more than just servo's and circuits. 

Hence why I don't like their new mechano-esque appearance, it just looks generic. What a 21st century human would envision for an artificial creature. Not some race of box-headed spacemen thousands of years into the future. 

But if both appearances were in the spawn pool, I can see that being an acceptable compromise too. 

Hyena looks too good to be "boss only".

How about making it standard corpus heavy unit, significantly reduced shield and HP but still "casts" shield. Comes in pack of 2-3... ?

Hyena_2.jpg

Jackal (variations in weapons) could be the only corpus boss... ?

In this thread: Personal preference discussion.

The new models are at a lot higher detail level. The old ones were simple, get-it-out-the-door style. *shrug*

It's about the art style of a faction.

The new one dont look like anything special, robotic square things with servos and screws sticking out are mega generic. It doesnt look like some machine developed thousands of years in the future. DE has done good so far to make generic concepts look unique, i like the Grineer more than anyone else and they are just some clone space marines so far. With the Corpus they took a step back in that direction they were going. They almost look like they dont belong in this game. Machines with all that stuff sticking out should be the prototypes and not the mass produced models.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

It's about the art style of a faction.

The new one dont look like anything special, robotic square things with servos and screws sticking out are mega generic. It doesnt look like some machine developed thousands of years in the future. DE has done good so far to make generic concepts look unique, i like the Grineer more than anyone else and they are just some clone space marines so far. With the Corpus they took a step back in that direction they were going. They almost look like they dont belong in this game. Machines with all that stuff sticking out should be the prototypes and not the mass produced models.

I agree 100%, but I suspect most people here don't even understand the problem.

For me, what makes Warframe AMAZING is that it has a true "far future" or "distant future" look. It's not an extrapolation from now. It's not "200 years in the future", it's something very far from now, very different from now, like awesome '70s spaceship art, or WH40K at it's best, or the David Lynch Dune movie. Things don't have to make perfect sense. Things don't need to look like they would work by our standards.

And that's the problem with the Corpus robots. They look like they're from twenty or a hundred years in the future, not untold thousands of years. Before, when they were organic-looking, they had a strong "far future" vibe. Now they are kind of "generic robot". Now, if the intention is that they look primitive, maybe suggesting the Corpus are kind of crap at making things, that's fine, but I'd really like a look that felt more futuristic. I feel like the original look was missing something, it did feel a bit... I dunno, cheap, but this current look? It's just a bit too generic to really fit with the levels of awesome in other parts of Warframe's visual design.

EDIT - It's not just that they look too primitive - they look too practical. They could look that primitive if they just looked a little bit insane or ridiculous.

Edited by Eurhetemec

Perhaps make a more high quaility version of the old model, then use both models, with the more 'front line' places having the more mechanical design and more 'backwater' using the 'organic' design. Heck, just mixing the two up would work fine for me, give them more visual verity to them.

Perhaps make a more high quaility version of the old model, then use both models, with the more 'front line' places having the more mechanical design and more 'backwater' using the 'organic' design. Heck, just mixing the two up would work fine for me, give them more visual verity to them.

Yes, an improved old model would be great. You know the Crysis nano-suit with it's exposed nanofiber muscles? Something like that for the legs, but covered with translucent coloured armour panels over the thighs and shins.

Corpus men always say "release the robots!" but we had geckos with huge frog legs.

edit:

I like GMO-organic idea but that's what "Infested faction" are, including J3 GOLEM (and not a giant frog with laser on top of it's head)

Edited by Strac_CRO

Corpus men always say "release the robots!" but we had geckos with huge frog legs.

edit:

I like GMO-organic idea but that's what "Infested faction" are, including J3 GOLEM (and not a giant frog with laser on top of it's head)

Frog's don't have two legs. And arn't the size of ostriches. 

The new ones really make them look and feel like robots. With the old design, I didn't even know they were robots until the Lotus told me. They just looked like some weird alien bird that the Corpus dressed in uniforms and strapped laser turrets onto.

Also, 200th post :D

Edited by TheSmash