Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic/open] Station Delta

Kasumi-

(OOC: I laughed at the first one)

"That'd be a grand idea." James said. "I have a feeling this Urza might not be as friendly as they might seem."

All this for a few Prime parts. Why the bloody hell couldn't Umbra leave at the very least a bloody Braton Prime? James thought to himself. He let the Corpus who woke him up take his, why not let a PMG research them to help stabilize the system?

"I'll follow your lead." says Pavel.

"If my troops followed my lead instead of my ideal, we'd all be dead by now." James said, half-joking. "Well, failing sniper vantage points, what's the best place for a trap? That way, if they set one of their own, we can spring a counter-trap. Even if they don't have a trap, we can set up a counter-trap in case they set up a trap because they didn't expect an area to be an obvious trap, therefore they set a trap because the area is easily trapped, and thus we set up a counter-trap because they didn't plan on placing a trap. And I am running my mouth off, cup of tea?" James then withdrew a travel flask from within his coat and took a sip of hot Earl Grey tea.

Edited by Ghost333

"If my troops followed my lead instead of my ideal, we'd all be dead by now." James said, half-joking. "Well, failing sniper vantage points, what's the best place for a trap? That way, if they set one of their own, we can spring a counter-trap. Even if they don't have a trap, we can set up a counter-trap in case they set up a trap because they didn't expect an area to be an obvious trap, therefore they set a trap because the area is easily trapped, and thus we set up a counter-trap because they didn't plan on placing a trap. And I am running my mouth off, cup of tea?" James then withdrew a travel flask from within his coat and took a sip of hot Earl Grey tea.

"I...uh..." Pavel thinks for a second. Confused, he gives up trying to comprehend what James just said. He thinks for a moment on a place for Urza and James to meet. He remembers the site from earlier where he was having a conversation with Kai about Nekroses. Nekrosis? Nekrosi? Whatever.

"Tell her to meet you in the Civilian Sector. Tell her to look for a smashed up fountian surrounded by a bunch of bickering Tenno. She'll probably know what you mean." he says. He secures the experimental armor into a reinforced bag and picks it up.

"Thanks." James said. He pulled out the communicator and flicked on the transmitter. "Alright, I have given it some thought and checked my map for some ideal meeting places." He said, hoping Urza still had hers active and waiting. "How about the Civilian sector, near this water fountain? Looks somewhat smashed from what I can gather from this holo-map."

James flicked the communicator off. "Well, step one of my incredibly convoluted and not-entirely-there plan is completed. Time to see if any of the events I predict occur in the order I predict them in."

He took a moment to familiarize himself with the Snipetrons workings. It was quite awkward to handle for him: a thin frame, although inside it hit numerous secrets to a compact coil rifle, or even railgun. Why the Corpus discontinued such a weapon in favor of the Lanka was a mystery. Digression aside, James preferred bulkier weapons: weapons that looked and felt that they had some punch leaving the muzzle end, hence the fascination with magnetic propulsion rifles: they could be as big as you want, and more often than not, they'd have the punch of a weapon six calibers up.
"Such deceptive complexity in a frame of simplicity." He said, admiring the rifle. "A mere step backwards, but still a great leap forward as far as railguns are concerned. Anyhow, we had best get into position." James set a waypoint for the fountain and walked out of the store, beckoning to Pavel to follow. Luck seemed to be on his side, for now. Hopefully he wouldn't overstay its welcome presence.

James flicked the communicator off. "Well, step one of my incredibly convoluted and not-entirely-there plan is completed. Time to see if any of the events I predict occur in the order I predict them in."

He took a moment to familiarize himself with the Snipetrons workings. It was quite awkward to handle for him: a thin frame, although inside it hit numerous secrets to a compact coil rifle, or even railgun. Why the Corpus discontinued such a weapon in favor of the Lanka was a mystery. Digression aside, James preferred bulkier weapons: weapons that looked and felt that they had some punch leaving the muzzle end, hence the fascination with magnetic propulsion rifles: they could be as big as you want, and more often than not, they'd have the punch of a weapon six calibers up.

"Such deceptive complexity in a frame of simplicity." He said, admiring the rifle. "A mere step backwards, but still a great leap forward as far as railguns are concerned. Anyhow, we had best get into position." James set a waypoint for the fountain and walked out of the store, beckoning to Pavel to follow. Luck seemed to be on his side, for now. Hopefully he wouldn't overstay its welcome presence.

Pavel follows James out of the store. He switches on his radio.

"Hey, Kai, you there?" he asks.

"Yes. What do you want?" she replies.

"I'm bringing a friend over to you guys. Oh, also, someone else is coming. She'll probably be there first."

"Uh...alright? I guess we'll wait for you?"

