Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker - Should Be A Reward / Loot Drop From Him

The_Erinyes

So... after getting completely *pwned* by the Stalker the first two times I met him, and then the feeling of utter and total elation when I finally managed to kill him, and then the slight disappointment of there being no real point to killing him (other than surviving which believe me was fun) I was thinking...

- There should be some sort of loot drop from the stalker! Maybe every now and again he would drop BP's for the... STALKER FRAME. Or crazy weapons, or you get lots of components from him...

- If you kill him every now and then there is a warp gate to a Stalker mission, on a new type of base... Hunting down the stalker squads, who are like the Anti-Tenno that the Grineer created...

- More types of stalkers

- Groups of stalkers (evil, evil laugh) - but they would be weaker and have a different combat strategy.

But I love the idea, and it's pretty creepy when he's coming in / around. He should have a better death animation... some sort of dimensioney explosion or something.

You know, the creepy guy that appears in weird smoke that punishes you for killing a boss that appears in random levels after you kill the boss?

OR DID YOU NOT PUT THAT IN???? THE GRINEER ARE INVADING!!!!!! :)

Also a different stalker for each faction of boss...

Stalker = Lotus' ex

On topic, it would be nice to get some type of bonus for defeating a Stalker as they can give a whooping to anyone unprepared. I'd be happy with a rare mod drop or blueprints. Or even a lot of cash... Someone had to pay him after all.

A Stalker is a Tenno that has madly fallen in love with Lotus. But he was rejected... now he's jealous because we are Lotus's favourite new little play-thing and he wants to prove that he's better than us. Then one day we are dumped by Lotus too and we join the Stalker, go to partys and watch a lot of Alien movies so we can learn how to move and look like him.

His ai is screwy. he closes on you and like to faceshoot you with his mechinegun. Just jump on a box. He will run up to it and it will block his shots but not yours. you can just mow him down.

That is IF he actually exisited.

It should get harder based on the level of the boss that you killed. Also maybe parts of that boss, like it looted their corpse and grafted bits to themselves.  Or have the possibility of the mission turning into an alert instance, so if you didn't have a lot of people on your mission, it would invite them - the reward would change, and the mission type so you would be destroying the stalker from room to room while it got stronger, maybe even the whole mission would change, like the Stalker effect would take over and start warping the tile sets into crazy dark sets...  Cool way of tying the gameplay together and surprising the players... Possibility of picking up new team members in a tough run of planets. 

Hypothetically speaking. 

A Stalker is a Tenno that has madly fallen in love with Lotus. But he was rejected... now he's jealous because we are Lotus's favourite new little play-thing and he wants to prove that he's better than us. Then one day we are dumped by Lotus too and we join the Stalker, go to partys and watch a lot of Alien movies so we can learn how to move and look like him.

I can see that.  The stalker is actually one of Lotus/DeRebecca's seven evil exes that need to be defeated in order to actually beat this game.