Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Melee Weapons

The_Traitor_Executioner

Why are heavy melee weapons even in the game right now?  They literally don't have a single advantage over normal weapons.  The only one even worth considering is the Fragor - and that's only because of its' knockdown ability.  Other than that, forget it.  Faster weapons can dish out even more damage at a MUCH faster rate at a MUCH lower stamina cost.  As a heavy weapon enthusiast, this disheartens me considerably.  When are we going to see a nice re-work to heavy melees?  Give them the ability to ragdoll and throw enemies sometimes, or much higher damage, or really anything that would make them worth their major drawbacks.

Galatine and cleaving whirlwind begs to differ. Run a berserker build, run into a group of enemies and become a blender of death.

That said I wouldn't mind seeing a few buffs.

So few know about this build that Galatine might actually get a buff which concerns me. I'm against a buff because it would likely lead to a nerf later on. 

So few know about this build that Galatine might actually get a buff which concerns me. I'm against a buff because it would likely lead to a nerf later on.

I'd love to see the Galatine get 15% crit chance and 3.5 crit damage.

And I agree, zerker-tine is a fairly rare build.

Still most people can't see beyond the stat screen.

It will be interesting to see the 2H changes.  As it stands now, they are predominantly at a big disadvantage over most 1Hs and a small number of 2Hs with mechanics that don't make them unwieldy.

Scindo Prime isn't so prime currently.