The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Switch Teleport: Your Favorite Creative Uses/combos?

RunNGun

Question

Hi all,

I got the Loki warframe for starters, but I have yet to fully utilize his switch teleport skill mechanic.

I was curious to see what kinds of kooky and creative ways you Loki players out there use it for.

Combos with other warframe abilities are encouraged.

Please don't just say "I use the switch teleport to troll my teammates" or "I use it to get a teammate to extraction" or "I use it to get a dying teammate to a safe location."

I want interesting and creative thinking-outside-of-the-box uses.

19 answers to this question

A Rhino I ran with is super slow. So when we did missions and there are clumps of enemies, I rush into the middle of them after dropping a decoy and teleport switch with the rhino who had Iron Skin up and just laughed as I saw an entire cluster of enemies flying away in pieces from a giant axe.

Likewise, if an Ember or Banshee rushes over and drops an AoE, I teleport them out once they are done and clean up with Invisibility+Dual Zoren.

There were a few spots on a Defense map that made great spots for sniping so I set out a decoy at a high ledge, teleported up and then poofed someone with a Snipertron up to the perch so they could put in work and be safe.

Not sure if these are the 'creative' ways you are thinking of but I thought they were at least neat when they worked. Otherwise I sometimes miss and move a heavy into the party then switch them back out before the heavy can do any serious damage. I'm still new as my Loki.

EDIT: I sure am glad that Loki has such amazing energy reserves to allow players to do these sorts of things. I'm not sure if I could handle being limited by only 150 energy.

Edited by VanillaRegal

A Rhino I ran with is super slow. So when we did missions and there are clumps of enemies, I rush into the middle of them after dropping a decoy and teleport switch with the rhino who had Iron Skin up and just laughed as I saw an entire cluster of enemies flying away in pieces from a giant axe.

Likewise, if an Ember or Banshee rushes over and drops an AoE, I teleport them out once they are done and clean up with Invisibility+Dual Zoren.

There were a few spots on a Defense map that made great spots for sniping so I set out a decoy at a high ledge, teleported up and then poofed someone with a Snipertron up to the perch so they could put in work and be safe.

This works for me. I think it's pretty decent, helpful, and creative.

I do love the large energy pool that the Loki has, especially modded with a Flow.

The only thing about it is the low survivability it has compared to other frames

This works for me. I think it's pretty decent, helpful, and creative.

I do love the large energy pool that the Loki has, especially modded with a Flow.

The only thing about it is the low survivability it has compared to other frames

It is pretty low. You are almost forced to put out a lot of Decoys to make sure you can get in close. Invisibility is nice but Decoy makes every enemy nearby turn to shoot it instead which helps out the team more than you just running past everything. I just did an alert and as soon as I got to the Boss Room, I teleported myself to a ledge and then traded places with the boss. It was a melee boss (One of the genaric replacements Alerts do to fill in for the real thing) and it clipped around helplessly while my teamates shot at it. Got down eventually but it was a good thirty seconds of unloading.

It is pretty low. You are almost forced to put out a lot of Decoys to make sure you can get in close. Invisibility is nice but Decoy makes every enemy nearby turn to shoot it instead which helps out the team more than you just running past everything. I just did an alert and as soon as I got to the Boss Room, I teleported myself to a ledge and then traded places with the boss. It was a melee boss (One of the genaric replacements Alerts do to fill in for the real thing) and it clipped around helplessly while my teamates shot at it. Got down eventually but it was a good thirty seconds of unloading.

Now THAT is pretty creative.

I want to try now.

I'll admit it was exploiting AI so I expect that to be fixed soon. It's somewhat fixed because most ledges you can send your Decoy to, you can't switch with but sometimes... Just sometimes you can and it's funny to have an enemy clipping around trying to get back down.

Face elevator that goes down, after teammates have left you behind (or youre trying to get ahead)

Place Decoy in the elevator door

Switch with decoy

Walk through door, fall down elevator shaft

No more waiting!

Edit: Make sure the elevator goes down, not up. You might fall through the map, although you should just be teleported back to the door.

Edited by Darzk

You can kill an Ancient with one use of Switch Teleport. Jump off a ledge while activating the skill with any target and see them fall to their doom. Muhaahaha. If used while jumping off a ledge and on a squad mate both of you end up in the last location that his/she was at. Which makes it work more like an actual teleport power then Switch Teleport.

Kril can get stuck under the stairs in the boss room, kinda hard to say exactly where as idk where you're gonna face, but trial and error. Decoyswap/get yourself in, and lure her over then swap. I managed to get her permanently stuck once, she could shoot but not constantly, its like she was stuck trying to get out. Easy kill.

Maybe its because shes too tall but after trying again and again it never worked as nicely anymore. She gets stuck for moment and just squeezes out. Theres a perfect spot under the stairs where you enter the boss room however, in that small room that always leads you to the boss through a right entrance? Try it out, that one is consistent as she isn't too stuck to be buggy. Also means she can still shoot however. 

Trial and error with different bosses in different exploitish spots, its a lot of fun. Managed to sink Phorid under the map, thats a total failure however as it means no drops. Sunk myself through under the map many times too(you die). You can also thin out ancients for whats its worth in defence missions, if your team can't handle them all clumping together esp. with poison ones. Just find nice box/crate/higher spots where they can't move/jump down(still attack within range), then kill them at the end of the wave. There are so many, best example would be that new defence map with the wide open empty centre that has a mini mountain with straight long hallways surrounding it. Its wonderful.

Can't tell you how much silly fun it can be! Love Loki.

Edited by fuiseh

The saddest part about Loki's switch is that if you switch with an enemy while under heavy fire, he won't get shot to death while his friends scream "OH MY GOD!! I KILLED KENNY!!! YOU BASTARD!".

Just think it's a shame.

But Decoy and Switch is good for setting up a getaway if you think you need one, like in infestation maps or in heavily populated scenarios. Just before you get run over, switching to the decoy gives you some time to recover before you go back in, this time from a better position.

Add switch teleport a midair smash (Rhino is great as he is a big target). I am working on timing but done right squishy me is replaced by Ol' Thunder just as the smash lands.

I'm no longer in danger, mobbies smashed... Good times.

Sagonene

Millions of uses for the Decoy and Switch Teleport... Can be used to get to hard to reach areas with secret loot, can help teammates catch up with group since Loki can pretty much run real fast and teleport with his Decoy, and best part about his Decoy is that it distracts enemies in Defense.

Get to a sniping point, shoot enemies that are away from the objective and decoy the enemies that are near it. If Decoy is high enough level, I think it'll last longer under fire so that's also something to go for :P

Hi all,

I got the Loki warframe for starters, but I have yet to fully utilize his switch teleport skill mechanic.

I was curious to see what kinds of kooky and creative ways you Loki players out there use it for.

Please don't just say "I use the switch teleport to troll my teammates" or "I use it to get a teammate to extraction" or "I use it to get a dying teammate to a safe location."

ok so i say:

i use it to get my teammates killed xD

Hi all,

I use a pretty stacked ASH, my loki team mate noticed how brutal my Blade Storm uber was and how often i could use it [because of Power mods]

so he would teleport swap himself right into a huge mob, and then port switch ME right into the mob so i could immediately Blade Storm the whole bunch

was pretty awesome... i like playing with good Loki players for this sort of thing!