The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata

MonWoofer

A Grakata with a fully upgraded serration mod should do about 24 damage. With that fire rate it should rape anything. Get some armor piercing mods, multishot, elements, it'll be good fully upgraded.

*Edit - Now that I've done some math in my head, you can get some insane DPS with this gun.

Edited by austinrelis

Does anyone else feel it's doing far to low damage in comparison to others?

This is the DSG discussion all over again. I have a feeling that the Grakata will find it's place quickly. My current prediction is that it will surpass the Gorgon, but fall behind the Braton (Vandal).

It seems to be a Viper equivalent in Rifle form. A bullet hose, in a fashion more like an SMG than a minigun (Gorgon).

Properly modded, Vipers and Twin Vipers are easily on the top DPS strictly from time spent to damage delivered ratio. We'll have to see if the Grak can match that.

Arguing mods is completely pointless for this weapon unless it has a high base crit chance. The fire rate does not compensate comparing to what Gorgon/Boltor can do. Saying with high serration it will do x amount of damage is pointless because that same serration will do the same % increase for weapons that have more base damage (boltor, gorgon). Boltor also ignores armor, while it's only setbacks are that it's projectiles are not hit scan and accuracy (which isn't a problem).

This weapons needs a severe base damage increase OR a massive base critical chance. You may destroy things on early systems, but come Infested on Xini or Grineer on Casta at wave 10+, it will be complete crap compared to what people use now (Gorgon, Boltor, Hek, Akbolto).

It's the same argument why Twin Vipers aren't as good as Akbolto. They just don't output enough damage when enemy level gets high and it gets reduced too much. Though Twin Vipers are still damn good as opposed to where Grakata stands.

Saying this weapon as an SMG category is also problematic. This is supposed to be a main gun. It does not hold up as it should as one. If you want to have an SMG category for a sidearm this weapon might fit in great. Have it it's own set of mods and own sort of ammo and I would be perfectly content.

On a side note. I rather have this weapon come out underpowered than overpowered. Better to buff than nerf. When an overpowered weapon comes out it causes all sort of nonsense. Tribes Ascend had a huge fiasco when Plasma Gun came out. Every other person was screaming pay to win.

To summarize: arguing damage mods to make weapon better is pointless when comparing it to other weapons since other weapons get equally proportional benefit. Only mods that make a difference are Crit chance mods. Grakata needs a higher base damage. I say around 12-14 should do it.

Disclaimer: I do not know what it's base crit chance is. If it is high (say 15%), then this weapon is viable as it is.

This weapon is definitely not suited to long range. fired at close to mid range and in spurts it works well. I am going to upgrade the +%ammo as much as I can. I do think it sounds like a paint gun more than a "gonna kill you" weapon. It's not an uber weapon by any means. So I rate is as so-so so far. Will make a judgement after I have decently leveled it.

add fury, stun mods, and crit mods. I had a furax that played JUST LIKE this weapon.

EDIT: Also add charge damage to finish off armored enemies. my furax did something like 400 charge damage. I could solo a Jackal melee if I wanted to.

Edited by sewens

add fury, stun mods, and crit mods. I had a furax that played JUST LIKE this weapon.

EDIT: Also add charge damage to finish off armored enemies. my furax did something like 400 charge damage. I could solo a Jackal melee if I wanted to.

Wrong weapon. The Grakata is the Rifle.

Either you posted in the wrong thread or this weapon is so bad that you're bashing enemies with it instead of shooting them :P

Either you posted in the wrong thread or this weapon is so bad that you're bashing enemies with it instead of shooting them :P

Considering the look of the gun, it probably WOULD work better as a melee weapon. XD

from the little bit of testing i did with it its flat out terrible, only thing it has going for it is the moderate reload speed, my two cents is actually reduce the damage by 2 more points and add a second projectile that does not cost any extra ammo, still would only mean 12 damage per shot however would more fit the bullet hose mentality and couple that with a high crit chance and increased crit damage multiplier and it might actually be usable but in its current state you would be better off throwing the damn thing at an enemy then shooting them with it, at least if they pick it up and use it they are less of a threat than they were before

Based on how it turns out.. it's a glorified nail gun.

As mentioned above, you can't argue with the oh so popular "slap some sick mods there and it owns" or somewhere along the line, since with base stats and usability alone, playing in every map, you'll see the innate weakness it has compared to previous weapons. The weapon itself just adds a variety of sorts.. even a novelty weapon. 

A quick comparison test for those who still argue with the mod part would be.. go against phorid (for the fact that phorid can just eat bullets with little to no use of its poison spikes.. depending on your placement) in solo without using any offensive skills (skills that do damage) and use grakata with whatever set up you might want, time your kill of said boss, how many bullets you consumed etc and do the same for another weapon. I think you get the idea. For those who will bash with "not everyone plays solo you know!" it's for the sake of overall comparison.

Grakata Level 19, Orokin Catalyst.

120% Damage, 75% Multi-Shot, 60% Armor Piercing, 15% Cryo.

Ugh. The trigger makes my finger hurt, and the fire rate is so fast that it hurts my shoulder. Enemies die so quickly, blood and bone chunks splatter all over my Warframe. Tell me, do you have any idea how hard it is to wash Grineer blood off of the gold trim on an Excalibur Prime? It's like the blood coagulates before it even splatters out. Freaking gross.

You're overreacting, folks. The gun is fine, trust me. It's only Rank 19 here; at 30, I'm sure I'd be able to pull a Pluto run, no sweat.

Edited by Kahruvel

Yes amazing, you cleared a room of lvl 22s with a potatoed lvl 19 gun and now you've spent all of your ammo on ONE room... This gun needs a big buff to reserve ammo and either innate armor piercing or a serious buff to crit chance and damage to make it viable. Id prefer innate armor piercing.

Yes amazing, you cleared a room of lvl 22s with a potatoed lvl 19 gun and now you've spent all of your ammo on ONE room... This gun needs a big buff to reserve ammo and either innate armor piercing or a serious buff to crit chance and damage to make it viable. Id prefer innate armor piercing.

save this for bolt weapons that take a bit of skill to actually use, not some bullet hose smglike. just imo

Frankly, it doesn't hold water compared to the normal (not Vandal) Braton.

It has less dps, need to reload more often even with increased mag due to fast firing speed, has less onboard overall damage in its ammo capacity, and the blueprint alone is more costly than the fully delivered Braton.

Crappy weapon compared to what is available.

save this for bolt weapons that take a bit of skill to actually use, not some bullet hose smglike. just imo

Still you have to remember that this deals 9 dmg so itll never be like the boltor or the pistols. Innate ap will just make this weapon good, not godly.