"Thanks."

He turns his radio off. Pavel begins walking with James to the fountian.

"Close quarters." James said as they walked. "Not me forte, to be perfectly honest. I'm a sniper, not a saboteur. I like keeping a minimum of 750 meters between me and the enemy. What about you? From what I gather from field reports and pilfered intel from Corpus and Grineer bases, Loki warframes tend to be made out of some strange composite of Old Earth iPhone glass and paper, to put it in metaphors. Though instead of using stealth to sneak past everyone, they tend to use it to slaughter entire rooms within the duration of their invisibility. Quite a frightful use of a utility, I must say."

"Close quarters." James said as they walked. "Not me forte, to be perfectly honest. I'm a sniper, not a saboteur. I like keeping a minimum of 750 meters between me and the enemy. What about you? From what I gather from field reports and pilfered intel from Corpus and Grineer bases, Loki warframes tend to be made out of some strange composite of Old Earth iPhone glass and paper, to put it in metaphors. Though instead of using stealth to sneak past everyone, they tend to use it to slaughter entire rooms within the duration of their invisibility. Quite a frightful use of a utility, I must say."

"Heh. Well.." Pavel's invisibility activates, flickers, then deactivates again.

"I prefer to stay a distance from my enemy. But I'm not totally against cloaking, and then stabbing everyone." He flicks out a Karyst dagger, and hands it to James for him to inspect. "This is what I prefer to use in close-quarters. You don't need to worry about anything, though. Those bickering Tenno around the fountain are all friends of mine." 

"Ah, the joys of having friends everywhere. A utility I sadly lack. Less people on the outside, less likely to be discovered." James said. "A handy element in case you never want to be found out, although rather crippling when it comes to getting intelligence or materials. Doesn't help that I lost twelve of my mid-range reconnaissance and recovery agents scouting out that damned vault in Olympus Mons. I am honestly surprised that one lone Tenno managed to defeat what three four-man teams armed with high-impact ordinance could not."

Urza got to the fountain, yawning, and looked around, seeing the tenno,  ones she remembered, but not from her own memories. She shrugged off the thought, creating her Opticor and inspecting it for dust, or for any sign that it needed cleaning, she knew there wouldn't be any, she'd built it just then, and yet, it seemed a force of habit to do so, being a living member of the tenno seemed fresh on her mind at the moment. Now, she was some twisted machine, and she didn't mind that, but still...

Urza got to the fountain, yawning, and looked around, seeing the tenno,  ones she remembered, but not from her own memories. She shrugged off the thought, creating her Opticor and inspecting it for dust, or for any sign that it needed cleaning, she knew there wouldn't be any, she'd built it just then, and yet, it seemed a force of habit to do so, being a living member of the tenno seemed fresh on her mind at the moment. Now, she was some twisted machine, and she didn't mind that, but still...

Noticing Urza walking to the fountian, Marcus walks up to say hello.

"Welcome back, Urza. What have you been up to?" he asks.

Kai notices Urza as well, but continues watching over Ara, who is laying on the ground, still holding her wrist tightly from that rough encounter with Elog.

((I'm going to let James be the one to approach Urza when they get there.))

(OOC: Righty-o)
"Greetings, gents!" James said as he arrived, trying to be as friendly as possible. Being surrounded by angry and possibly hostile Tenno was not a situation you'd want to be seen as hostile, after all. "I'm looking for someone by the name of Urza, and I have no idea what they look like."

Probably not the best way to introduce myself to a group, especially since two people recently tried to kill me for the umpteenth time, he thought to himself, but I really don't want to be here any longer than I need to.

Urza raised an eyebrow, not seen, as a result of her helmet being activated. She gave him a wave, and shrugged, looking at James as he mentioned her name. She then waved goodbye and walked toward the researcher, putting away the Opticor and giving him a bow, but not offering a handshake.

"I would be Urza." She said simply, looking at the Loki and back to the man before her. "How may I be of service?"

James tipped a non-existent hat towards Urza. "I'm looking for shielding and armor tech on par or better than current Tenno equipment, mainly for research, stress testing and development of improved technology where possible. It is quite difficult to wage a silent war when your only armor is several millenia out-of-date, and your cloaking tech barely makes up for that shortfall if you get spotted at the worst time." James paused a moment to straighten his coat. "I have tried the Void and isolated Orokin caches in the past, but everything of research value tends to be locked behind several waves of Corrupted Grineer Gunners."

"that's an easy way I can help." Urza said, slightly surprised, "I would lend you my own warframe to study on the conditions we discussed, oh, and you may need to do the research here, if you can't, well, I go where my warframe goes." She shrugged, "Do you have a ship or rented room aboard the station? I'd rather not strip down right here."

