Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon, New Hope For Old Weapons

MajorUrsine

I love the Tiberon, it's currently my favorite rifle. While I know that the soma will continue to be far superior, the tiberion fits my play style well. I almost always play support, (Lanka + Trinity build) and the Tiberon allows me to easily hit mid to long range targets. It doesn't have high status or crit, but it's base damages are all ok. As I play support, dps and kills don't matter much, no one complains when I have to spam heal.

I would also like to see a buffed Grakata, it's like a lower lvl soma. I liked the Grakata and enjoyed using it, until I got the Soma about 4 days later...

Honestly, the main issue with this is the fact that the potato doesn't carry over ( I think ). Otherwise, this sort of thing isn't actually too bad for weapons, as it means you get a more natural progession from one weapon to the other. Latron could be slightly less expensive in terms of morphics, but yeah. Since the tiberon is Mastery 4, it makes a good upgrade from the normal latron after you've passed a bit further through the solar map.

I love the Tiberon, it's currently my favorite rifle. While I know that the soma will continue to be far superior, the tiberion fits my play style well. I almost always play support, (Lanka + Trinity build) and the Tiberon allows me to easily hit mid to long range targets. It doesn't have high status or crit, but it's base damages are all ok. As I play support, dps and kills don't matter much, no one complains when I have to spam heal.

I would also like to see a buffed Grakata, it's like a lower lvl soma. I liked the Grakata and enjoyed using it, until I got the Soma about 4 days later...

Nah, the grakata doesn't really need a buff. It has 20% base status chance, and if you equip it with viral, it is horrendously powerful, as viral effectively doubles dps, not to mention its pretty much a soma that doesn't have to spin up. It was completely broken when viral procs stacked too. And its mastery rank 0 (according to the wiki at least, I thought it was mastery 2), and pretty cheap, although you do need neurodes for it.

Ignis was never overpowered. In fact only Ember's accelerant saved it from certain death.

A base 100 DPS is still 100 DPS, you need to hit multiple targets to get the same damage as stronger weapons. Never mind even if they mount shred, they still do right out of the box more damage than you with just 7 damage mods. And due to low damage per bullet, Ignis pretty much requires even ammo mutation to work in the first place.

Also you have to switch weapons still to deal with hardy targets because 100 dps even when max modded, isn't going to do but tickle heavy targets at around level 45. 

FYI the Ignis used to deal 150 dps when it got it's AOE cone effect and it was not even good for killing old level 100 infested, which by scaling, level 40 for us now. 

Edited by fatpig84

None of these weapons should be "improved" they are meant to be low-mid end weapons. BTW what the frick? Grakata is the fastest rifle in game having both status and criticals high its really viable if you put in some forma love.

Projectile Speed Hit-Scan
Firing Rate 20.0 rounds/sec
Pellet Count pellets
Accuracy 28.6
Magazine Size 60 rounds/mag
Max Ammo 750 rounds
Reload Time 2.4s

Normal Attacks

18px-Impact_w.pngImpact 4.4
18px-Slash_w.pngSlash 2.9
Crit Damage 200%

With all the event dual stat mods it can have solid 70% status chance and at least 50% crit with its fastest speed is 37 i think? Now that's massive right?

You're saying this should get buffed?

Edited by NyancraftG