The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Infested Types, And Increased Difficulty

Brandr_

Whenever I play an infested mission I always get weirded out.

Ok, here I am on a grineer ship fighting chargers, then all of a sudden: Exploders, and ancients show up. What?

I'm on a grineer galleon, populated by nothing but grineer, and a Corpus with advanced infestation pops up. Then an ancient infested shows up too to say "hello". Isn't he supposed to be: Ancient, what was he doing on that ship.

*ZOOOMMM *Fat* *Fart* *Fart* There goes a fartspray on a grineer ship....

Shouldn't we have more types of infested to better represent some areas?

When I first started playing I though the infested were the big bad meanies of the game, first infested mission was a mobile defence on Venus.

I remember me and my friend got wrecked, no if ands or buts about it. Except, when I finally got my Reaper Prime, the infested became butter. The big bad guys of the game no more than walking, shambling, and sometimes running cotton for my reaper scissors

Even on Orikin ships, you see the mix of Grineer and corpus, why were both sides on the ship?

They don't even feel scary, or apart of the area anymore, Venus and Jupiter used to be the deep dark dens of the biggest baddest zombie virus ever, now it's like mixing Shawn of the Dead into Star Wars

The only infested that still feels lie it belongs where it is, that it evolved into the area is Lephantis. Doesn't it seem like Lephantis just grew there? Lived its entire existence there? Rather than being the copy-pasted charger that went from Pluto to Mars, it's Lephantis

Shouldn't we have more Corpus that could play charger? Those capture targets can run like nothing else

Shouldn't the Grineer be more explosive? Can't imagine their genetic tinkering could have gone over well...

In the orikin ships, why not have Tenno that fell to the infection totally, like the Ether sword says: It's used to humanly cleanse infested allies.

Why not have Infested Kubrows on the derelicts? We know they were there at some point, plus the Dark Sector on Earth still has them show up. Where's the painfully cute exploding doggy?

Can't we increase difficulty by having them camouflaged to the walls? Think about it, if you're apart of this giant amorphous infestation, you should be able to hide Inside it! Have them start coming out of the wood work (Literally) when you show up

Shouldn't the infestation be capable of taking over Orikin ships eventually? Shouldn't we have Gigantic infested modeled after the ships they took, flying into battle to deposit a huge amount of troops? Or just explode? (I like explosions)

New Infested are coming. From what they've shown in livestreams this is what we're getting.

Mutualist Moa: One variety sprays a sticky goo that slows Tenno unless they shoot it or jump over it. The other releases a nanoplague that spreads through Infested ranks buffing their armour if it jumps to Tenno it blinds them.

New Ancients: One bleeds out Infested pods when you hurt it and the other can rip it's chest open and unleash little minions at you.

The Juggernaut: A massive beast that launches air bursting acid artillery shots.

They will be getting much more challenging.

Whenever I play an infested mission I always get weirded out.

Ok, here I am on a grineer ship fighting chargers, then all of a sudden: Exploders, and ancients show up. What?

I'm on a grineer galleon, populated by nothing but grineer, and a Corpus with advanced infestation pops up. Then an ancient infested shows up too to say "hello". Isn't he supposed to be: Ancient, what was he doing on that ship.

*ZOOOMMM *Fat* *Fart* *Fart* There goes a fartspray on a grineer ship....

Shouldn't we have more types of infested to better represent some areas?

When I first started playing I though the infested were the big bad meanies of the game, first infested mission was a mobile defence on Venus.

I remember me and my friend got wrecked, no if ands or buts about it. Except, when I finally got my Reaper Prime, the infested became butter. The big bad guys of the game no more than walking, shambling, and sometimes running cotton for my reaper scissors

Even on Orikin ships, you see the mix of Grineer and corpus, why were both sides on the ship?

They don't even feel scary, or apart of the area anymore, Venus and Jupiter used to be the deep dark dens of the biggest baddest zombie virus ever, now it's like mixing Shawn of the Dead into Star Wars

The only infested that still feels lie it belongs where it is, that it evolved into the area is Lephantis. Doesn't it seem like Lephantis just grew there? Lived its entire existence there? Rather than being the copy-pasted charger that went from Pluto to Mars, it's Lephantis

Shouldn't we have more Corpus that could play charger? Those capture targets can run like nothing else

Shouldn't the Grineer be more explosive? Can't imagine their genetic tinkering could have gone over well...

In the orikin ships, why not have Tenno that fell to the infection totally, like the Ether sword says: It's used to humanly cleanse infested allies.

Why not have Infested Kubrows on the derelicts? We know they were there at some point, plus the Dark Sector on Earth still has them show up. Where's the painfully cute exploding doggy?

Can't we increase difficulty by having them camouflaged to the walls? Think about it, if you're apart of this giant amorphous infestation, you should be able to hide Inside it! Have them start coming out of the wood work (Literally) when you show up

Shouldn't the infestation be capable of taking over Orikin ships eventually? Shouldn't we have Gigantic infested modeled after the ships they took, flying into battle to deposit a huge amount of troops? Or just explode? (I like explosions)

I may be wrong, but I've always assumed the Infested can physically travel onto ships from space somehow. So Corpus Infested can travel with the hive to a Grineer ship. I think in the last devstream they showed some kind of flying Ancient, and that may explain how.

There's two possible explanations as to why the infested are a hodge-podge of enemies rather than just one singular faction depending on the level:

1) It could be that the ship, planet, station, etc. you're boarding came into contact with the remains of some derelict shuttle/vessel, from which the virus was able to consume a whole new branch of hosts in addition to the ones that were aboard the vessel itself. This would explain why you can encounter both Grineer and Corpus zombies in the same place, as well as Ancients who are either the most evolved or could've even infected multiple vessels.

2) Making unique variant models for each class of infested takes time and money from the Devs, which could be invested into more crucial aspects of the game, ergo making these unique models takes low priority on DE's "to do" list.

Either way I definitely agree that it would still be nice to see some variations in the designs of the Infested, even if we do have to wait a while I hope it's something they get around to eventually.

Edited by Paradoxbomb