"I have a ship docked at the moment. The Cacophonous Solitude, but it is not a research vessel." James said. "It's a Blockade Nullifier, designed to get cargo through potentially dangerous situations intact, along with the ship. All research is done at my PMG's central facility. However, I will warn you, the testing is designed to see how well Tenno armor and shielding holds up against various weapons for the personal interest of our scientists. In other words, some of the testing involves shooting a Warframe to see how long it takes for the shields to collapse, and then cautionary fire to see how long the armor can withstand continued fire. If you don't wish to donate your own Warframe, I understand, I had the same reaction from a certain Ash. By the way, do you happen to know him? Goes by the name Umbra."

"I do indeed know Umbra, but, don't worry, I can repair my warframe so long as you don't atomize it, however, I feel required to warn you that I, and my warframe, are different from other tenno and their warframes, this may affect your results, but as long as you use the same material as my warframe, the data shouldn't fluctuate." She explained, "Shall we be going now then?"

Edited by ultimatumcore

"I suppose. We should be able to compensate you, but be careful: we aren't using rank-and-file Grineer or Corpus munitions, and we're staying the hell away from Infested weapons for the time being. Most of our kit is custom made, and we make primary use of Coilguns and Railguns. Those things hurt like hell, and far too many Grineer would agree with you if their vocals weren't shot. Or if they were alive, full stop."
This is going oddly smooth, James thought to himself. Either my luck has kicked in, or she has an ulterior motive.
"Anyhow, I'll be waiting at the Solitude. If there is anything you need to settle before leaving, do so. The testing will probably take a week or two to get damage report data, a week to compile and maybe a day or two studying the self-repair systems you boast of." James held his hand to his head. "Christ, I'm getting a bit of an ego and a few delusions of grandeur. Things are actually going right for me. Anyhow, Silence, waiting. See you there." He cleared his throat and bowed politely before walking off towards the hangar.

James brought up a holographic interface from his wrist and tapped a message.
[The Message]

Six

Found a Warframe pilot willing to assist us in developing better shielding and armor for our troops.

If all goes well, we won't have to worry about Loki's feeling good about having better armor.
If not, angry Tenno. What's the plural for that, anyhow? Is it Tenno? Tenno's? Tennae? The second one sounds like some sort of breakfast cereal.
Speaking of, we haven't had a grocer pass us by in a week, and we're running low on tea and Easy Mac. The base practically runs on those two items, so we need to set up a grocer run at some point.
Summary: Found Tenno, hope this doesn't screw up, buy more tea and Easy Mac.
-Hex

"I'm somewhat surprised a Tenno is voluntarily allowing themselves to get shot." James said as they walked. "Granted, you do have quite a bit of shielding and those Orokin modifications on your side, but still, our weapons make the Pluto MOA envious on occasion. Don't ask how we got that intel. Long story short, there's a reason only one Ambulas proxy made it past inspection."

(OOC: Meanwhile, while all of that is happening, that street the Nekros is in is going to need some cleanup). 

IC: 

The Nekros continued to twirl his Dark Dagger around, humming to himself when he thought back to today's harvest. 

"They're really ripe for picking, ", he thought as he continued walking down the street, "so ripe, that one little prick would burst them apart... those people are going to like what I'm doing...". 

James brought up a holographic interface from his wrist and tapped a message.[The Message]

SixFound a Warframe pilot willing to assist us in developing better shielding and armor for our troops.If all goes well, we won't have to worry about Loki's feeling good about having better armor.If not, angry Tenno. What's the plural for that, anyhow? Is it Tenno? Tenno's? Tennae? The second one sounds like some sort of breakfast cereal.Speaking of, we haven't had a grocer pass us by in a week, and we're running low on tea and Easy Mac. The base practically runs on those two items, so we need to set up a grocer run at some point.Summary: Found Tenno, hope this doesn't screw up, buy more tea and Easy Mac.-Hex

"I'm somewhat surprised a Tenno is voluntarily allowing themselves to get shot." James said as they walked. "Granted, you do have quite a bit of shielding and those Orokin modifications on your side, but still, our weapons make the Pluto MOA envious on occasion. Don't ask how we got that intel. Long story short, there's a reason only one Ambulas proxy made it past inspection."

"I don't plan to be getting shot, I'll take off the warframe, turn it on, and prop it up against a wall or something, then you guys can fire away." She explained with a cjuckle. "Which tenno would be stupid enough to let you shoot them with a rail gun?"

"Touche', although I am considering the possibility of you having a Conduit-variant suit." James said. "Or, like in Umbra's case, the inability to remove your suit full stop. I prefer anyone in my employ to know what they are getting into. Can save a lot of trouble explaining difficult missions, especially if the ultimate objective is personal gain."